What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
Still pretty impressive to come in and completely wipe a disfunctional self-centred board/ceo out in your first week... you can understand why our board didnt want a bar of him despite Ryles request.
the CEO or Richardson did not do it. The Shareholders or members reps got the numbers or support to overthrow
No doubt O Farrell and Richardson were sounded out for the job (starting officially January) but this was started and completed internally. Sorry..this belongs on the other WT thread
But something that cant or never will happen to our BOD without many more layers of red tape and restrictions which is frustrating

Last edited:

TheRev

Coach
Well regardless as I have articulated before.. the Tigers are still 2+ years in front of us (it might be 3yrs by the time we have our 1st marquee), and now they have finally gotten rid of their shitty board, have their GM in Richo, and now have their marquee halfback on top... i'd be pretty happy as a tigers fan with their progress.

Back to us... we need a win badly.. lets just hope we can land our big fish before xmas..

Last edited:

TheRev

Coach
I'm guessing it starts in 2025?
I would say yes.. but I think now that Luai has confirmed as leaving.. the vibe in the room always changes.. and you never know.. but given Penrith are going for 4 straight.. he might actually prefer to stay put..

With AFB I think its a bit different because hes not a Warrior Jr.. hes literally a mercenary to the highest bidder.. I think they might be keener to have him go early if he's a bit restless around the group.. maybe not.. but I think NZ would be open to a swap if we get his signature.

since77

Juniors
Well regardless as I have articulated before.. the Tigers are still 2+ years in front of us (it might be 3yrs by the time we have our 1st marquee), and now they have finally gotten rid of their shitty board, have their GM in Richo, and now have their marquee halfback on top... i'd be pretty happy as a tigers fan with their progress.

Back to us... we need a win badly.. lets just hope we can land our big fish before xmas..
It never ceases to amaze me that clubs like us and the Tigers can wait so long to make the changes needed that are blindingly obvious to everyone else watching on. Its insane and negligent that their incompetent board (and ours) preferred to slide backwards for more than a decade rather than fix things. I don't necessarily think we're years behind the Tigers - they've fixed their board but we've at least finally got an NRL quality coach - I'm not a fan of the Benji rookie coaching appointment - I think we'll get results on the field quicker than they will.
2025 will be an interesting year for both teams. One things is for sure - fans of both teams deserve something to cheer about.

Dragon David

First Grade
Well the stocks are certainly going up at the Wests Tigers for their halves. A few might be told next year that they are not wanted such as Adam Doueihi and Aidan Sezer whose contracts finish at the end of 2024. They will have Luai, Sullivan, Galvin, Fainu, the latter two still pretty young. If Sullivan goes well and stays fit for 2024, I'm sure he will partner up with Luai in the halves and will form a great combination starting in 2025.

Luai coming out of a well structured system like Penrith doesn't mean that he will bring that to the Tigers and being the highest paid player at the club, the other players will be relying on him doing plenty of work on the field - "hey mate, your getting the big dosh, you can work harder" and he might very well just go through the motions. Luckily though he will have Api geeing him up.

Their forwards look good and so too their backs so all in all the Tigers are on their way up with the change of board and all that jazz as well.

The pressure will be on Marshall to get the results.

We really need those players that Flanagan has identified, starting with AFB. If we don't land him, then as far as I am concerned it will be the usual losing results in games and the dismal luring of quality players.

Iamback

Coach
Well the stocks are certainly going up at the Wests Tigers for their halves. A few might be told next year that they are not wanted such as Adam Doueihi and Aidan Sezer whose contracts finish at the end of 2024. They will have Luai, Sullivan, Galvin, Fainu, the latter two still pretty young. If Sullivan goes well and stays fit for 2024, I'm sure he will partner up with Luai in the halves and will form a great combination starting in 2025.

Luai coming out of a well structured system like Penrith doesn't mean that he will bring that to the Tigers and being the highest paid player at the club, the other players will be relying on him doing plenty of work on the field - "hey mate, your getting the big dosh, you can work harder" and he might very well just go through the motions. Luckily though he will have Api geeing him up.

Their forwards look good and so too their backs so all in all the Tigers are on their way up with the change of board and all that jazz as well.

The pressure will be on Marshall to get the results.

We really need those players that Flanagan has identified, starting with AFB. If we don't land him, then as far as I am concerned it will be the usual losing results in games and the dismal luring of quality players.

From an outsider.

You guys are way in front of Tigers and Dogs because of Flanno.

Dragon David

First Grade
Luai is an overrated player. Any player who signs up to a troubled club like the Tigers is just after the money.

The contract needs registration and the Panthers have 10 days cooling off period to allow them to counter the deal offered by the Tigers. So until it is actually confirmed he might still be a Panther.

Parko1310

Juniors
Yeah the Tigers are not in front of us. They've just signed Luai to a ridiculous contract. Shane Richardson is not what he's cracked up to be, he's completely washed. And Benji Marshall + Robbie Farah are both completely unqualified coaches.

People point to Luai playing well at halfback in the WC last year as evidence he can play that role well. It's completely different week-to-week in the NRL, plus the international game is much slower than the NRL. I mean seriously, he only dominated in games against Greece and France. How is that a measuring stick for week-to-week NRL? He literally had zero impact on the game against Australia when his team was on the back foot, he was a spectator. The Tigers have just ensured 5 more years of pain in my opinion and a strain on their cap that restricts them from buying an elite halfback. I think Luai is a good player, anyone who says he isn't just doesn't like him and his public persona, but he is not worth anywhere near what the Tigers are paying and he's not a halfback. He will struggle at the Tigers. So happy we told his management not interested when we were approached early on. Way smarter move to go for Dearden, and if we can't get him, at least we haven't just tied up millions for years in a player who won't meet expectations. Won't be his fault when he doesn't reach the expectations of some fans, he's just not the player he's been signed to be.

TheRev

Coach
I'm anxious now that Mam & Luai are off the market, that could mean many more eyes on Dearden.. imo we havent offered enough to him in the current inflated salary market.. but it may be issues other than just dollars going on.

Definitely dissapointed these signings look to be pushing out to 2024.. I thought a couple of weeks after Nov 1st it would all be wrapped up.

Parko1310

Juniors
I'm anxious now that Mam & Luai are off the market, that could mean many more eyes on Dearden.. imo we havent offered enough to him in the current inflated salary market.. but it may be issues other than just dollars going on.

Definitely dissapointed these signings look to be pushing out to 2024.. I thought a couple of weeks after Nov 1st it would all be wrapped up.
The Dearden one will require patience. His manager said he won't be rushed into making a decision and will wait until during the season to make that decision. The Bulldogs will go hard for him too I would think now that Luai is off the market. Good news I believe will come on AFB soon enough, probably in the new year. We're going to have to sort out with the Warriors what they get in terms of compensation, but I'm confident we'll land him. Luki is another one I believe we'll land.

Biglance

Bench

i actually disagree with this.

I think end of 2024 we will be a very different club

Latest posts