What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

SEAT 1A

Bench
O well, the rumours thread has been great however, no one coming. Hopefully one will come through.

Flanno doing his best but what does it say about the club. Surely, there has to be some red faces.

I'm not holding my breath and it will take a long time, it's unbelievable but we are where we are.

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
I just hope the kids alright in the end whether he plays or not ..... I wish him all the best ......
I think we need to look after him the best we can and help him through what be a will be a really bad time in his life keep him as close to the club as we are allowed and when he is allowed to play again give him a second chance. We all do dumb shit when we are young and this is a lesson to all young footballers that they are only special on the field.

SBD82

Coach
Afternoon guys,
This is my first time on here. I've been reading posts on here for a couple of years during our club's bad run & it's been hard to sit back and watch. I've been following the Dragons since I was 9, I turn 60 next July. I will continue following the Dragons until I leave earth, I just hope everyone gives Flanno and the team he has at the moment time to prove everyone wrong. It's bad enough that the media give us enough crap to sell a paper or a story without us supporters gunning for the players or coach and not giving them a chance.
Well I’m convinced.

Anyone who says mean things about Flanno or any of the players isn’t a real fan, and they can meet me in the swamp.

I don't think anyone has been brainwashed. Speaking personally, I think there is a time to lay the boot in and a time to have a positive outlook.
And we all have our guard up, nobody is getting carried away, its more people being cautiously optimistic.
Trust me, if we get 6 weeks into the season and its the same old 5 hit ups, give it to Ben. Pathetic defense, players blaming each other for tries conceded, then it'll be back to laying the boot in and outrage.
For now, I'm embracing the hope (foolish as you think that is).
@Mr Angry sir can you give my mate, Crush, here a tutelage on your take of Flanno-Ball please.

The Flange will have you guys playing tough. You may lose some close games but all the other teams will know that they've had a rough ride of it.

Gardenia

Juniors
Crush, I shouldnt put people down for being positive and that is not my intention, nor should anyone care what I think in regard to their own personal psychology. This has been a long fought subject on this forum and for the last 12 years there has been next to nothing to show for all the fans' positive energy. I deal in facts and at best I will be somewhat positively surprised if there's improvement.

I just feel sorry for us that right now a host of teams are licking their lips at the prospects their club are bringing to them and here are our fans trying to squint just enough at our team that it appears anything but the dogs breakfast that is.

Last year we were in the same position and pinning the last of our hopes on Bud, Tyrell and Amone etc now that attention has turned to the likes of Couchman's and the two blokes we got from Manly, with even less conviction. What a long bow to draw to say that equates to a better finish for us, all the while with a captain that would bend over backwards for QLD but just cry in the corner when anyone other than Hook gives him an instruction.
Thankyou RedV - I can see that you understand and have empathy.

Gardenia

Juniors
Afternoon guys,
This is my first time on here. I've been reading posts on here for a couple of years during our club's bad run & it's been hard to sit back and watch. I've been following the Dragons since I was 9, I turn 60 next July. I will continue following the Dragons until I leave earth, I just hope everyone gives Flanno and the team he has at the moment time to prove everyone wrong. It's bad enough that the media give us enough crap to sell a paper or a story without us supporters gunning for the players or coach and not giving them a chance.
Hi Dragon64, welcome and glad you have joined us. Great to meet another ride or die fan. I have been following the dragons since I was in nappies at Kogarah oval with my dear great grandfather. I am now 53. I take great pride in that jersey. I will not gun for the players or coach but I will gun for the board and mgt that has run this proud club into the ground. Its obvious recruitment are not the greatest negotiators. Fact. My Grandfather god bless him would be groaning from heaven. He would approve of Mr Flanagan. To think this proud beautiful club is being rejected by players. How did it ever come to this?

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes I knew that I had a brain snap. Its a commercial agreement so no wouldnt have one. It would still need all of the terms decided though so maybe they are still working this out.
Hi Gardenia

The Dragon's CEO has mentioned in his interview in the "Coach and CEO" Update -

that an announcement will be made soon on the sponsorship.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
It is great to hear that Hamish Stewart and Dylan Egan were mentioned by Flanno as players he could give their debut jerseys to as both are only 19yrs old I believe

Flanno did say he thinks they will FG footballers for a very long time

He was hesitant rushing then though

But really we have to solve that spearhead metres asap via a top10 prop

5/8 Kyle might do a strong job but we need more depth their if not marque as identified with Deardon

Very much hope Luki saids yes

Many may also be getting an offer he can’t refuse?

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
It is great to hear that Hamish Stewart and Dylan Egan were mentioned by Flanno as players he could give their debut jerseys to as both are only 19yrs old I believe

Flanno did say he thinks they will FG footballers for a very long time

He was hesitant rushing then though

But really we have to solve that spearhead metres asap via a top10 prop

5/8 Kyle might do a strong job but we need more depth their if not marque as identified with Deardon

Very much hope Luki saids yes

Many may also be getting an offer he can’t refuse?
Im curios if people view Luki as a prop or 2nd rower, i know he is damaging on the edge, but down the track i see him as prop..

kit66

Bench
Im curios if people view Luki as a prop or 2nd rower, i know he is damaging on the edge, but down the track i see him as prop..

We're desperate for a good defensive 2nd rower to tighten things up out wide. He plays 2nd row for the cows and does a great job in defence and attack, I'd leave him in that position and go after a prop of note like Klemmer to help us out and mentor the Coachmen and Manly boys - our pack needs a leader and someone who can dominate oppositions.

TheRev

First Grade
I thought Luki was a pretty agile sort of a dude like Nanai, but I havent really watched him in 1-2yrs, i think he was injured for much of that.. and as a young man his body might still be changing.

Klemmer while no AFB would absolutely be far better than any other prop we can get a hold of.. if our middles could hold their own for 80 minutes, we can have some latitude with the other positions.

Parko1310

Juniors
I currently see him as a second rower, but the possibility of moving him to the middle might explain why we've been linked to two second rowers from the same team, even though we've got Couchman and Egan coming through. If Luki becomes a middle, Su'a occupies one edge if we keep him, leaving Ryan Couchman, Finefuaki and Egan to battle for the other edge spot. If we don't keep Su'a, we'd still have plenty of depth there, albeit not overly experienced depth. I'm definitely open to seeing Luki in the middle if we could bring him and Finefuaki in. Although, I think the latter may end up at the Dolphins.

Was an intertesting little bit in Andrew Webster's column in today's Sydney Morning Herald. He wrote that some time back, Peter Doust put to the board that the Dragons should hire Shane Richardson to be its Director of Football or CEO. Webster went on that this proposal was shot down at board level by those appointed by WIN.