What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

dungay dragon

Juniors
Issue is, especially in the halves, we have no juniors ready to make that leap to first grade. The supp squad doesn't have any halves. T&T list we have Kade Reed and Lykhan King-Togia, but neither are ready at this stage. Jack Bird will be next half up at this stage unfortunately. So, I suppose you could say we're giving our juniors a chance there, even if it is one who can barely move.
Yep , realise that . but barring injury Hunt n Kyle have that covered , then perhaps Bird n Turner
We really lack that Mongrel type front rower ,
Perhaps May if we could squeeze a 2024 release from the Chooks
We truly deserve a change of fortune

thebigredv

First Grade
Ulcerative colitis isn't something you recover from to play rugby league. Unfortunately
Compared to all the very upsetting things that have happened over the last five years on and off the field at our club, the Ramsay diagnosis and ultimate exit from the sport takes the absolute cake.

He was set to be the face of our club and was a unifier amongst players. Shocking of course for us as fans but the turmoil for the young man and his family must be beyond belief.

I often get caught up in my own hopes and dreams to see my team do well but I find this very sobering and I hope he is out there doing ok.

TheRev

Coach
As hard as I am on Turner.. his injury makes fielding the NSW Cup halves extremely difficult.. this is without any further injuries to the squad. I dont even want to consider what an injury to Hunt or KFlan looks like.

We are going to have to recruit 'someone', im just sad because Volkman was a good catch... he could have worked out to be our longterm 7, right age, right experience (i.e. a taste of nrl and international), not just an untried rookie... he was ready to step up.. not sure we will get someone that promising now.

Allan is a hard one also, another good back covering fullback/ctr/wing.. genuine first grader.. and insult to injury we now have to carry him in our 30 without even playing a game. Hope we can get some closure on Ramsey soon.

hewi

Bench
Can we bump Volk to a train and trial or something similar? So he can rehab correctly and if all goes well we can potentially give him another one year contract for 2025?

it’s not like we have a bunch of young halves rolling through for 2025 anyway

I like your idea but you would need a plan B shoulder reconstructions are a bit of a worry.

kit66

Bench
Can we bump Volk to a train and trial or something similar? So he can rehab correctly and if all goes well we can potentially give him another one year contract for 2025?

it’s not like we have a bunch of young halves rolling through for 2025 anyway

I wouldn't be doing Volkman any favours, in fact I'm very suspicious about why him and his manager didn't mention his injury before he signed. What was the plan, get conveniently injured at training, or in his first game then sit back while we paid him a salary and medical costs to get his operation and rehab ? The NRL should have a chat with them and the Warriors medical staff because it sounds a bit dodgy to me.

offiah

Juniors
I wouldn't be doing Volkman any favours, in fact I'm very suspicious about why him and his manager didn't mention his injury before he signed. What was the plan, get conveniently injured at training, or in his first game then sit back while we paid him a salary and medical costs to get his operation and rehab ? The NRL should have a chat with them and the Warriors medical staff because it sounds a bit dodgy to me.
Not that I know anything about it at all, but it doesn’t seem like a smart move to make if you knew you had an injury that would put you out for most of the year. Why not stay on your two year deal to recover and get another chance to play again in 2025. And if it’s career threatening, get two years of salary instead of one.

Latest posts