What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Wonder if we do get him will we play him at lock or on the edge? It's a bit of a free hit to get him. We have $$$ to spend & our young fwds still need a few years developing before they're starting players imo. He certainly brings size & skill.

It's reported we'll pay out Corey Allan his 2024 contract in order to free up a roster spot.

kit66

Bench
That's not entirely correct. Long story.

Just so you know, this particular forum was established in 2003. It's forerunner started earlier. Time flies when you're having fun.

Any archives available ? How far back can I explore ?

Dragon David

First Grade
I would love to see Flanno having a secret coffee with Max King after this is released. Actually better still, Ivan Cleary.
It would be great if the tables were turned on Gus if Max King either leaves the Dogs or the Dogs have to pay more freight for him. Not being able to jag Terrell May away from the Roosters would have also put a few dents in Gus's smug face.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Any archives available ? How far back can I explore ?
There's a few ways to do it. The search function at the top has some advance features.

Or you can go the forum page and click on the last page number (number 850 goes back to 2003). Btw, I have the name 'Anonymous' back there, after we got hacked... another long story.

If you want to go back further, there's the Classic threads section at the bottom of the main message board. That has the NineMsn/ LWOS archives from about 2001 (LU forerunner).
The Jubilee Avenue threads are all there in the JA section, that was saved in 2007 just before NineMsn/ WORL died, the posts there go back to 2000.

Saving and migrating the WORL and LWOS stuff was a mammoth task. LU's IT genius Coby had to deal with some pushback from NineMsn but we got there in the end.

Unfortunately all the old bulletin board and email group stuff from the 1990s is gone. Things like the St George E-Group (which Yahoo only closed in 2022) and the original Jubilee Avenue stuff (started by Glenn Baker).

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
back to the subject re Max King

he must be on our list

2024 contract finishes and the guy in a good team would be a serious asset

ball playing post contact is very impressive and is coming into his prime like AFB did last two years ie right age right size right time in the NRL

justadragon

Bench
are the Sharks lurking
silent
deadly

St George Dragon juniors AFB and Luc together again at .................The Sharks.............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

I would think the Sharks would be at their cap, certainly havent got the wriggle room we have. But stranger things have happened

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Sounds like reluctant to match the $700k pa offer from the Warriors

Same amount as Luc pa