What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

possm

Coach
Blocks the young kids , he wants outs but demands 4 years id offer 2 with mutual option for a 3rd take it or stay up north luc
If the young guns are good enough, they will replace him. He is not an SOO player you know. Right now we need first-grade ready players and if possible a few marquee players. When the young guns are ready, they will be selected.

LL - no thank you not for 4 years. Even 3 would be too much. He and his brother have had chequered careers. I was keen for us to keep LL when he was with us before, but having him back should only be on our terms only.
Think you are spot on with this Dragon D.
I am not convinced this deal will get done anytime soon, if at all.
Many negotiations have broken down over the years based on the length of the contract.
If you can believe the media reports, it sounds like Luc is keen to return to his juniors club.
I liked the suggestion I read here earlier about a 2 year deal, with the option of another year.

Dragon David

First Grade
what happened to keeping negotiations hush hush
Has there even been anything official from the club saying that we are negotiating with his manager? I'm sure that Flanno definitely would not be openly saying that we have entered into negotiations just in case any deal doesn't go ahead and he gets embarrassed once more with "the one that got away" story again.

I’m kind of expecting an upheaval at Belmore if they have another bad season.

Burton is slumming it on $750 a season, they’ve made him co-captain, but if it’s a bad 2024 and ciraldo is butchered, I think a lot of their players will want out.

Enter flanno hopefully to pick up scruffy marquee. His speciality.

Last edited:

TheRev

Coach
We couldn't have kept this one quiet... the 2024 season is about to kick-off, and Luciano is in-contract for 2 years still, so tbh we werent allowed to be talking to him until he got a release.. so we could be in the wrong there.. but I reckon its come about after Luciano didnt secure a 1st grade spot.. so maybe we are in the clear.. we may not even sign him yet ofcourse!

But I dont think any parties will be unhappy.. given 2 homegrown kids like Nanai and Luki that are rep quality.. and 1 more behind who looks even better... this seems sort of a win for all parties..

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Mario Tartak reportedly confirmed to SEN he has request an immediate release for Luc

What the Cowboys have permitted so far re access to Luc from other clubs is a mystery

Let the circus unfold

All the Sydney clubs will be interested and Penrith will be high on the list I suspect

He used to training in 45 degrees lol 😂

But seriously if all offers are similar to Luc and he is allowed to leave……..I would run off Cleary every single day of the week if I was an edge backrower

Wouldn’t be surprised if old fart Bennett has a go also.

My workmate had to tackle Lucy once in juniors front on and he said it hurt a lot!

I’d like to think he hasn’t reached his potential.

If he wants out, then I think it’s untenable that he stays in NQ.

We loved him at the tigers and he held firm when BJ was carrying on when we released him.

Their beloved mum is very sick, maybe not much time left, so he has a genuine family reason attached. Not the excuse version.

I wish him and BJ well with this terrible situation.

So the report on Zero Tackle is saying Luc will be signing a 4 year deal and mentioning again that Allan is the one most likely to be paid out to make room in our roster.
Do not like the idea of Luc getting a 4 year deal.
Absolute maximum for me would be 2 years with an option.
There is just too much back row talent coming through, and some of the young guys will just see this as a road block to their future at the club.

Dragon David

First Grade
So the report on Zero Tackle is saying Luc will be signing a 4 year deal and mentioning again that Allan is the one most likely to be paid out to make room in our roster.
There is just too much back row talent coming through, and some of the young guys will just see this as a road block to their future at the club.

I agree that the term LL wants is too long and could be a sticking point of the negotiations. While Zero Tackle has mentioned that we are in talks with him and his manager, there still isn't anything being actually said by Flanno himself just in case he doesn't suffer with a red face if things backfire.

RedVDave

First Grade
Dont know why everyone is so opposed/surprised by the 4 year deal. The board has put us in such a lousy position we need to entice players to come here if a 4 year deal instead of 3 year deal is what gets it over the line then make happen. I suggest we get used to paying overs for players for a while until we improve greatly on the field.

Yeah, I could push to 3, depending on
“play away” price.

But I think the contract should read fines for carrying on like bunt if he gets uppity.

All this cash for a play at AFB recently and Allan ( who breaks his leg for the club) gets a smack in the chops for Lucy who briskly left the club for quick cash only a few years ago.

Brutal!!

League is hell, you wouldn’t wish it on your worse enemy lol.

It’s ethically very challenging at times, very mysterious!

Last edited:

Latest posts