What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redVinme

Bench
Get both and keep Zac.

Jordan Petaia. Surely they've already sussed the cap discount for landing a cross code player. If Ben haran isn't involved that is.

While I'm dreaming and probably controversially I'd move rav on and put suli on the wing. I've seen him take a few bombs over his head to save tries for us. He scored a 90m? Runaway last year and he never passes the ball anyway so no point having him in the centres. It's a waste if Luc is ball playing and it stops dead.

Anywho this backline would be way more fun than what we have now

Sloan
Turuva
Petaia
Lomax
Suli

Bit of pace, power and ball playing
Most can play across a few positions too

Anywho we will probs end up with jai field

Gardenia

Bench
Get both and keep Zac.

Jordan Petaia. Surely they've already sussed the cap discount for landing a cross code player. If Ben haran isn't involved that is.

While I'm dreaming and probably controversially I'd move rav on and put suli on the wing. I've seen him take a few bombs over his head to save tries for us. He scored a 90m? Runaway last year and he never passes the ball anyway so no point having him in the centres. It's a waste if Luc is ball playing and it stops dead.

Anywho this backline would be way more fun than what we have now

Sloan
Turuva
Petaia
Lomax
Suli

Bit of pace, power and ball playing
Most can play across a few positions too

Anywho we will probs end up with jai field
You lost me at Move Rav on . You make some good points but boo to losing Rav

hook hook

Juniors
So would I. His defensive reading is deplorable. Trouble is he has just been given a three year extension. Dumb.
I’d be pursuing with rav, give him time to adapt to the defensive systems. He is a good 1 on 1 tackler if they can improve his positioning he will be good. He offers so much strike but the dragons tend to hit a hard running centre or back rower when shifting the ball so he doesn’t really have a chance outside suli to showcase his attack

Parko1310

Juniors
Ravalawa is not good enough, never has been. I'd definitely be looking to move him on, particularly if we can get a swap for him. Both Petaiai and Turuva would be better options than Ravalawa is. In a dream scenario, we get both, and we end up with two new wingers, move Zac back to centre, bye bye Birdy. Turuva and Petaia can also both fill centre and fullback if need be. Allan comes back too next year, so our backline coverage would be sorted.

Fans always talk about how we need to be ruthless, but when a ruthless scenario is presented to them, they'll say no. Ravalawa is a fan favourite for a lot of people, he can be at times fun to watch. But when looking at who the better player is between him and Turuva or him and Petaia, or him vs both of them, we are so much better off getting rid of Rava in any of these scenarios where we sign these outside guys. We are trying to build a premiership winning side, not keep perennial losers in this team who haven't been able to do the job for years and maybe scrape into the 8 in the best case scenario.

thebigredv

First Grade
Something tells me Rav and Turuva in the same team would be dynamite. I guess it's the Fiji connection but you can see it. I get that Mikaele should be coming under scrutiny in a revamp of this club, and if it means we say good bye to him then so be it but I can think of worse things than keeping him on. Lomax departure may or may not happen as I think he's real value to other clubs will come to light now, and we will see if it has been hyper-inflated. Obviously, as luck would have it Sunia will probably end up somewhere else or staying put but it is interesting times. Definitely time to make moves while we are not languishing at 17th place.

Ravalawa is not good enough, never has been. I'd definitely be looking to move him on, particularly if we can get a swap for him. Both Petaiai and Turuva would be better options than Ravalawa is. In a dream scenario, we get both, and we end up with two new wingers, move Zac back to centre, bye bye Birdy. Turuva and Petaia can also both fill centre and fullback if need be. Allan comes back too next year, so our backline coverage would be sorted.
:100: I say no to this Fijian as his defense is poor, so is plain dumb to replace one, Rav, with another that has the same defensive liability. I say time to give Sione Finau a crack Flanagan, Zac back home and Bird to fly away.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Has Flano made a grave error with players he has let go vs who he was brought to the top30 so far?

I dont think so

Birdy might be the only slow burn that might turn out Flano was right re unleashing Lomax to the with wing no1 adjustment................ then hoping his right centre would lift to NRL level ...............lets hope

BLM01

First Grade
Ravalawa just signed a 3 year Flanno deal, unlikely to leave.. potentially move into forwards down the track.
Turuva and Patieia both good inexpensive options
Are you sure? He was a club / Haran signing mid season, before Flanno really left Manly to look at our squad seriously. Although if he was to be fair he was in try scoring form last year

Last edited:

Latest posts