What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gardenia

Juniors
Ah…ok…well. I guess the dragons didn’t see him as being part of their future plans. It happens to a lot of young players. Not sure what his old man is whinging about.
What does that mean exactly though when a talented individual is "not seen as part of the future plans"? So, they are good but you've put a line through them. These clowns need to be held accountable and provide a rational reason.

Gardenia

Juniors
Very disappointed with Dell's comments about the club that brought him back to the NRL and gave him a career after he finished. It's not the clubs fault that the coaches in charge at the time made these dumb decisions because they felt they had to keep Corey Norman playing at 6 even though he clearly was not putting in? Why is the beef with the club in general? How do us fans feel, we had AFB, Sailor and JDB coming though as future stars and then got caught up with off field rubbish. Saints lost 2 of them and held on to JDB who at the time was an Origin player. Dragons reacted the way the NRL wanted them to and put pressure on them to release them just like they did to Canberra when they got rid of Duggan and Carney.

I thought Tristan was a great player when he played at the Dragons and remember a game he played in FG against the chooks when he scored a nice try. He showed a lot of confidence. I think it was his 1st or 2nd game. He looked great but Mary persisted with Norman. That was all Mary not the club and Saints have got rid of him since. I was devastated Saints let him go of Tristan but they had no choice with his misdemeanors. Probably why Tristan still loves the Dragons as he is probably more mature than Dell and realises he was part to blame for leaving because of his unfortunate circumstance. I hope this kid kicks on but a shame he won't be coming back to the Dragons.
Well Tristan needs to make his own decisions not what his dad says

still being shafted for Corey Norman. That has got to sting. All respect to Corey as he had some talent and he is an upstanding person. Helps with charities etc.

hook hook

Juniors
No sorry even though he sh*t me to tears as well and I know where you are coming from. Despite this I think we need him. We are a long way off not needing his star power. He is our best player.
Is he our best player? Individually probably.
Is he the best player for the team as a 7? Definitely not.
he can’t organise, his last tackle plays are awful, can he ice a game (no he will hit a prop with a predictable ball with seconds to go),he doesn’t trust anyone on the team; which leads to a breakdown of attacking structures because of him overriding calls and taking all last tackle kicks, even in a worse position than the 5/8
while I agree that he is a good player, he is not the right fit for this team

Is he our best player? Individually probably.
Is he the best player for the team as a 7? Definitely not.
he can’t organise, his last tackle plays are awful, can he ice a game (no he will hit a prop with a predictable ball with seconds to go),he doesn’t trust anyone on the team; which leads to a breakdown of attacking structures because of him overriding calls and taking all last tackle kicks, even in a worse position than the 5/8
while I agree that he is a good player, he is not the right fit for this team
There is no doubt that he is a good player. In fact, he is a brilliant player.

But there were several games last year, and the game against Newcastle last week, where the team fought hard and played well, but he affected us negatively and we subsequently lost. I mean to say that there are several games that we lost where an average performance from a Jock Madden type, say 6/10, would have won us the game. A player like Sezer is like an anti-Hunt: he does nothing brilliant, but he never ensures that his team will lose. I suspect Hunt would have had a better career if he'd played next to a solid but unspectacular dominant half. Then he could just compete hard and add brilliance like he does for Qld.

Phantom V

Juniors
There is no doubt that he is a good player. In fact, he is a brilliant player.

But there were several games last year, and the game against Newcastle last week, where the team fought hard and played well, but he affected us negatively and we subsequently lost. I mean to say that there are several games that we lost where an average performance from a Jock Madden type, say 6/10, would have won us the game. A player like Sezer is like an anti-Hunt: he does nothing brilliant, but he never ensures that his team will lose. I suspect Hunt would have had a better career if he'd played next to a solid but unspectacular dominant half. Then he could just compete hard and add brilliance like he does for Qld.
Exactly this. A good comparison is Luke Brooks and look how he’s going at Manly now.

Latest posts