What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

What beats me is (and this will be the last comment I make on this subject, I'm over it) how can anyone know what is discussed at contract meetings, Coaches/players /staff, I doubt very much anyone who signs a contract immediately goes to the media and publishes the content, so we dont know, and we dont know anything else either. How can we possibly make assumptions on what was or was not agreed to, let alone what was said. I'll even go a little further and say who on here is that far entrenched in the club that they can openly discuss on good authority the day to day running of the club. We operate on rumours and opinions, thats it, we get crap from the media that we thrive on and the odd snippet from the club, thats it. Flanno is our coach, how he got there is not up to me to decide if it was right or wrong. I'm happy when we win and sad when we lose, I come on here and vent my elation or frustration with fellow posters, I'll go through numerous scenarios with everyone of what went right or wrong, dust myself off and head into next week, thats it. As hard as it maybe to come to the realisation that I cant change or control what happens at the Dragons, all I have left is my discussion points on this forum with other Dragons diehards. For me to even put a moral stamp on how a player or coach gained their position, its ridiculous !!! Lets face it if the club wants to get a player or a coach or staff member of ill repute, then they will and there is nothing we can do about it, heres the choice, either continue to support the club regardless or stand by your ethics and move on, that is the only choice you have and will ever have when it comes down to the Dragons !!
Top post jd.

qld redvee

Juniors
o My understanding (and riccio mentioned it today) is Flanno literally just met with Lodge for a coffee catchup, nothing serious at this stage despite all the media stories loving it..... Flanno would have gotten an idea what hes after, how his injuries are travelling etc.

o The one we are chasing seriously is Saifiti.. sounds like that will just come back to dollars being chipped in by Newcastle.. as he still has 2yrs @750k. The qn is are other clubs interested or not.. or even a UK club.. in terms of how hard flanno wants to push...
I just hope we dont dither around attempting to get newcastle to chip in a luicrous amount and we lose him , If hes on say 800 well go in and ask for 200 a year . we need size desperately and if flanno can get him performing money well spent , just go in hard thrash out a price sign him and move on

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Isaiah Fagalilo who is starting for Flegg as no9 this week over his normal starting no9 captain. Isaiah is a Keebra Park boy

I’m hazarding a guess we have 6 plus qld players with SG and or Flegg

very smart diversification as Sydney is tough competition with the big clubs

Fagalilo
TPH
Tonga
Hutch
Phillips 2025
Junior Saifiti 2025

Last edited:

possm

Coach
o My understanding (and riccio mentioned it today) is Flanno literally just met with Lodge for a coffee catchup, nothing serious at this stage despite all the media stories loving it..... Flanno would have gotten an idea what hes after, how his injuries are travelling etc.

o The one we are chasing seriously is Saifiti.. sounds like that will just come back to dollars being chipped in by Newcastle.. as he still has 2yrs @750k. The qn is are other clubs interested or not.. or even a UK club.. in terms of how hard flanno wants to push...
Is Saifiti the like-for-like repacement wing/center for Lomax?

TheRev

First Grade
I meant Daniel Saifiti (the one we are trying to come to a deal over).

The younger one is only 18 still.. SG and Flegg..

Lomax replacement still to come.. still seems like we are waiting on Blaize before we move to other targets.

Latest posts