What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TruSaint

Referee
What beats me is (and this will be the last comment I make on this subject, I'm over it) how can anyone know what is discussed at contract meetings, Coaches/players /staff, I doubt very much anyone who signs a contract immediately goes to the media and publishes the content, so we dont know, and we dont know anything else either. How can we possibly make assumptions on what was or was not agreed to, let alone what was said. I'll even go a little further and say who on here is that far entrenched in the club that they can openly discuss on good authority the day to day running of the club. We operate on rumours and opinions, thats it, we get crap from the media that we thrive on and the odd snippet from the club, thats it. Flanno is our coach, how he got there is not up to me to decide if it was right or wrong. I'm happy when we win and sad when we lose, I come on here and vent my elation or frustration with fellow posters, I'll go through numerous scenarios with everyone of what went right or wrong, dust myself off and head into next week, thats it. As hard as it maybe to come to the realisation that I cant change or control what happens at the Dragons, all I have left is my discussion points on this forum with other Dragons diehards. For me to even put a moral stamp on how a player or coach gained their position, its ridiculous !!! Lets face it if the club wants to get a player or a coach or staff member of ill repute, then they will and there is nothing we can do about it, heres the choice, either continue to support the club regardless or stand by your ethics and move on, that is the only choice you have and will ever have when it comes down to the Dragons !!

Cracking post mate. I mean that.

Disclaimer

I give it a 9/10. I have deducted 1 point for not using a few paragraphs which made me read it thrice. ;) Apart from that, ... i say well done.
Onwards.

Last edited:

hook hook

Juniors
I don’t understand all the saifiti hype. Both brothers have fallen off a cliff in 2024. Neither of them are even in the top 2 props at Newcastle. Hence, being tapped on the shoulder.
The only way this is a good signing is if they chip in a lot. 600k is still overs

the only thing exciting is if flanno can get Daniel at peak form like he’s done with Sua and Lomax. If not it’s not going to be a happy outcome

TruSaint

Referee
I don’t understand all the saifiti hype. Both brothers have fallen off a cliff in 2024. Neither of them are even in the top 2 props at Newcastle. Hence, being tapped on the shoulder.
The only way this is a good signing is if they chip in a lot. 600k is still overs

the only thing exciting is if flanno can get Daniel at peak form like he’s done with Sua and Lomax. If not it’s not going to be a happy outcome

It's not hype, its just being realistic in my opinion.

We are not going to sign and " in form / in demand " prop. When we signed Michael Weyman, he was out of favor at the Raiders and ended up being a massive coup.

My point is, if Flanno thinks he can get Saifiti back at his best, then maybe it's worth the gamble.

justadragon

Bench
Cracking post mate. I mean that.

Disclaimer

I give it a 9/10. I have deducted 1 point for not using a few paragraphs which made me read it thrice. ;) Apart from that, ... i say well done.
Onwards.
Thanks mate appreciate it, I do however drift off into my own little world and just keep writing, My old English teacher always used to pick me up for the same thing :)

hook hook

Juniors

We are not going to sign and " in form / in demand " prop. When we signed Michael Weyman, he was out of favor at the Raiders and ended up being a massive coup.

My point is, if Flanno thinks he can get Saifiti back at his best, then maybe it's worth the gamble.
He also wasn’t a recent state of origin representative commanding a significant price tag.

I agree it might be worth the gamble, but it’s exactly that, a gamble. I just don’t think dragons fans should be overly optimistic that he’s going to be the big boppa to turn around our pack

randomdragon

Juniors
What beats me is (and this will be the last comment I make on this subject, I'm over it) how can anyone know what is discussed at contract meetings, Coaches/players /staff, I doubt very much anyone who signs a contract immediately goes to the media and publishes the content, so we dont know, and we dont know anything else either. How can we possibly make assumptions on what was or was not agreed to, let alone what was said. I'll even go a little further and say who on here is that far entrenched in the club that they can openly discuss on good authority the day to day running of the club. We operate on rumours and opinions, thats it, we get crap from the media that we thrive on and the odd snippet from the club, thats it. Flanno is our coach, how he got there is not up to me to decide if it was right or wrong. I'm happy when we win and sad when we lose, I come on here and vent my elation or frustration with fellow posters, I'll go through numerous scenarios with everyone of what went right or wrong, dust myself off and head into next week, thats it. As hard as it maybe to come to the realisation that I cant change or control what happens at the Dragons, all I have left is my discussion points on this forum with other Dragons diehards. For me to even put a moral stamp on how a player or coach gained their position, its ridiculous !!! Lets face it if the club wants to get a player or a coach or staff member of ill repute, then they will and there is nothing we can do about it, heres the choice, either continue to support the club regardless or stand by your ethics and move on, that is the only choice you have and will ever have when it comes down to the Dragons !!
Respectfully disagree. Player A goes into a meeting with club, Player A comes out and tells his mates about conversation, mates tell others and so on... there are plenty in here who know things that happen day to day in the club. The anonymity allows people to share whatever they're comfortable with without actually exposing where the info came from...

justadragon

Bench
Respectfully disagree. Player A goes into a meeting with club, Player A comes out and tells his mates about conversation, mates tell others and so on... there are plenty in here who know things that happen day to day in the club. The anonymity allows people to share whatever they're comfortable with without actually exposing where the info came from...
I agree with you randomdragon, but I go on the basis of what I see being posted on here about contracts and employment conditions for players and coaches etc. I am yet to see any confirmation of individuals personal employment data. But what I do see is wild arse guesses, assumptions , here say and sometimes complete BS. But I do get what you say and sometimes there might be a complete truth, but I think you will also agree with me that its very rare.

I think Justa is correct though I am sure we do get 2nd, 3rd and fourth hand information in good faith.

The interview process cannot possibly be relayed accurately, let alone remain anywhere near truth as information is interpreted, embellished and changed as passed from one to another. This process is known as Chinese whispers

Britannica Dictionary definition of CHINESE WHISPERS. [noncount] British. : a situation in which a piece of information is passed from one person to the next and is changed slightly each time it is told.

As a kid my Grandma used to chuckle as she told me the story of military orders in WW1 that were sent from command via a series of radio relays. What was sent
Send reinforcements. We are going to advance.
What was received on the front line
Send three and fourpence. We are going to a dance

So I don't place a lot of faith in hearsay, let alone whether it truly reflects the whole process accurately.

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
I think Justa is correct though I am sure we do get 2nd, 3rd and fourth hand information in good faith.

The interview process cannot possibly be relayed accurately, let alone remain anywhere near truth as information is interpreted, embellished and changed as passed from one to another. This process is known as Chinese whispers

Britannica Dictionary definition of CHINESE WHISPERS. [noncount] British. : a situation in which a piece of information is passed from one person to the next and is changed slightly each time it is told.

As a kid my Grandma used to chuckle as she told me the story of military orders in WW1 that were sent from command via a series of radio relays. What was sent
Send reinforcements. We are going to advance.
What was received on the front line
Send three and fourpence. We are going to a dance

So I don't place a lot of faith in the accuracy of hearsay, let alone whether it truly reflects the whole process accurately.
Totally agree HOD, i'll give you a couple of examples, 1. Why is Lomax leaving ? 2. Why did POS not come to the dragons ? Does anyone on here really know, but yet there are posts upon posts full of reasons for both questions. And hey this is what its all about its a discussion forum, but dont get upset when people dont agree, or have a different view or just think its crap.

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
would be nice if we could agitate a player higher-up-the-food-chain from these clubs with cap issues... RCG would be a good one.. bit older but I think perfect for us...

But I think realistically until players see us as a genuine Top8 side.. i think were gonna have to go for the lower hanging fruit.. which are still upgrades for us.. its just a little frustrating I guess.

True. Going top a new environment, and knowing he cannot just "phone it in" should at least get him motivated to perform, especially if he wants to continue being a professional rugby league player. Its quite possible that he became too complacent there in Newcastle. Flanagan strikes me as the kind who won't take complacency from his players.

Latest posts