What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Been saying the same for past two years.
There's no reason why it won't work.
He has the size and more than enough power.

He looks a little slow and uncoordinated on the wing, always has.

Rava is not very popular right now as you could say he single-handedly projected the Eels to victory on Saturday but it's not as if he hasn't been a contributor to our team for seasons now.

I'd rather him taking the hit ups here than some washed up forward who is lukewarm about joining us but will do it for the pay day.

SAP58

Juniors
Maloney to link back with Flanno when the dust or court settles as an attacking coach?.
The Cowboys certainly could attack. Just a thought
Has Ryan Carr been signed for 2025 ? I thought I read that he had ? We still need a Recruitment Manager as well there has been no further talk about that since we missed out on POS.

Dragon David

First Grade
Maloney to link back with Flanno when the dust or court settles as an attacking coach?.
The Cowboys certainly could attack. Just a thought
Even though he has been turfed by the Cowboys it is not because of his lack of talent and ability both as a player and now as an assistant coach, he was caught and charged with a drink driving offence before the Cowboys game against the Storm last weekend. The Cowboys sacked him immediately which makes me think that he might have had problems with this type of offence before and hence a clause in his contract that his services can be terminated if it happened.

I would like him to come to the Dragons for sure. A two time premiership winner and stacks of experience. He was a niggler on the field and knows how to win games.

I think he could be a very good consultant for us.

BLM01

First Grade
Even though he has been turfed by the Cowboys it is not because of his lack of talent and ability both as a player and now as an assistant coach, he was caught and charged with a drink driving offence before the Cowboys game against the Storm last weekend. The Cowboys sacked him immediately which makes me think that he might have had problems with this type of offence before and hence a clause in his contract that his services can be terminated if it happened.

I would like him to come to the Dragons for sure. A two time premiership winner and stacks of experience. He was a niggler on the field and knows how to win games.

I think he could be a very good consultant for us.
No. Does not have to be history but who knows but it was instant. There is a clause in all NRL contracts about criminal convictions. Went .08 which I think is classified now as mid range which is not a good look but also not the worst crime.
I dare say coaches would have higher expectations as some players? dont get the sack immediately.
But I seem to remember McKnucklehead went low range? whilst head coach for us but lasted...hmmm

BLM01

First Grade
Once the season finishes, it would be a much better time to re-look at the recruitment manager role, or a GM in general with perhaps Haran moving on.. Flanno has probably barely taken a breath in the last 7 months.
Haran has been moved out of some so called GM functions that is why you see him act like a message boy on the sideline.
But you are right we need a real professional GM or HOF if the club is willing to spend some dosh which I doubt.
Same goes for recruitment they would not of chased POS if we did not need one. Least that decision was heading in the right direction but we could not or did not want to lure him over the line which is a negative trait with our BOD / football department.

Last edited:

Latest posts