What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
This is absolutely the way to build your team. The new franchises are going to make it even harder to sign players from elsewhere. You will have to tolerate the losses so you can build for the future, it will be impossible to buy success with current player market and the new teams starting up.

People forget the five years leading to the current Panthers dynasty. It was two steps forward one step back as the young players were given game time, assisted by old heads like Soward, Maloney and Merrin. They lost plenty of games but improved as they got experience. We also wanted big signings and we never got them.

Once the team started to get consistent, the steady flow of juniors into the team continued. Some of it planned, some of it down to the salary cap. Just this year Henry, Geyer, McLean, Iongi, Toleau, Sommerton, Cole and Patea were all given decent time in first grade to give them experience. Some were excellent like Henry, McLean and Cole and some took time to settle in like Geyer and Toleau. I expect most of them will get even more time next year.

Patience is required and a bit of luck with injuries. You never know if the gun Flegg player can make the step up or if they let the fame go to their head and waste their talent. Sometimes their bodies just don't cope. Not everybody can be an NRL warrior.
"Patience is required" 100% this....

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Tbh I reckon it was a leak from the Hunt camp to gauge interest from other teams. Flanno is adamant Hunt isn't going to be released early unless we have a replacement. Sexton would be a starting point, he won't be at the dogs long term with Mitchell Woods coming through their system.

We'll eventually have to take a punt on someone, doubt we get an experienced half like a Fogarty. The smart play might be seeing who out of Sexton, Trindall or someone else continues their strong half play next season then push to recruit that player to replace Hunt.

Old Timer

Coach
All the shit talk from big Toady Gus trying to make the NRL relevant.

The Mole and every other shit journalist offering dumb arse articles which are purely click bait.

Last weekend 60,000 odd at the Swans V Port Adelaide game 96,000 odd at the Lions V Cats game and what did we get for our semi's lol.

The G F at the MCG will be bursting with 100,000 for 2 teams based interstate with a massive overflow at the Fitzroy and Bloods old home grounds.

And guess what they have draft system wake up Vlandy's and Abdo stop ruining our game.

Jubilee

Juniors
Tbh I reckon it was a leak from the Hunt camp to gauge interest from other teams. Flanno is adamant Hunt isn't going to be released early unless we have a replacement. Sexton would be a starting point, he won't be at the dogs long term with Mitchell Woods coming through their system.

We'll eventually have to take a punt on someone, doubt we get an experienced half like a Fogarty. The smart play might be seeing who out of Sexton, Trindall or someone else continues their strong half play next season then push to recruit that player to replace Hunt.
If we want to get a half for 2026, we have to contract that player now.

Draginzaaar

Bench
All the shit talk from big Toady Gus trying to make the NRL relevant.

The Mole and every other shit journalist offering dumb arse articles which are purely click bait.

Last weekend 60,000 odd at the Swans V Port Adelaide game 96,000 odd at the Lions V Cats game and what did we get for our semi's lol.

The G F at the MCG will be bursting with 100,000 for 2 teams based interstate with a massive overflow at the Fitzroy and Bloods old home grounds.

And guess what they have draft system wake up Vlandy's and Abdo stop ruining our game.
I couldn't give a rats how many people go to AFL games. It's a different culture and always has been.

RedVee

First Grade
After all the “i’m homesick for Qld” malarkey i’d be kinda pissed if he went to the dastardly dogs. I’d be even more pissed if they won a comp together.

With Gus and the dogs I think rule no 1 is reject out of hand whoever he offers up as a swap deal. At the first round of talks anyway.

After all the “i’m homesick for Qld” malarkey i’d be kinda pissed if he went to the dastardly dogs. I’d be even more pissed if they won a comp together.

With Gus and the dogs I think rule no 1 is reject out of hand whoever he offers up as a swap deal. At the first round of talks anyway.
I think this is another case of not much happening in the news cycle, so drudge up an old favourite, and run another story on Ben Hunt.
Regardless of all the talk, that again seems to be baseless of him leaving the Dragons, I believe he will be with us until his contract expires in 2025.
What did it for me was one part of a story from a Herald journalist saying words along the lines of "would not be surprised if the Bulldogs made an approach to Hunt"
Same as Hooper, "I think Flanagan will make an offer to Gutho"
Off the back of these stories, the rumour mill goes into overdrive.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I think this is another case of not much happening in the news cycle, so drudge up an old favourite, and run another story on Ben Hunt.
Regardless of all the talk, that again seems to be baseless of him leaving the Dragons, I believe he will be with us until his contract expires in 2025.
What did it for me was one part of a story from a Herald journalist saying words along the lines of "would not be surprised if the Bulldogs made an approach to Hunt"
Same as Hooper, "I think Flanagan will make an offer to Gutho"
Off the back of these stories, the rumour mill goes into overdrive.
Yep. It's a load of journalistic sh*te. I imagine the conversation went something like this:

JOURNO : "Would you like Ben Hunt in your side?"
TEAM X COACH : "Sure, but we can't afford him and his best days are behind him. Would rather support our up and coming juniors."
HEADLINE: "TEAM X CONFIRMS INTEREST IN BEN HUNT!"

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I love how when i suits the Dogs Addo-Carr is on 550k as we have been hearing all year so he is only chewing 550k off their cap. Now that they want him off their books he is on 850k so they can now get 850k off their cap. Last night on NRL360 Braith said he was on 850k. Nice and convenient amount to be able to afford Ben.

I hope Hunt does go to the Dogs as they will then go backwards.

Latest posts