What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
Back on thread.
Who are the 3 rumoured NRL high profile clubs that could be in a lot of bother re current salary cap investigations over the past 3 yrs including police involvement that may have to be exposed within the next week or so
I have heard the movie JAWS is one of them and a recent premiership in jeopardy not out of realms of possibility.
Then again NRL.......nothing to see here
Reminds me of the "darkest day ever in sport' and the "Andrew Gee resigns and flees on an extended holiday out of the country" annoucements

Just imagine....for a split second i thought the Dragons might be one of them :)...then Doust our squad etc..nah not possible!.

Gareth67

First Grade
Back on thread.
Who are the 3 rumoured NRL high profile clubs that could be in a lot of bother re current salary cap investigations over the past 3 yrs including police involvement that may have to be exposed within the next week or so
I have heard the movie JAWS is one of them and a recent premiership in jeopardy not out of realms of possibility.
Then again NRL.......nothing to see here
Reminds me of the "darkest day ever in sport' and the "Andrew Gee resigns and flees on an extended holiday out of the country" annoucements

Just imagine....for a split second i thought the Dragons might be one of them :)...then Doust our squad etc..nah not possible!.

I think your right BLMO1 , there’s no worries there , as he spent a hell of a lot on the Crown Lagers .

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Maybe its just me but l'm starting to see some red flags appear and l'm not talking about the Dragons flags.

I was just reading how Jubilee Oval contract is up for renewal next season and my suspicious mind starts to think that with the way things are trending towards Illawarra way of late, could it be that our marvelous new owners may be looking to flip Jubilee Oval and play all our home games at Wollongong.

They may trot out the likes that Jubilee has become non costs effective, blah, blah, blah.....
Hence the reason the ground was offered up for only one year regarding naming rights etc for peanuts.

When all is said and done, I use to be very at ease with having joined with Illawarra to form the merge but with various things done over the past 12 months, combined with the expected re-signing of McGregor, less St George members on the board, etc. l've become highly suspicious and skeptical of the Illawara component of the board. Everything seems to be heading south in more than one way.

Am l over reacting ?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Maybe its just me but l'm starting to see some red flags appear and l'm not talking about the Dragons flags.

I was just reading how Jubilee Oval contract is up for renewal next season and my suspicious mind starts to think that with the way things are trending towards Illawarra way of late, could it be that our marvelous new owners may be looking to flip Jubilee Oval and play all our home games at Wollongong.

They may trot out the likes that Jubilee has become non costs effective, blah, blah, blah.....
Hence the reason the ground was offered up for only one year regarding naming rights etc for peanuts.

When all is said and done, I use to be very at ease with having joined with Illawarra to form the merge but with various things done over the past 12 months, combined with the expected re-signing of McGregor, less St George members on the board, etc. l've become highly suspicious and skeptical of the Illawara component of the board. Everything seems to be heading south in more than one way.

Am l over reacting ?

One thing you did to consider is that the only Illawarra component of the Board is an individual who doesn’t have any voting rights. Other than that, your observations are pretty much spot on; although the club did NOT merge.

Dragonsamy

Bench

Am l over reacting ?

OKB
It's because of the soccer and a over use during the of season.
If they don't fix it soon we want be playing our first game at Kogarah against the bunnies.
The council f it up there had been to much traffic on it. With both Sydney fc boys and girls playing on it as well as the Aussie girls.
We can't even train at the ground.
Hope they get there act together soon.
All the best mate
Samy

denis preston

First Grade
That's still bugger all traffic and i think the groundsmen explained very well that the seasonal turnover of grass types went a bit pear shape due to the heat wave in January. Also the soccer want the grass cut lower which doesn't suit NRL. The positive about the Soccer useage is he ground doesn't become a white elephant.

Dragonsamy

Bench
That's still bugger all traffic and i think the groundsmen explained very well that the seasonal turnover of grass types went a bit pear shape due to the heat wave in January. Also the soccer want the grass cut lower which doesn't suit NRL. The positive about the Soccer useage is he ground doesn't become a white elephant.

Agree it good that it's being used.
But even the even the Matilda's game had been changed to Leichhardt Oval

Brutalitops

Juniors
It's not in poor condition due to soccer. Allianz and Newcastle stadiums always host regular A-League games over the off season and never had this problem. The Knights stadium has a fantastic playing surface in fact.

The council dropped the ball here

Dragonsamy

Bench
It's not in poor condition due to soccer. Allianz and Newcastle stadiums always host regular A-League games over the off season and never had this problem. The Knights stadium has a fantastic playing surface in fact.

The council dropped the ball here

Agree the council are mostly to blame .
As I said they need to get there act together

J.moz

Juniors
Conspiracy tthe new half owners are pushing for more games to win stadium. Plans are for next season Kogarah council have removed the st george Illawarra emblem at the back of stadium for all soccer games . The spiritual home of the mighty saints should be a major priority to our Sydney club in the clubs future moving forward. Sharks are on thin ice to survive next season no sponsorship and the club a sinking ship has been for the last decade. Nrl needs to announce that the football club is a disgrace and needs to relocate or see you later as did north Sydney.