What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Crush

Coach
Rumour floating around that Nathan Brown is set to join Trent Barrett, Dean Young and Ben Hornby as assistant coaches to McGregor.
McGregor reportedly looking for a full team of 13 ex players to join him as assistant coaches. Rod Wishart, Shaun Timmins and Anthony Mundine rumoured to be on his wish list.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Rumour floating around that Nathan Brown is set to join Trent Barrett, Dean Young and Ben Hornby as assistant coaches to McGregor.
McGregor reportedly looking for a full team of 13 ex players to join him as assistant coaches. Rod Wishart, Shaun Timmins and Anthony Mundine rumoured to be on his wish list.

You can't have enough water boys!
I still say we need a Assistant coach for each and every player, even our bench.

They may want 'take away' during the game or an assistant to pluck the splinters out.

LINESPEED

Juniors

Yep heard that too from a reliable source

Choc’s also going to teach Waterboy the alphabet as he’s having real trouble with the Z’s
and X’s on the teamsheet. The A’s are fine although getting past D is an issue. His apprentice reads the paint tins apparently

Said refining the art of bullshit & mantalk is next

Deano done good with the elocution last year but Shaun reckons Waterboy’ll really step up this year now that Brian has his back & is now paying for his TAFE course in pet husbandry

BBTB

Juniors
This weekend I am sure once the De Belin case is done Saints will have Merrin or Ese Ese signed up if he loses his case. Looks like he won't lose the case though. If De Belin wins his case I hope the Greenburg and Beattie are sacked for their poor management of this situation. They make the NRL look so amateurish.
It's definitely amateur hour
at the NRL....
Think the 16 clubs have no choice. Clean out these imposters. Commission, & NRL CEO. Start again.

redVinme

Bench
Been brewing for a few weeks but mole has finally dropped an article saying Curtis scott is on the outer at Melbourne. Sighting some concerns. But a scott/Lomax centre pairing would really lift our stocks imo

Brutalitops

Juniors
Been brewing for a few weeks but mole has finally dropped an article saying Curtis scott is on the outer at Melbourne. Sighting some concerns. But a scott/Lomax centre pairing would really lift our stocks imo
Wouldn't say no necessarily. But Lafai has been consistently good this year. Just keep him away from GK!

Crush

Coach
Would you reconsider if JDB loses his appeal?
No. He's a decent rotation prop but isn't amazing. I think we are OK for depth in the forwards. Give some of the young blokes a crack during origin. Lets face it, with the injuries we have and JDB it isn't a premiership year anyway so why not see what these kids can do playing longer minutes.

I am way more concerned with our backline. I had lunch with a Raiders fan mate yesterday and he was dumbfounded at how we could have such a weak backline given our strong forwards and halves.
I mean seriously take a look at our backline.

SBD82

Coach
No. He's a decent rotation prop but isn't amazing. I think we are OK for depth in the forwards. Give some of the young blokes a crack during origin. Lets face it, with the injuries we have and JDB it isn't a premiership year anyway so why not see what these kids can do playing longer minutes.

I am way more concerned with our backline. I had lunch with a Raiders fan mate yesterday and he was dumbfounded at how we could have such a weak backline given our strong forwards and halves.
I mean seriously take a look at our backline.
Fair enough. I’d still like to have him back, but I think you have a valid point.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Must admit LAM was one of my favourite players. However, he's approaching 30yrs old, I don't see him as starting prop and his form for the Warriors hasn't been overly good (lol I bet he plays a blinder today now I said that).

We replaced him with K.Sims in our roster, and that how t should stay. Korbin is 27 with some good years ahead of him and our 2 young props Kerr and Timm are 23 (or turning 23).

We have more opportunity in our young players than re-signing LAM.

Gareth67

First Grade
I give him another couple of seasons , the man had a fabulous year in ‘ 18 . And let’s face facts we need someone who is a willing worker and a 80 minuet player , he fits the bill perfectly.