What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
With respect to Shaun Fensom he shall be 31 this year . Now I don’t know too much about the chap , however at that age he is certainly no spring chicken , I just hope that he also “ enjoys breaking players in two “ as does JDBelin .

There has been a gap as wide as Sydney Heads up our middle of late and whomever they sign had better be someone whom can help close it , otherwise he may very well be yet another addition to our lower grade ranks .

Why they don’t bite the bullet and promote Kerr is beyond me , as I believe that in the long run they would get far better value from him , more so if we continue to lose our matches . Put Kerr in now for the remainder of the season and allow him to gain experience. By so doing , next season we will have ourselves a very good prop forward .

Overseas dragon

Juniors
With respect to Shaun Fensom he shall be 31 this year . Now I don’t know too much about the chap , however at that age he is certainly no spring chicken , I just hope that he also “ enjoys breaking players in two “ as does JDBelin .

There has been a gap as wide as Sydney Heads up our middle of late and whomever they sign had better be someone whom can help close it , otherwise he may very well be yet another addition to our lower grade ranks .

Why they don’t bite the bullet and promote Kerr is beyond me , as I believe that in the long run they would get far better value from him , more so if we continue to lose our matches . Put Kerr in now for the remainder of the season and allow him to gain experience. By so doing , next season we will have ourselves a very good prop forward .
yes its strange how Kerr was good enough to get picked in the indiginous side and score a try .but our coach rates him canterbury cup grade .different opinions i guess perhaps the fact that mary doesnt watch the lower grades has something to do with it ......

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Gareth67,
You know you are making too much sense for the club to act on such merit.
At least you have the knowledge that your observation is appreciated by the fans.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
yes its strange how Kerr was good enough to get picked in the indiginous side and score a try .but our coach rates him canterbury cup grade .different opinions i guess perhaps the fact that mary doesnt watch the lower grades has something to do with it ......
To be fair, he only got picked due to a shortage of props who are of indiginous background, BUT, he deserves a good run of games, he has played 2 games and dropped the following week for whatever reason...

Old Timer

Coach

If we ain't going to win the comp and are about to sign a player you surely would have to ask yourself can the player I sign make the difference.
In the case of SF the answer is categorically no so why bother?
Far better top spend the time sorting out the younger players and working out who is a keeper and who to let go, thus knowing what exactly you need to buy and then setting out to do that.
We have no idea re the JDB situation so you would have to think you would be looking for someone to be available for 2 years so that again rules out buying 31 year olds.
Lots of people heralded the arrival of Graham and said how good that would be for 3 years and how we would be even more formidable, well guess what that hasn't worked out so great and he is an international.

Reactions: Btk

Gareth67

First Grade
If we ain't going to win the comp and are about to sign a player you surely would have to ask yourself can the player I sign make the difference.
In the case of SF the answer is categorically no so why bother?
Far better top spend the time sorting out the younger players and working out who is a keeper and who to let go, thus knowing what exactly you need to buy and then setting out to do that.
We have no idea re the JDB situation so you would have to think you would be looking for someone to be available for 2 years so that again rules out buying 31 year olds.
Lots of people heralded the arrival of Graham and said how good that would be for 3 years and how we would be even more formidable, well guess what that hasn't worked out so great and he is an international.

Just so O.T. - a waste of good dollars signing a player who is at best another Allgood .
But I must disagree about Graham , as the Dragons definitely got their value out of him in the first year and also for most of last season . The mere fact of how he lifted the team each week by his determined running and having a sharp word to those he thought were being slack received my vote as a damn good buy .

Graham’s self regime of going into a game at full bore and for the entire 80 minutes is what has finally put pay to what was an inspirational career. That plus the well publicized head knocks that seem to inflict most Pommy forwards . Of course one could also add the maestros inability to rest his big minute players did not help matters either as far as Graham was concerned.

Unfortunately I believe it was wishful thinking by the joint venture to truly believe that James Graham under those circumstances would see out 3 seasons . I just hope that the man does not finish up with any long term concussion issues.

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth67,
You know you are making too much sense for the club to act on such merit.
At least you have the knowledge that your observation is appreciated by the fans.

i may apply for a job next time there is a vacancy on the board . I should get in if I wear my old Denistone rugby league jersey - almost the same as the original Saints .

Heard this one on 2MMM on The Rush Hour, but they had a rumour doing the rounds that Phil Gould is in talks to take up a job with the St-George-Illawarra Dragons. The person who reported it known as The Winemaker (who is a new contributor to the show) who said this is likely to happen before the end of the year.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Heard this one on 2MMM on The Rush Hour, but they had a rumour doing the rounds that Phil Gould is in talks to take up a job with the St-George-Illawarra Dragons. The person who reported it known as The Winemaker (who is a new contributor to the show) who said this is likely to happen before the end of the year.
Seems to have been reported on the other thread "Team list Tuesday" earlier in the week. We can only hope this rumour has some merit as I see it as a positive! Gus knows his shit and it maybe a way forward from outside on the "Gus Bus" ISO inside the gravy train.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Winemaker.......p..s taker?

Bench

I heard that also, not a fan of Gould by any means but would welcome him to come in and be able to make changes from the top to the bottom of the club.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

I think the Winemaker has been sampling too much of the cooking sherry BUT if its true, there will be some major butt kicking happening.

I hope he's brought in to give McGregor some direction ......................... right out the door!

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade

Well Captain Apollo , I don’t know if you are one of those Avenger fellows but if the human football Mr. Gus Gould is coming to the Dragons then I would welcome him with open arms for the same reason that the majority of my brethren have already expressed - to kick butt big time !

Last edited:

denis preston

First Grade
He does know how to get rid of coaches.
Let their be a Footy God.

The spiel would be to support the club in all facets coaching being only one of these.The reality is in trying to help Mary he will find out how inept he is and bone him. Would be great if this was true and in some ways this is our only chance ! Wollongong would be much closer to home for him than Penrith was.

Latest posts