What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

denis preston

First Grade
Hope your right Dennis it would be a shame to lose him. He loves playing for the dragons

DS , guys like Host, Lawrie,Lulia etc are all St George Illawarra juniors and grew up supporting the club and are living breathing examples to showing the fans that the "pathways program " that Millward keeps talking about is not total bullshit. So Mcgregor doesn't watch them play in CC but relies on a unproven coach who was a back not a forward to give him the heads up on which forwards deserve NRL promotion.

The more you drill down into this club the scarier it gets.

qld redvee

Juniors
scary thing is how do we replace these players with higher quality ( or plodders that supercoach loves ) surely the marantas allgood and nichols will simply move on as not required BUT how do we move some of our contracted players that are 'surplus " even though they were part of the best squad ever not even 12 months ago . Guys like Pearson should go but if there is little or no interest we cant just pay him out .. And if Lomax is now deemed our fullback of choice then surely he gets to wear the 1 jersey from here on in... and let norman earn his money as utility maybe . Worry for me if Lomax is fullback HOW do we break up the centres of unexcellence for 2020 ?????????????

18to87

First Grade
I don't mind them passing on Host. He's been given a chance and showed glimpses.

The problem is who is coming through other than Ford? Timm looks to be on the out. McGregor and Milward must have a long list of journeymen they have identified to fill the bench and again stunt development from the junior ranks. I'd prefer Host over the next Latimore and Kaufusi.

Dragon David

First Grade
What a crazy mess this club is in. Mismanaged in all areas from Management, Coaching, Hiring and Firing, Fitness and High Performance, Junior Pathways and the list goes on. I've never seen so much negativity on this forum in one year. This of course includes my herewith post.

Besides the obvious , which is having McGregor as coach, the DeBelin fiasco and unfortunate early injuries to some key players to me, they made this year what it is now. We also signed Norman to take Widdop's place for next year and considering how we finished last year, with the exception of DeBelin after being stood down, we should have stuck with the same team that played against Souths and tinkered with some adjustments for improvement and not with Norman starting in the initial rounds. Of course as it turned out Widdop got injured and Norman remained in the team and win us a couple of games with his field goals.

Unless we learn from the mistakes we have made this year and we get someone of the ilk of DeBelin to take his place together with several potent players in the positions we currently lack in, we will be shot ducks from round 1 to the end of 2020.

getsmarty

Immortal
What a crazy mess this club is in. Mismanaged in all areas from Management, Coaching, Hiring and Firing, Fitness and High Performance, Junior Pathways and the list goes on. I've never seen so much negativity on this forum in one year. This of course includes my herewith post.

Besides the obvious , which is having McGregor as coach, the DeBelin fiasco and unfortunate early injuries to some key players to me, they made this year what it is now. We also signed Norman to take Widdop's place for next year and considering how we finished last year, with the exception of DeBelin after being stood down, we should have stuck with the same team that played against Souths and tinkered with some adjustments for improvement and not with Norman starting in the initial rounds. Of course as it turned out Widdop got injured and Norman remained in the team and win us a couple of games with his field goals.

Unless we learn from the mistakes we have made this year and we get someone of the ilk of DeBelin to take his place together with several potent players in the positions we currently lack in, we will be shot ducks from round 1 to the end of 2020.

With all due respect, we haven't learnt from all the mistakes made since Bennett left. That's 8 years and counting...FACT.