What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Como Connection

First Grade
The thing with Bateman is he looked so good last year because he was playing in a great team full of belief. Well coached, well balanced and playing for each other with hunger throughout the whole playing group.
You put him in the Red V right now and he'd look like dogshit. He'd try hard for a few weeks but then just give up and go through the motions like the other 12 blokes on the field.
He stays with Raiders he could win a comp or two and be one of the best in the NRL.
Bronson Harrison.
CC

BLM01

First Grade
The thing with Bateman is he looked so good last year because he was playing in a great team full of belief. Well coached, well balanced and playing for each other with hunger throughout the whole playing group.
You put him in the Red V right now and he'd look like dogshit. He'd try hard for a few weeks but then just give up and go through the motions like the other 12 blokes on the field.
He stays with Raiders he could win a comp or two and be one of the best in the NRL.

Yes correct and here in lies the problem under our current coach for our recruitment that many blame Millward for.
How do we as a club under McCareerStaller convince any player manager and his client of quality that we as supporters are crying out for to lure at just market value. (i.e. same price as a now successful club in canberra have paying Bateman at 580K)..impossible and wont happen.
We have to pay overs.to improve our squad.or even retain our best...and as soon as we do or let someone go becuase we cant pay to keep them....Millward is criticised for it.

We cant have it both ways. Pay overs for a few elite and then the remainder of the squad has to be filled by players of low value becuase of the cap.It is the boards fault for keeping Mary so long with little attraction for nobody at market value.

Under McGregor we will never have the right balance. The successful clubs (handful only) in this era have the successful coaches and teams and good balance without paying overs (under cap or other ways ;)), players and player managers want their clients to be a part of, which inturn potentially increase their market value and player manager income because of bonuses to make rep and finals etc.

Hence what has happended to Batemen. His manager knows a weaker club will likely pay overs to secure him.
If he plays dogshit as you call it it is usually due to the team and coach of that weaker club..not himself

Solution...it is over to the boardroom to make the necessary changes and start scanning and trying for the next hidden talent coach out there that needs the lucky break and turnover quickly the ones that cant hack it..or alternatively pay massive money for the successful ones as their are not that many to spread around.
Mary should of been ditched post 2016.(like Price was after 2.5 years).we possibly should of been up to trying our 4th coach by now since Benny...but that is the only way forward until you snag a gold nugget....than hang on to it..like Melb & Roosters have and Brisbane did.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Bronson Harrison.
CC
Poor comparison CC
Bronson never played in a successful Canberra side but did at the Tigers
We had Albert and Doust running our recruitment and were dumb enough to pay overs for someone with no worth who had plateaued and was falling....thinking we can wind back the clock for them...somehow

I will go into bat for Millward re Paul Vaughan..astute purchase at the right time for right money. he needed a place to shine and increase his MV..we have done that 2 fold..we paid overs at the time for a perceived reserve grader.
We got our moneys worth there..his value has increased siince being at our club

Last edited:

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Yes correct and here in lies the problem under our current coach for our recruitment that many blame Millward for.
How do we as a club under McCareerStaller convince any player manager and his client of quality that we as supporters are crying out for to lure at just market value. (i.e. same price as a now successful club in canberra have paying Bateman at 580K)..impossible and wont happen.
We have to pay overs.to improve our squad.or even retain our best...and as soon as we do or let someone go becuase we cant pay to keep them....Millward is criticised for it.

We cant have it both ways. Pay overs for a few elite and then the remainder of the squad has to be filled by players of low value becuase of the cap.It is the boards fault for keeping Mary so long with little attraction for nobody at market value.

Under McGregor we will never have the right balance. The successful clubs (handful only) in this era have the successful coaches and teams and good balance without paying overs (under cap or other ways ;)), players and player managers want their clients to be a part of, which inturn potentially increase their market value and player manager income because of bonuses to make rep and finals etc.

Hence what has happended to Batemen. His manager knows a weaker club will likely pay overs to secure him.
If he plays dogshit as you call it it is usually due to the team and coach of that weaker club..not himself

Solution...it is over to the boardroom to make the necessary changes and start scanning and trying for the next hidden talent coach out there that needs the lucky break and turnover quickly the ones that cant hack it..or alternatively pay massive money for the successful ones as their are not that many to spread around.
Mary should of been ditched post 2016.(like Price was after 2.5 years).we possibly should of been up to trying our 4th coach by know since Benny...but that is the only way forward until you snag a gold nugget....than hang on to it..like Melb & Roosters have and Brisbane did.
All these highly paid officials at our club and not one of them has got a clue how to run a professional organization. Either that or they're happy to stick their snouts in the trough and they have no shame doing it . I hope the 15 thousand members left soon send them the message that it's not good enough, like the rest of us already have

BLM01

First Grade
All these highly paid officials at our club and not one of them has got a clue how to run a professional organization. Either that or they're happy to stick their snouts in the trough and they have no shame doing it . I hope the 15 thousand members left soon send them the message that it's not good enough, like the rest of us already have
We would if we could vote the normal way and were invited to annual board meetings to vote.
But even members having their say is a closed shop in a convulated way which I am not entirely across where the board never get voted off. unless you have been part of the leagues Club board / membership for a number of years or something similar...which Doust now is Chairman of. (ST George Leagues anyway)
Someone on this forum may know the exact process before you can (if you ever can) get to vote on the football club board...which i am sure at present they are untouchable and protected by the Leagues clubs boards.
Vicious circle and we have no hope under current regime to vote...except with our feet and hard earned.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
We would if we could vote the normal way and were invited to annual board meetings to vote.
But even members having their say is a closed shop in a convulated way which I am not entirely across where the board never get voted off. unless you have been part of the leagues Club board / membership for a number of years or something similar...which Doust now is Chairman of. (ST George Leagues anyway)
Someone on this forum may know the exact process before you can (if you ever can) get to vote on the football club board...which i am sure at present they are untouchable and protected by the Leagues clubs boards.
Vicious circle and we have no hope under current regime to vote...except with our feet and hard earned.
Sorry I should have stated red V members

Bench
I think that if we pay overs for a player then that will result in less money for our rising stars which will result in our rising stars getting offers from other clubs that we can’t match.
Our future should be in keeping our juniors, players like Norman, Hunt and Graham take up a chunk from our cap which would keep the younger players at the club.

RedVee

First Grade
I think that if we pay overs for a player then that will result in less money for our rising stars which will result in our rising stars getting offers from other clubs that we can’t match.
Our future should be in keeping our juniors, players like Norman, Hunt and Graham take up a chunk from our cap which would keep the younger players at the club.
Yeah, but you need to salt the collection of juniors with some quality experienced guys. It’s getting the right ones and the right balance that is the trick.

redv13

Bench
Dogs
Cronulla
GC
Easts
Canberra
Manly
That’s up to round 9. 1 maybe 2 wins under this walking foreskin. Surely 1-8 or 2-7 and it’s snip snip time??

Qapm

Juniors
Dogs
Cronulla
GC
Easts
Canberra
Manly

That’s up to round 9. 1 maybe 2 wins under this walking foreskin. Surely 1-8 or 2-7 and it’s snip snip time??

Maybe 1 or 2 wins but think it is time for another look into Qapm's crystal ball.

Dogs - too much fight in the Dogs. Manly did them in but they were a team with heart and actually scored.
Cronulla - too good for the Saints, despite their troubles.
GC - mostly likely Saints win and will allow for another 2 year contract extension. Also, they let us down last year. Think the last two Saints wins in about 15 or 20 games were with this lot.
Easts - no comment needed.
Canberra - no comment needed.
Manly - no comment needed.

I'm going to put it all on the line and say for the next 6 games, we get THE FULL McGREGOR. zero, that is naught, nothing, no wins. Not even against the Titans.

Off topic. I'm getting pissed off reading in the press how the Dragons fans are starting to fume and revolt. Where were the walking foreskin's in the press last season?

dungay dragon

Juniors
Maybe 1 or 2 wins but think it is time for another look into Qapm's crystal ball.

Dogs - too much fight in the Dogs. Manly did them in but they were a team with heart and actually scored.
Cronulla - too good for the Saints, despite their troubles.
GC - mostly likely Saints win and will allow for another 2 year contract extension. Also, they let us down last year. Think the last two Saints wins in about 15 or 20 games were with this lot.
Easts - no comment needed.
Canberra - no comment needed.
Manly - no comment needed.

I'm going to put it all on the line and say for the next 6 games, we get THE FULL McGREGOR. zero, that is naught, nothing, no wins. Not even against the Titans.

Off topic. I'm getting pissed off reading in the press how the Dragons fans are starting to fume and revolt. Where were the walking foreskin's in the press last season?
We now boast the record of TWO WINS from our last 16 games......
Why wait till June 16
Get the Guillotine ready now ......

Old Timer

Coach
Rumour has it that the Federal Government had purchased 15,000 Covid 19 ventilators they had made specifically for St GI supporters.

It was highly anticipated that St GI supporters were going to break all self distancing rules this week as they partied long & hard at the announcement that career coach Paul "Mary" Mc Gregor had been dumped due to being a complete and unmitigated disaster having condemned the fans and players to 7 years of agony & torture.

It is believed that late this afternoon the Government received a call from Bruce Gordon and as a result of that call they have returned the ventilators and are seeking a full credit.

It is thought that these funds might be now be used in purchasing additional riot PPE and providing extra police in and around the Kogarah precincts.

Rumour has it that the Federal Government had purchased 15,000 Covid 19 ventilators they had made specifically for St GI supporters.

It was highly anticipated that St GI supporters were going to break all self distancing rules this week as they partied long & hard at the announcement that career coach Paul "Mary" Mc Gregor had been dumped due to being a complete and unmitigated disaster having condemned the fans and players to 7 years of agony & torture.

It is believed that late this afternoon the Government received a call from Bruce Gordon and as a result of that call they have returned the ventilators and are seeking a full credit.

It is thought that these funds might be now be used in purchasing additional riot PPE and providing extra police in and around the Kogarah precincts.
source? lol hey old mate

BLM01

First Grade
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/dr...hink-2m-three-year-offer-20200602-p54ynu.html

This guy needs discipline. I dont think he will go well under Mary and our current structures. I certainly wouldnt want us paying overs for him.
Well you have no problem about that. the article says he is staying at Manly
Another kick in the guts to our BOD..players dont like the win / loss ratio and the culture
It cant get any worse than from an outsiders look in.
I spoke to a Titans supporter who said to me he even feels sorry for us ATM..now that is saying something.
We have wound back to around 2013/2014 when we were the laughing stock and our forwards were told how soft they were.

SaintPauli

Juniors
That backs up what Rothfield’s said some time ago re Bennett

... and Bennett’s good relationship with Deano would rescue him from years of stagnation
....under the 2nd worst coach in history

Bennett would want the Waterboy flicked ASAP so the foundations for renewal can begin.

Sack McFail now Albert
.... for your son’s sake in 2020
It actually adds up!
Wayne wants to come back.
Talks to Craig Young whose son
is a coach assistant in first grade.
Wayne Bennet has also said on record he has a high regard with Dean Young as a future coach.

Once again the Young effect has a bearing influence on this club.

BLM01

First Grade
It actually adds up!
Wayne wants to come back.
Talks to Craig Young whose son
is a coach assistant in first grade.
Wayne Bennet has also said on record he has a high regard with Dean Young as a future coach.

Once again the Young effect has a bearing influence on this club.
Problem is Bennett also endorsed Steve Price as his successor at the Dragons
Endorsing and reality...miles apart