What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
I think that both O.T. and Dragonslayer are on the right path , but not quiet all the way .

The marked improvement in players such as Duffy - Lomax - Ravalawa and Clune is certainly not a McGregor trait , no way , someone else has sparked them into life and it could only be Flanagan.

I believe that he is showing just what could be , if it was he whom was controlling the reins - give the hierarchy something to think about . That is should they ever drink a bottle of Johnnie Walkers Black Label and grow a set then actually sack the beggar .

Last edited:

BIG RIG

Juniors
I’ve heard a few rumours over the last couple of days - interesting to hear ur opinions/belief if these rumours are true

- Euan Aitken will not be re-signed in 2021
- Both Korbin and Tariq Sims are pushing to leave the club at the end of the year
- Tristan Sailor has told club officials he has no desire to stay at the club in 2021 despite them offering him a 2 yr deal
- Jason Saab will be leaving the club to join the Wests Tigers
- Corey Norman looks like he may be dropped not only for this week but potentially for the remainder of the year
- BIG RUMOURS - ( Don’t know if completely true )
- Cam McInnes and Paul Vaughan potentially looking at leaving sooner rather than later

The club is in a shambles

redVinme

Juniors
I’ve heard a few rumours over the last couple of days - interesting to hear ur opinions/belief if these rumours are true

- Both Korbin and Tariq Sims are pushing to leave the club at the end of the year
- Tristan Sailor has told club officials he has no desire to stay at the club in 2021 despite them offering him a 2 yr deal
- Corey Norman looks like he may be dropped not only for this week but potentially for the remainder of the year
- Cam McInnes and Paul Vaughan potentially looking at leaving sooner rather than later

I am happy with all points other than the last one.

If I'm picking between bud and Sailor it's bud all day for mine.

We are gonna have half a team soon though and no one wants to sign/ bad year for a rebuild due to lack of talent off contract.

BIG RIG

Juniors
I am happy with all points other than the last one.

If I'm picking between bud and Sailor it's bud all day for mine.

We are gonna have half a team soon though and no one wants to sign/ bad year for a rebuild due to lack of talent off contract.

Yeah I pray that McInnes and Vaughan don’t leave - and I am extremely keen to see Bud play halves this week

getsmarty

Immortal

One of the names you mentioned is a player I alluded to midway through last year...

Dragon David

First Grade

If these rumours are known by the hierarchy of the Dragons, then I'd say there will be another board meeting in a few weeks time to see wtf is going on and what action should be taken. What Big Rig said "the club is in a shambles" if these rumours are correct.

Gareth67

First Grade
I just hope that Uncle Bruce makes his damn mind up quick , as we are all sick to death of constantly criticizing just about every aspect of the J.V.

Now whether that be the coach , players , recruitment or those who make the decisions in the corridors of power .

Those that do make those decisions also have a obligation to ensure that no stone is left unturned in the pursuit of success .

They and they alone must answer one question - “ Are we to be a successful team or one that is merely living on the echoes of the past ? “

redv13

Bench
I just hope that Uncle Bruce makes his damn mind up quick , as we are all sick to death of constantly criticizing just about every aspect of the J.V.

Now whether that be the coach , players , recruitment or those who make the decisions in the corridors of power .

Those that do make those decisions also have a obligation to ensure that no stone is left unturned in the pursuit of success .

They and they alone must answer one question - “ Are we to be a successful team or one that is merely living on the echoes of the past ? “
Uncle Bruce made his decision. Mcflop stays and that’s that. Nothing’s changing anytime soon but I’d be more than happy to get that one wrong

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

If Aitken isn't to be re-signed, hopefully one of the Feagai brothers will be able to step into the left centre position as I don't believe Williame is up to it. I would be keeping Aitken to develop as a power back rower. Less decision making required there than in the centres. Sounds like we might need him if the Sims boys go.

Our forward deficiencies were well and truly exposed by the big Sharks forwards twp weeks ago. We have the lightweight, high workrate backrowers in McInnes and Ford. We now need to find Hamlin Uele, Hunt or Rudolph size players to launch at tiring defences near the line with the advantage of six again calls.

To raise funds for these players, I would be ruthless and shop around Host, Lawrie, Fuimaono and Merrin who lack size and impact and, in the case of Fui, drop too much ball as well.

Gareth67

First Grade
Uncle Bruce made his decision. Mcflop stays and that’s that. Nothing’s changing anytime soon but I’d be more than happy to get that one wrong

Unfortunately I believe that you are correct , the money for his final year he certainly will not payout , Gordon’s will want him there . We can only hope for something drastic to occur for the Gordon’s to change their minds .

Coffs dragon

Bench

One down (Saab) 5 to go!

Hopefully the McInnes & Vaughan rumour is stopped with a new coach in 2021 or we’ll be stuffed!

Blood&Bandage

Juniors

And McGregor is still here.

denis preston

First Grade

If the Tristan Sailor reports are true well why doesn't the club report it to take heat off his non selection/ limited minutes.If this is true i wouldn't be playing him at all.

denis preston

First Grade
Unfortunately I believe that you are correct , the money for his final year he certainly will not payout , Gordon’s will want him there . We can only hope for something drastic to occur for the Gordon’s to change their minds .[/QUOTE

AND that would only be to just about lose every game from here on ! Even our board couldn't hide away from that and not be seen to be proactive ( ha!!! ) .Until they see that it is either them getting exposed personally or the coach then i know who always wins that battle in clubland. Bloody disgraceful situation to hope for as we have been in it for 3 seasons.

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Nice post BR.

- Aitken, i believe was shopped at the beginning of this year, no takers. Lately, the Warriors look like a possible destination for him.

- Korbin and Tariq. Well Tariq is playing like a busted wheel atm, and Korbin has too many injuries. If they were to leave, where to? Maybe Tariq would get a gig with the Titans or maybe Dogs, but thats about it. Korbin ESL.

- Sailor was rumoured a while ago he wanted out as well, I think the Broncos will pick him up and play him in the halves.

- Saab, spot on

- Norman, good let it be so.

- as far as the other 2, I don't think McInnes is looking to get out, but the Vaughan one has been around for a while. Can't blame him, after making the Aust team last year he will be lucky to play SOO this year.

I also think there's more unrest than whats being reported, particularly now that JG has left, as I see it, he was the binding factor that held things together, now he's gone its starting to unravel.

Why is there unrest? And why do players want out?

All roads lead back to 2 points. Our supercoach and our Boards inability to act on what is right for our Club.