The Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by John moz, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer First Grade

Call me crazy, but i'd like to see JP next season given a run at lock in CC

2. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

He is a big enough unit to slot into the forward pack D.S. however someone , other than Griffin , will need to mentor him on the niceties of playing in that position .

The thing that I have always liked about Pierra is that he really puts his heart into the job .

As many have mentioned he maybe somewhat slow , but his bullocking runs have a lot of power behind them and as you have suggested would not be out of place in the Dragon pack .

3. Blood&Bandage

Blood&Bandage Juniors

From memory Tonga.... and Billy Noke assisted with game plan translations

Mjab likes this.
  4. Blood&Bandage

Blood&Bandage Juniors

Aitken isn’t a centre’s arse!!!
    A centre needs to be able to set up his winger.... not sure this has not happened in YEARS!!!!

5. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

:flushed:

6. SAP58

SAP58 Juniors

Hmmmm interesting thought, someone previously suggested Aitken be tried at lock, similar build but the difference is Pierra can tackle !

Mjab likes this.
  7. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

Why are people so keen to see Dean Young return as our coach after he spends a bit of time learning elsewhere as an assistant. That goes for the media too.
    Wishing for Young to come back is exactly the narrow mindness what we all have been crying out that our BOD and CEO's have done in the past so wrong. Thinking bleeding red and white = dynamite for football club staff.
    We should be doing what other strong clubs do and try and employ the best.
    Get Young back sure...maybe when he is 56 for a sentimental reunion after he has proven he has consistently taken a side in the Top 8 in the NRL or won a premiership elsewhere as head coach

8. LINESPEED

LINESPEED Juniors

Can’t agree more.
    The conservative element is rife in our Club
    .... but maybe some eyes were opened wider with Cody’s debut yesterday

Guess Little Johnny’s our patron saint & we’ve had Mc Stick-in-the-Mud for 7 who’s messed Deano up - so ....

.... he said Cody was his best moment as Interim coach - and his was exactly the kind of performance he wanted

... so take the cue from there son & blood some more.

They’ll be your lasting legacy?

The players are so mentally fuc/ked and lacking skill that new blood will invigorate at least.

You’ve only got to see the reaction to Cody yesterday -

....the best performance from a debutant who unsurprisingly hardly got the ball
    ....in a dysfunctional backline

.... and BTW with Cam’s sop about Mary he might well have done himself out of captaincy with Griff.

Let’s face it, with performances like ours, the discussion often pivots to the captain’s allround leadership credentials.

....& IMO his rather immature
    down-in-the-mouth interview was appalling in its uninspirational messaging

9. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

Unfortunately there is the myth that he bleeds red & white and also the stupid notion that having played for the club is a precursor to coaching at a later stage.

36 years of age with no real coaching experience to speak of let alone success with a sense that a "couple " of years away will do the trick is just plain ridiculous.

Dragonssupporter, BLM01 and LINESPEED like this.
  10. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Bench

After last night I’m reconsidering my position

blacksafake likes this.
  11. redv13

redv13 Juniors

Nothing has changed under DY. 4 games, 1 win vs the broncs and they nearly lost that one too. Same bullshit selections, same bullshit game plans, same bullshit being served up for 80 mins each week. Honestly besides the bald one getting the chop NOTHING has changed over the last 4 weeks. DY would be flat out coaching Matts or Ball let alone 1st grade

12. Mjab

Mjab Juniors

Come on

they got rid of Mary’s inspiration mat in the change room

it’s all good now

13. ChocOConnor

ChocOConnor Juniors

Like I’ve said many a times

Anything or anyone that had something to do with McGregor tenure as a coach should be treated as Covid.

the Whole joint should be sanitized and thoroughly cleaned out with high GM grade disinfectants so as the stench of McGregor is totally extinguished. And that unfortunately also means DY and I hate saying that.

Blood&Bandage, since77, ALSGI and 3 others like this.
  14. Inisai Toga

Inisai Toga Juniors

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    redv13 likes this.
  15. Inisai Toga

Inisai Toga Juniors

Well the gaps in our defensive line on the weekend was certainly 1.5 metres apart!!!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  16. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

The media play the biggest part and almost can basically hire and fire someone or make em walk at will (look at Siebold) and the supposed internal football club moles (i.e. player managers) leak info and dangle bait to the swirling white pointers

Disagree with your analysis of Cam's leadership credentials.

17. Slippery Morris

Slippery Morris First Grade

Dean Young needs experience under a different coach I suppose and whether it is at Saint or not doesn't matter. The fact he won't be listening to Mary and Price is a huge improvement and will make him a better coach. He is highly regarded so can't be too bad. Too terrible mentors since he became an assistant.

Personally I think Young should want to go to another club and learn from that and bring it back to the Saints if he desires to be Saints coach. If he can land a gig anywhere near Robbo or Bellamy or even Fittler for NSW he should jump at the chance. Young should also test himself in England as that is usually a great stepping stone.

18. Maddragon99

Maddragon99 Juniors

100% agree

Blood&Bandage and Mjab like this.
  19. Maddragon99

Maddragon99 Juniors

Don’t forget Ben Hornby will be in the mix next time around, he’s currently an assistant under Bennett at Souths.

20. Dr Fruitbasket Returns

Dr Fruitbasket Returns Juniors

As long as he stays in CC I don't care where he plays. We don't need honest, hard workers. We need first graders and elite players. To win a comp, not just put in an effort and get smashed.