The Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by John moz, Apr 5, 2017.

1. SIR LANCELOT

SIR LANCELOT Juniors

I do also wish him the best.Disappointed that we lost Luciano Leilua also.He offered to me good attacking skills.Watched him in junior league when he was in his teens.Tracking down to the Gong daily seems to be a bit of a grind for the young ones.Would like to see more of the Polynesian boys play with the Dragons.

Lord Teddy Goodwin likes this.
  2. SAP58

SAP58 Juniors

I agree his selections, or lack thereof in the past couple of weeks have been puzzling. You may get your wish as The Daily Telegraph reports Todd Payton & Madge are keen to have Young as their Assistant.

3. Mjab

Mjab Juniors

Where was Johnny Fifita from ?
    A fan fav
    Always had a big smile when he broke through
    I think some people used to call him a smiling assassin

Lord Teddy Goodwin likes this.
  4. Mjab

Mjab Juniors

Come on phantom
    Do us a fav and get him across to the Tigers FFS
    He can toughen up your defence

I'm Hornby likes this.
  5. Ghostrider22

Ghostrider22 Juniors

Your right I forgot about Johnny from Fiji like Apisai who was the first Fijian player to in the NSWRL. It brings back memories

6. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

Happy with the decision with Griffin but would of loved Todd Payten if they chose him or Fitzy as the only ones to take a punt on a rookie. I like his style and demeanour and a couple of lads who play for us who played under him when he was coaching the Tigs Under 20' rave about him.
    Strange though that our Deano would contemplate learning his trade under a rookie
    I dont think Deano would leave (but should to get out of the safety net)
    Might be his manager pushing for a salary increase?...similar to the supposed clubs circling Mary last year.
    Speaking of Mary (for the last time) where are those clubs now, since he has more time to read his book of coaching philosophies, offering opinions now of the Dragons and of other clubs in the media as a new sought after media expert commentator (cough cough) and reminding all and sundry he has unfinished business in coaching and even spruiking he would take an assistants job!! (if he can lower himself..more likely if he is even ever offered that is doubtful in this country at NRL or State Cup level)

Mjab, SAP58, Dragonslayer and 2 others like this.
  7. SAP58

SAP58 Juniors

English Super League for this super (cough cough) coach ! Maybe that is where Young should head to get more experience as well. They could offer themselves as a dynamic duo with a 30% win record !

Mjab likes this.
  8. Unsainty79

Unsainty79 Juniors

Heard last night that Young has requested a release from final year of contract. Knocked back, Griffin desperate to keep Young, but won’t be held against his will - Griffin to try and convince him to remain.

Young been sounded out by Tigers, Chooks and Raiders. While Bennett also keen to work with him at Broncos in 21 - not sure in what capacity.

Flanagan also wanted by Chooks and Dogs, but Robinson’s first preference is Young.

Gentle to Titans.

9. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Bench

Would love Young to work under Robbo for a few years then rejoin us when Hooks time is up. I can’t see him ever being their head coach with Fitzy waiting so eventually he will be looking for a job. I’m worried he may poach players though...

10. redVinme

redVinme Juniors

Meh who are they gonna poach that would make their team better. Hardly anyone.

I'd love young to leave.

11. Forbes Creek Dragons

Haha that’s a true Dragon’s supporter comment if I ever heard one.

roach_83 and redVinme like this.
  12. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer First Grade

Maybe missing out on the Dragons job was finally the eye opener he needs. Realisation that his 'experience' is severly lacking and if he has ambitions of being a HC he needs to explore different systems and set ups.
    Hook may give him new coaching ideas, however, it would be within the same set up he's been with most of his playing and coaching career.

Add to this, experience 'away' will also negate the nepotistic cries if he returns to coach us in the future.

Como Connection, BBTB, Gippsy and 3 others like this.
  13. dragon thomo

dragon thomo Juniors

If he wants to go let him go.
    Never keep someone that wants to go

14. Blood&Bandage

Blood&Bandage Juniors

I’d like to See Rav at centre

15. Dragon Revival

Dragon Revival Juniors

Ravalawa would be a Ken Maddison, Roy Ferguson, Graeme Bradley blockbusting type of centre. He does not seem to have the pace to score long distance tries but is worth putting up against Williame and the Fegais for the left centre spot vacated by Aitken.

16. Mjab

Mjab Juniors

Re Rava

I can’t see any real down side in giving him a trial at centre instead of turnstile

not in shitty trial games or preseason training

Give him a go in these last few weeks Against real opposition and see how he goes he could be a real handful , if not at least we know and move on with that knowledge

he can’t be worse than turnstile

17. Maddragon99

Maddragon99 Juniors

I think Young’s value is dropping every week. We were diabolical against Canberra today.

18. Inisai Toga

Inisai Toga Juniors

I don’t think so Maddragon99. The RL world won’t judge Young on these last games. Despite what some disolutional journalists think, our roster is pretty lightweight particularly with injuries. Were a young growing team that made heaps of mistakes and probably looking forward to getting out of the Covid bubble up against a slick hardened first grade side. They’ll forget in time.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  19. Forbes Creek Dragons

Yeah you are absolutely right. They have lost their coach, the season is gone and Canberra isn’t really a rivalry game so there was nothing to play for other than pride which wears thin when you have been in a bubble for six months and are carrying injuries. They would now have their minds firmly set on quaffing down schooners in a nice pub somewhere.

Mjab, jak and Inisai Toga like this.
  20. Forbes Creek Dragons

I think he could go okay there, JP is also an ex centre in q cup. One issue is we are bursting at the seams with centres in Lomax, Aitken, SSE, the Feagai boys and Wiliame. Which does beg the question, why is Aitken still being picked?