What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
I've heard that Peter Peters mentioned this morning on the radio that Suli doesn't want to come to the Dragons. If he doesn't want to come then why even bother trying to get him. We would want players who actually want to play for us not because they aren't wanted by another club and we are an unwanted destination.

St Tangles

Bench
I've heard that Peter Peters mentioned this morning on the radio that Suli doesn't want to come to the Dragons. If he doesn't want to come then why even bother trying to get him. We would want players who actually want to play for us not because they aren't wanted by another club and we are an unwanted destination.
Agree if he doesn't want to come why are we negotiating with his manager
Doesn't make sense

St Tangles

Bench
I thought that Suli was keen on a move away from Manly as he was 3rd choice centre and couldn't crack it for FG. I believe he was looking for a club where he thought he would play regular FG. Dragons fit the bill. Manly may be playing financial funny buggers, but I think Suli does want to move.
Not sure if you quoted the right comment, but I agree and doubt he'd be happy warming the bench.

thebigredv

First Grade
I was luke warm on Suli from the start, but he is not worth all the BS. Manly can keep him imo

Absolutely.

Lowering ourselves to be submissive to other clubs and players who clearly have shown they don't want a bar of us is not going to turn our team around. Paying big money for Kikau types is just a necessary duty at this point but there's already a question mark over Moses Suli despite the fact that he'd likely improve our team on face value.

Let's hope our club our some external source help us to address the real issues going on that have led us to a decade of misery.

be55

Juniors
While I'm not suggesting any coincidence with the Sims announcement, I was quite impressed with Billy Burns last night. He's nowhere near the finished product but his defence and work rate seem to be improving each time he plays
Burns has finished the season well in a very ordinary pack. Good off season and some muscle coming into the squad and 2022 could be a decent year for the young fella
Yes i am starting to agree with you both, and i must admit that i probably flew off the handle a little early, because i came on here and gave him an absolute pasting for defence, after the Canterbury loss, but he has certainly done better in that department the last month or so...

He can look fairly dangerous with ball in hand at times, and with continued improvement in the off season, i think he could have a very good year next year.

He is still raw and nowhere near the finished product, but like you say redv13, make sure he becomes best friends with a bench press in the off season and add some more muscle to that frame. I think that would do wonders for his defensive mindset and turn him into a real weapon for us in the future...

I have completely changed my mind about him...plenty there to work with.

Como Connection

First Grade
Yes i am starting to agree with you both, and i must admit that i probably flew off the handle a little early, because i came on here and gave him an absolute pasting for defence, after the Canterbury loss, but he has certainly done better in that department the last month or so...

He can look fairly dangerous with ball in hand at times, and with continued improvement in the off season, i think he could have a very good year next year.

He is still raw and nowhere near the finished product, but like you say redv13, make sure he becomes best friends with a bench press in the off season and add some more muscle to that frame. I think that would do wonders for his defensive mindset and turn him into a real weapon for us in the future...

I have completely changed my mind about him...plenty there to work with.

Trifili13

Juniors
I think Mary is pulling the strings in the background at the Cows. Just read the below quote from Todd Payten in a Foxsports article this morning:

"We have to make them uncomfortable every day until we get to the point where we are comfortable being uncomfortable."

Our Mary is now being quoted by other coaches. The man is a genius and you guys were mocking him. Who is going to start the "Bring Mary back" thread?

Como Connection

First Grade
I think Mary is pulling the strings in the background at the Cows. Just read the below quote from Todd Payten in a Foxsports article this morning:

"We have to make them uncomfortable every day until we get to the point where we are comfortable being uncomfortable."

Our Mary is now being quoted by other coaches. The man is a genius and you guys were mocking him. Who is going to start the "Bring Mary back" thread?
Deano's influence I reckon.
CC