What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
And Brian "Chicka" Moore before Olsen.

His best performances for the "bluebags" were always in the game immediately before any rep teams were to be announced and often not sighted otherwise.

Not that he got picked that many times but for sure he always lifted to fly his flag for a chance at being able to attain higher honours and when he did get them he looked a far better player in better company as does Sims.

The police would pay Brian a bonus if selected for the squad - enormous prestige for the force . I am sure that he was also selected for The Kangaroos in the latter part of the 60’s .

Last edited:
Reactions: jak
Yep Sims told he wont be needed after 2022.. Too much of the old school Dragons culture is seen as not fitting in with the new Qld one. I can see other Dragons long termers being shown the door too after Dufty now Sims. Vaughan was canned unfairly. Merrin's retirement was sudden and premature..

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Yep Sims told he wont be needed after 2022.. Too much of the old school Dragons culture is seen as not fitting in with the new Qld one. I can see other Dragons long termers being shown the door too after Dufty now Sims. Vaughan was canned unfairly. Merrin's retirement was sudden and premature..
I think Merrin knew that we were a basket case. Why stick around at a club going nowhere this year?

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
You should be showing Josh McGuire the door as well as he is set for another lengthy suspension
I don't necessarily disagree but am I the only one that thought he was a bit unlucky last night? He definitely collected him but the bloke had fallen quite a way.

Not saying he won't be suspended - he's wearing the right jersey for it after all - but I don't think he did much wrong. This time.

blacksafake

First Grade
I don't necessarily disagree but am I the only one that thought he was a bit unlucky last night? He definitely collected him but the bloke had fallen quite a way.

Not saying he won't be suspended - he's wearing the right jersey for it after all - but I don't think he did much wrong. This time.
Agree, even Chechin agreed with him when he said what am I supposed to do.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

Yeah agree that sin bin was very unlucky. I guarantee, actually promise if Cleary did the exact same thing he wouldn’t be sent and at worst would get a week for something McGuire would get 6 weeks for.

dungay dragon

Juniors
I think there are other players in the club treading water and they will be shown the door without the fanfare that Merrin received.
Interesting snippetts about re Dragons possible signings for 22
Suli....Still favoured to join , however Manly wanting a 50 k surcharge from Dragons , similar to what Dragons put on Saab for early release
Kikau ..despite all denials esp from Penrith , Dragons still going hard for the Panthers back rower on big big dollars..Moving Simms on confirms the urgency to bolster the Dragons pack
Expecting a few more of our 2021 nomad signings to be shown the door .....

TruSaint

Referee

He faces 6 weeks out.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Suli....Still favoured to join , however Manly wanting a 50 k surcharge from Dragons , similar to what Dragons put on Saab for early release
Kikau ..despite all denials esp from Penrith , Dragons still going hard for the Panthers back rower on big big dollars..Moving Simms on confirms the urgency to bolster the Dragons pack
Can I ask where u saw that info about Suli

Dragon David

First Grade
Because of the seriously failed year the Dragons endured this year, they will be head hunting several biggies for the years ahead. So far i think we have 5 positions to fill for next year and not sure what Sims will be doing - stay for the last year of his contract, leave to go to another club, or retire?

For 2023 though, there will be many other players who would be on notice and a cleansing out of the dead wood continue so that the club will contain a much better squad for that year and beyond.

Whether or not the current coaches will be the same for 2023 is another query - will depend of course on how they get the 2022 team going in the right direction.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Reported on radio by Peter Peters, but they want 50k extra for Suli to match the 50k they paid for Saab.
I heard the same 2KY Weekend Sports Breakfast exchange this morning between Peter Peters and Ray Thomas/ Dean Ritchie-but slightly differently- Peters said that the $50K was a minimum amount and Manly might screw the Dragons for an even higher fee. When you think about it, it makes sense. Suli doesn't really want to go to the Dragons but Saab was desperate to go to the Sea Eagles. While Manly have two good, young centres in Parker and Harper and according to Peters a couple of promising other young backs as well, they have the option of converting Suli to a blockbusting backrower. Apart from the possible exception of the injury prone Braidon Burns, Suli is easily the best centre currently available. Manly are in no hurry to do a deal and hold the aces in this poker game.

Latest posts