What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Saint52

Juniors
63 yrs for me we used to listen to Tiger Black call the game i lived in the country.
I remember listening when Peter and Norm Provan played. Ken Kearneyand Poppa Clay was my dads favorites.

possm

Coach
If i had to rate them on percentage chance of a great career I'd still put Sullivan first but certainly the other two will have more NRL experience by mid season to succeed. Good position to be in for the club and it may be the case of under coaching them and give them a lot of creative freedom. I get shivers down my spine thinking of what the last coach would have done to them !
I live in hope that by mid-season in 2022, Sullivan is selected at 7 and Hunt goes to 9. Just imagine a spine of :
1. Sloan
6. Amone
7. Sullivan
9. Hunt

Dracarys

Juniors
“my father was soccer mad…”
Johnny Warren and the St George Soccer team had a purple patch in the sixties as well if I recall. 5-6 premierships ? Maybe more.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
“my father was soccer mad…”
Johnny Warren and the St George Soccer team had a purple patch in the sixties as well if I recall. 5-6 premierships ? Maybe more.
Johnny Warren visited our local park in Green Valley in mid-late 60s. All the kids were talking about it. We were a backwater and no one gave a shit about us... and vice versa. As a 7-year-old, I didn't know who Johnny Warren was, but I later learned he was the best known soccer player in the country, and he played for St George.
The next week we all playing soccer in the streets, in addition to Rugby League and cricket.
Then we got funding for a community centre. It was a big deal at the time.
IMO, sports people reaching out actually does make a difference.

BLM01

First Grade
Sims to Storm, hope not this year to help them out cause i think he still will be handy this year.
Players Storm have lost to injury tonight ny fears may be realised

denis preston

First Grade
We will need Sims once he is fully fit. I do get a bit of a funny feeling about his omission but letting him go now will only be weakening our squad and prospects.

No way in hell does our coach release him, especially to Melbourne.
Yes, we cant do much with the max 400k that him leaving would give us but we certainly need his experience and the depth he will provide. Woods being out for 4 games & McGuire suspended shows we will need that through a long season. Also Gos showed us the drop in class & ability these second tier replacements like him, Hunt Alvaro etc won't cut it.

BLM01

First Grade
Yes, we cant do much with the max 400k that him leaving would give us but we certainly need his experience and the depth he will provide. Woods being out for 4 games & McGuire suspended shows we will need that through a long season. Also Gos showed us the drop in class & ability these second tier replacements like him, Hunt Alvaro etc won't cut it.
Woods out for 4?

Gardenia

Juniors
We will need Sims once he is fully fit. I do get a bit of a funny feeling about his omission but letting him go now will only be weakening our squad and prospects.

No way in hell does our coach release him, especially to Melbourne.
Yep! Are they actually crazy .