What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Trifili13

Juniors
I like how clubs try and get early releases for players they sign, but when it's the other way around they make them stay as it suits the club. All the talk about Munster not being released early if he signs with say the Dolphins for 2024.

The Dragon's should only release Simms if it suits us and not any other team.

qld redvee

Juniors
If the Dragons can sign the likes of Su’a and Molo , then there must be a chance of a decent replacement for Mr. Simms , but as far as allowing him to leave early is concerned the Dragons need to say no .
Gareth,
Mr Simms isnt exactly leading by example for us.. I would possibly let him go save some bucks and bring in young molo or jaiden hunt to replace . also gives us a reason to move bird back from 5/8 back to an edge
might be worth it - but Id put a clause in for storm - if we play in 22 then simms doesnt get picked for storm

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth,
Mr Simms isnt exactly leading by example for us.. I would possibly let him go save some bucks and bring in young molo or jaiden hunt to replace . also gives us a reason to move bird back from 5/8 back to an edge
might be worth it - but Id put a clause in for storm - if we play in 22 then simms doesnt get picked for storm
That is indeed a good point qld.redvee , I had not looked at it from that side , however what you have said certainly makes sense and if anything would be more advantageous to the Dragons .

As to the no-play Dragon clause , yes that would be the way to go .

Last edited:

Puff

First Grade
Keeps Simms?
It’s not making a difference. We aren’t making the 8 with or without him.
Stay or Go, who cares.
Storm will likely win it with or without him as well.
This is all really of no meaning

Dragon David

First Grade
and if we dont release him will he just drop his bundle and go through the motions ??????
so im starting to lean towards see ya later tariq thanks for the memories
As you say qld redvee, if the Storm wants Sims early and Sims wants to go this year and we refuse, he will just go through the motions and not put in - he hasn't really put in anyway so makes no difference. I am sure we have the likes of M Molo and J Hunt and Burns eager and willing to put in the hard work moreso than what Sims has done this season. In fact, I don't know why Hook plays Sims in first grade when he is not wanted for next year?

Just let him go now I say.

Dragon David

First Grade
That’s absolutely right Dragon David, and same ole story with the Dragon’s we end up with FA. That just gives me the shits, nothing f**king changes ever.
What gets me is that clubs with expert staff can go through all of the players playing in junior to first grade levels and they can identify who they should target and go for them and most get their man or men. I don't know if we have any experts, I doubt it because we end up with also rans and journeymen and rejects. We keep waiting for the young ones to grow up and we set goals to develop and nurture them only to find that they aren't ready and we keep playing the senior players over and over again. It's like we don't know who or what we should be doing and going for and how to train them.

The same goes for the coaches they hire. Do they think properly as to what makes a super duper coach and say, he has the credentials to provide the coaching for the club and he would know the sort of players he needs to get us playing finals footy? It's a case of he will do and that is that.

Just my opinion so take it or leave it.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Why would Saints want to help strengthen the Storm for this year? If they let him go early that is just dumb business. No club would let a rep player leave early to help a team win a comp except for 1 and unfortunately that is the club we support....I really hope they stick to their guns and keep him all season. Saints play Roosters this week so I can see a suspension coming up. The team that cops the most suspension in the comp need all the personnel they have, Remember this is the team that had Frizel suspended for a game for touching a ref? Same as the guys busted with white powder.

Gippsy

Bench
Why would Saints want to help strengthen the Storm for this year? If they let him go early that is just dumb business. No club would let a rep player leave early to help a team win a comp except for 1 and unfortunately that is the club we support....I really hope they stick to their guns and keep him all season. Saints play Roosters this week so I can see a suspension coming up. The team that cops the most suspension in the comp need all the personnel they have, Remember this is the team that had Frizel suspended for a game for touching a ref? Same as the guys busted with white powder.

Agree, especially when I read today that we would have to pay some of his contract for Storm to take him straight away.

BBTB

Juniors
What gets me is that clubs with expert staff can go through all of the players playing in junior to first grade levels and they can identify who they should target and go for them and most get their man or men. I don't know if we have any experts, I doubt it because we end up with also rans and journeymen and rejects. We keep waiting for the young ones to grow up and we set goals to develop and nurture them only to find that they aren't ready and we keep playing the senior players over and over again. It's like we don't know who or what we should be doing and going for and how to train them.

The same goes for the coaches they hire. Do they think properly as to what makes a super duper coach and say, he has the credentials to provide the coaching for the club and he would know the sort of players he needs to get us playing finals footy? It's a case of he will do and that is that.

Until we rid ourselves of the idiots & parasites that run our club, nothing will change. You can't believe that the governance that rules our club is legal. Doust implemented it...and still let's these pig sucking scumbags
ruin the club year after year.
Now "Doust "the master of deceit has his despicable self back on Board.

Ghostrider22

Juniors

I agree Dragon Dave, it’s hard to believe that over the years that these problems have developed, it is really bad management isn’t.

Dragon David

First Grade
I agree Dragon Dave, it’s hard to believe that over the years that these problems have developed, it is really bad management isn’t.
We keep saying the same thing, well maybe I do and much of our dilemma through the last 11 years is due to the mismanagement of the football part of the organisations of the joint venture.

They basically haven't got any real idea because if they did we would not be talking about them in this way.