What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

RedVee_8

Juniors
You can thank baldy for that one. Still shake my head when he referred to him as Reece Robinson in a press conference once. Absolute dick of a coach who didn’t even know his name. Embarrassing!
Once? Repeatedly!

Would offer Munster $1m e wet day of the week but can’t see him coming here .. makes no sense .. he either stays w the best team in the NRL or he returns home to qld..
No chance of him coming here but may as well help the price upwards a bit for whoever gets him

justadragon

Bench
So let me get this straight, we would be looking at keeping hunt at 7 for basically another 2 seasons before munster joins him in 2024. Please spare me this would be the last straw for me as neither Sullivan or Amone and possibly Sloan the way things are going would be at this club for much longer.

Coffs dragon

Bench
So let me get this straight, we would be looking at keeping hunt at 7 for basically another 2 seasons before munster joins him in 2024. Please spare me this would be the last straw for me as neither Sullivan or Amone and possibly Sloan the way things are going would be at this club for much longer.
Makes no sense to me, but Hook obviously is targeting him as he’s a Queenslander & will be old in 2 years.

Dragon David

First Grade
I think that this is so much a bulls..t rumour, it is not funny. I think Hunt has a 1 year option in his favour to take up which means his contract finishes at the end of 2024. Subject to who will be the next coach after 2023 (last year of Griffin's tenure), that coach might play Hunt in the 9 position and by that time, the likes of Muhlheisen, Sullivan, Sloan and Amone or any other youngster coming through will emerge full time that is if they haven't been lured elsewhere.

Bringing Munster to partner Hunt in 2024 to me definitely won't happen - no way. Although they patched up differences as per https://www.triplem.com.au/story/re...-after-punch-on-with-kangaroos-teammate-78471, I don't think they have a good relationship for partnering each other in the halves and what's more, what effect will it have on our juniors?

Before anything, the Dragons need to get the young guns playing together right now. Forget about this year and start planning for the next few years and get them to "grow" and experience full time first grade and toughen them up. No use waiting when we just don't really know how they will be - they could be crap but we have to see for some period first and if no good, then go for better guys and pay for it. No use hedging our bets - just do it - nothing to lose.

justadragon

Bench
I think that this is so much a bulls..t rumour, it is not funny. I think Hunt has a 1 year option in his favour to take up which means his contract finishes at the end of 2024. Subject to who will be the next coach after 2023 (last year of Griffin's tenure), that coach might play Hunt in the 9 position and by that time, the likes of Muhlheisen, Sullivan, Sloan and Amone or any other youngster coming through will emerge full time that is if they haven't been lured elsewhere.

Bringing Munster to partner Hunt in 2024 to me definitely won't happen - no way. Although they patched up differences as per https://www.triplem.com.au/story/re...-after-punch-on-with-kangaroos-teammate-78471, I don't think they have a good relationship for partnering each other in the halves and what's more, what effect will it have on our juniors?

Before anything, the Dragons need to get the young guns playing together right now. Forget about this year and start planning for the next few years and get them to "grow" and experience full time first grade and toughen them up. No use waiting when we just don't really know how they will be - they could be crap but we have to see for some period first and if no good, then go for better guys and pay for it. No use hedging our bets - just do it - nothing to lose.
Agree with you Dave, but we have to contend with Griffin trying to keep his job.

Dragon David

First Grade
Agree with you Dave, but we have to contend with Griffin trying to keep his job.
Yes, I know justa. I can't see us keeping Hook beyond 2023. There are other options like Cameron Ciraldo and maybe the likes of Ben Hornby or Dean Young or Jason Ryles or can I say it and you certainly have - Craig Bellamy as a finale to his coaching career. Yes please.

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors

Hunt has already taken up his option contract end 23

Latest posts