What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

dungay dragon

Juniors
What's really naive is expecting a youngster with virtually nil 1st grade experience at half to suddenly come in and replace a SOO half and win the game. Sure we were beaten, but hardly a humiliation. The pass for Ramsey first try was brilliant from Amone followed by another later in the game which was called back for a forward pass. Make no mistake these kids are the future and the sooner they get FG experience the better off we will be. If we don't bring them through There are other clubs who will.
After yesterdays performance Sullivan wont be replacing BH or moving him to 9
BH is our marquee player , Dally M leader , Captain and current QLD SOO and the form player in our side ...Yes Sullivan does need as much exposure to NRL as he can get BUT a decision has to be made ....
Is it as a Utility ( 14 ) for say the next 12 months and move to 7 when Hunt is injured or on Rep Duty or does he play a full season in KOE honing his craft at 7 ?
Amone is a fair bit in front of Sully , games wise and is transitioning nicely
The same for Ramsey..Given an opportunity at 1 and has grabbed it with both hands
Rava is likely to be out for 4-6 weeks hammy..Would like to see Sloan or Stewart given an opportunity in preference to the safety first option of Moga or Reuben
Yep the kids are our Clubs future , providing they are well managed and brought through with plenty of thought and timing

denis preston

First Grade
I used to think Bud best playing reggies to "hone his craft "but there is light years difference in speed & intensity. He will only learn to cope with that by playing NRL. 14 and 6 perhaps? IMO irrespective of Amone's improvement I think Bud if given the same opportunities would do a better job.

redv13

Bench
Is it as a Utility ( 14 ) for say the next 12 months and move to 7 when Hunt is injured or on Rep Duty or does he play a full season in KOE honing his craft at 7 ?
Amone is a fair bit in front of Sully , games wise and is transitioning nicely
The same for Ramsey..Given an opportunity at 1 and has grabbed it with both hands
Rava is likely to be out for 4-6 weeks hammy..Would like to see Sloan or Stewart given an opportunity in preference to the safety first option of Moga or Reuben
Yep the kids are our Clubs future , providing they are well managed and brought through with plenty of thought and timing
Sullivan needs to be our 14 each week.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Hook was a guest of the 2GB Continuous Call team on the weekend- towards the end of a jokey interview, someone asked if Flanno (list manager) and a sometime member of the CC team had signed anyone- Hook was a bit flummoxed by the question but answered Yes. Don't know if we can read anything into that or not- particularly as others ( Haran et al) are involved in recruitment.

thebigredv

First Grade
They will both be fine when they get used to the speed of 1st grade. They take too long ATM to make decisions and also improve decision making for NRL in attack but will improve in time

Agree. They will only improve and while it's a bit much to say they are destined to be superstars, in a year's time they will be a formidable pairing who have worked out the nuances of first grade...only how Hunt fits into this is the head-scratcher. If Hunt isn't going to take up the hooking role do we lose Amone or Sullivan? It feels likely when the facts are laid out. Then that kind of changes everything...

Budpower

Juniors
it stinks, Bud was a different human being to the one who played all his life up until this time...dont have to be captain obvious to see its all to do with our embarrasing, oversafe, diabolically conservative utter cardboard cutout hopelessly outdated yawnable so called coach, pfft! as soon as we get an actual coach with some courage were going to be this pathetic, praying Ciraldo comes here and fast . they werent even up for that, thats gwiffs fault, you can see him now getting in poor Buds face ALL week uglily killing all joy and spirit and hope in the poor kid saying, " nooooo fancy stuff kid, i know best, just play it safe, dont Try anything" utterrly heartbroke and despondent, At least Mary got us to that prelim we will not even reach top 8 with this Boycott of an ultra bore, i hate the way he coaches, i hate the way he instills such boring oversafe plodding nothing energy into the team, hes a crime against league itself and the spirit of the actual game

Illusion

Bench
it stinks, Bud was a different human being to the one who played all his life up until this time...dont have to be captain obvious to see its all to do with our embarrasing, oversafe, diabolically conservative utter cardboard cutout hopelessly outdated yawnable so called coach, pfft! as soon as we get an actual coach with some courage were going to be this pathetic, praying Ciraldo comes here and fast . they werent even up for that, thats gwiffs fault, you can see him now getting in poor Buds face ALL week uglily killing all joy and spirit and hope in the poor kid saying, " nooooo fancy stuff kid, i know best, just play it safe, dont Try anything" utterrly heartbroke and despondent, At least Mary got us to that prelim we will not even reach top 8 with this Boycott of an ultra bore, i hate the way he coaches, i hate the way he instills such boring oversafe plodding nothing energy into the team, hes a crime against league itself and the spirit of the actual game
Mate Hook hasn't moved with the times , and it shows in his coaching and selections ..... So at worst we are stuck with him for another year unless they come out and sign him again before a ball is kicked next year ......

I used to think Bud best playing reggies to "hone his craft "but there is light years difference in speed & intensity. He will only learn to cope with that by playing NRL. 14 and 6 perhaps? IMO irrespective of Amone's improvement I think Bud if given the same opportunities would do a better job.
The issue is Walters targeted Bud

The Griffin game plan is both archaic and predictable

I see the loss we suffered in simple terms, Walters schooled Griffin

Compare the attacking structure of both teams

Nanadragon

Juniors
Why don't we give the Walker Bros. a go? At least they coach a flamboyant style of footy. Hard to defend against. But what would an old granny know!

redv13

Bench
Why don't we give the Walker Bros. a go? At least they coach a flamboyant style of footy. Hard to defend against. But what would an old granny know!
There’s a reason why they haven’t gotten a start. Might work in Q cup or NSW cup but this is the NRL. Only an idiotic, dribbling, self confessed drug user like a certain number 7 are calling for them to get a go. That says it all really

BLM01

First Grade
Where were you in prior weeks after a win
Not surprising like many others who are quiet on this forum after a win
No we are not playing like a top 8 side ATM, but we are not the worst either
Ciraldo please, based on what?, he apparently is not even the attacking coach so what is your point there.

randomdragon

Juniors
Where were you in prior weeks after a win
Not surprising like many others who are quiet on this forum after a win
No we are not playing like a top 8 side ATM, but we are not the worst either
Ciraldo please, based on what?, he apparently is not even the attacking coach so what is your point there.
His opinion is based off riding the medias cocks and believing everything they say. Can’t formulate his own opinion so had to rely on that of others to help his own

Latest posts