What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

justadragon

Bench
I would love to see Liddle at 9, sully at 14, and then sully and hunt interchange during the game, of course all of this is meaningless if we dont pick up some forwards with go in them. Is leniu confirmed at the bulldogs or are we still chasing him ??

dungay dragon

Juniors
I would love to see Liddle at 9, sully at 14, and then sully and hunt interchange during the game, of course all of this is meaningless if we dont pick up some forwards with go in them. Is leniu confirmed at the bulldogs or are we still chasing him ??
The timing of the Macca retirement adds fuel to the fire that we are about to announce a premiere signing.....for a change
The releasing of fringe first graders recently freeing up cap space is further proof of this
Even the media in their little tit bits commenting that " the Daragons still hope to land one big signing , once World Cup tourny is over "
Still thinking it maybe Fifita or Lenui if he hasnt already gone to the Dogs.
Guessing an announcement will be forthcoming in the next week

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
If Macca has indeed put the cue in the rack (and I do thank him for his service), then I feel the hooking role will be hotly contested during the pre-season and trials.

You'd have to assume Liddle will get first crack at the starting 9 and remember he only has a 1yr deal. Bud as the 14 is an obvious selection now. Mybe is always an option, but his 'value' maybe utilised in other areas.

But don't discard other possibilities as we don't know who is signed to what yet.

Connor Muhleisen
Haele Finau
Navajo Doyle

These names come to mind. However, besides young Finau, I haven't heard if CM or ND are still with us. If they are there's plenty of hooking options especially later on in the season.
Connor training with fg Navajo with flegg

The Word

Juniors
He obviously wanted to give himself a run in pre-season to see how the body is holding up before making a decision. To finish up a year early and give away a year's salary is an honourable thing to do. Reminds me of Trent Merrin.

It frees up a bit of cash for the club, and I'm guessing Liddle and Mbye will have a straight shoot-out for the 9 in pre-season. I'd be happy with Mbye at 9 with Sullivan at 14. That gives Sully plenty of opportunities through the season either at 9 (interchange for Mbye) or 7 (interchange with Mbye but Hunt goes to 9).

If Mbye gets injured then it's a chance to bring in one of the younger hookers to the team, or Liddle, depending on how he goes in Reserves.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I hope all goes well for Macca for his future. He was a great player and not his fault Hook kept picking him each week even when he was playing with niggling injuries as he has mentioned. Probably why his form dipped in the back end of his career but in his prime at the Bronco's he was in the top 5 hookers of the NRL.

I have a feeling Mbye will get first crack and he will be good at hooker. His best position I feel will be there. Liddle back up and Bud to 14. Hunt is the obvious choice but that won't happen under Hook's watch.

Gareth67

First Grade
We were never going to beat South’s the next week anyhow. Their forwards were coming into their peak
They had their run , something that no one could take away from them or the club . Those same Saints of earlier years had grown old and their skills somewhat blunted with age .

Their injuries were numerous and quite simply they had given their all , but was not enough on the day . All eras come to a close and as you have said , a more youthful and powerful Souths awaited them the following week - if indeed they had won against the Berries - yes the South’s game was beyond our ageing team .

If only our current team had a drop of those Dragon’s blood of the past , flowing in their veins .

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
The timing of the Macca retirement adds fuel to the fire that we are about to announce a premiere signing.....for a change
The releasing of fringe first graders recently freeing up cap space is further proof of this
Even the media in their little tit bits commenting that " the Daragons still hope to land one big signing , once World Cup tourny is over "
Still thinking it maybe Fifita or Lenui if he hasnt already gone to the Dogs.
Guessing an announcement will be forthcoming in the next week
Sorry to burst your bubble but there are no premier signings. We are a rabble.

Maddragon99

Juniors
I’m no fan of Griffin but how is he supposed to have any success with a incomplete squad? We finished well out side of the 8 last year & we’ve made no attempt to strengthen the squad even though there are 4 or 5 spots available in the top 30. Am I missing something?

Old Timer

Coach
I’m no fan of Griffin but how is he supposed to have any success with a incomplete squad? We finished well out side of the 8 last year & we’ve made no attempt to strengthen the squad even though there are 4 or 5 spots available in the top 30. Am I missing something?
Perhaps we are all missing something so how about we show some patience and wait until the World Cup players all arrive back here and are about to join their old or for that matter new clubs to start their pre season training.

That may take in fact take until early December.

possm

Coach
Perhaps we are all missing something so how about we show some patience and wait until the World Cup players all arrive back here and are about to join their old or for that matter new clubs to start their pre season training.

That may take in fact take until early December.
I'm very confident the Dragons have more than 1m to spend on a couple of top players or one marquee player. Does anyone have any idea who we are chasing right now?

Crush

Coach
I’m ready to play prop too, doesn’t mean I’m going too
Mate, if you don’t think Mbye will feature heavily again under Hook then you have a rude shock coming. He started fullback, hooker, centre this year for most the season. He will be preferred over the young blokes again next season, a leopard doesn’t change its spots, Hook is still the coach.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Griffin to play Mbye at 9 this year, just saw Mbye on channel 10 saying he’s ready to play 9.
Lol there it is.
Yes just like when you said you were 'told' in the last pre season Mbye would play fullback to start the year off and Bird five eighth. Who played fullback and five eighth in our first game last year again?

BTW you love having a dog at Mbye any chance you get don't ya? Did he shag your Mrs or something mate?

Love how you're basing it off a 15 second clip on channel ten, irrational much?
The full quoted interview is on the NRL website/app, I'd suggest you have a read to maybe get an understanding of what was actually said by Mbye himself on the matter.

Last edited:

Latest posts