What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

possm

Coach
The club is an abomination , there are undoubtedly many hardworking individuals behind the scenes who have the best intentions of the club in mind .

However I can not understand how the WIN corporation has the knowledge of the game to be of any true value when making decisions on football matters ?

For mine there should be only representatives of the St.George and Illawarra R.L.F.C’s on the board itself - no reps. from WIN whatsoever .

Perhaps I am out of touch with the actual setup as it actually is , however to my understanding there are no Illawarra officials on the board

If they wish to finance the Illawarra arm of the joint venture all well and good , but keep entirely out of matters pertaining to the running of the rugby league team itself .
Illawarra gave up their share of ownership of the NRL license purely to avoid bankruptcy. They do not have the cash and so, the obvious solution for them is to partner with the Gordons/WIN in a joint venture for the Illawarra Steelers Junior Rugby Leagues Club; a feeder club for the St George Football Club.
tue7 m

Illusion

Bench
hope your wrong, son in law just told me to tell you to delete then reinstall,worth a shot he's young im not
Already done that still not working it was for a long time then had same problem no like button , but if it's working for you great just keep using it 👍

Reactions: jak

Gippsy

Bench
Sorry guys if this has been previously posted by others, but I never see the “like” option anymore when I log in. Any tips; appreciate any assistance in advance…
Hey Inisai, I had the same problem. I disabled extensions in the search engine. Clicked on the 3 dots/settings/extensions. Next time I logged in the like button was back.

BIG RIG

Juniors
So with Cody Ramsey facing an uncertain future with health issues and Amone the clown more than likely facing no fault stand down or worse case scenario a sacking our squad again becomes weaker and weaker

Potential RD 2 squad

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Mathew Feagai
3. Moses Suli
4. Zac Lomax
5. Mikaele Ravalawa
6. Jayden Sullivan
7. Ben Hunt ( C )
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Jack De Belin
11. Jaydn Su’a
12. Josh Kerr
13. Jack Bird
BENCH
14. Moses Mbye
15. Zane Musgrove
16. Aaron Woods
17. Ben Murdoch - Masila

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
So with Cody Ramsey facing an uncertain future with health issues and Amone the clown more than likely facing no fault stand down or worse case scenario a sacking our squad again becomes weaker and weaker

Potential RD 2 squad

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Mathew Feagai
3. Moses Suli
4. Zac Lomax
5. Mikaele Ravalawa
6. Jayden Sullivan
7. Ben Hunt ( C )
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Jack De Belin
11. Jaydn Su’a
12. Josh Kerr
13. Jack Bird
BENCH
14. Moses Mbye
15. Zane Musgrove
16. Aaron Woods
17. Ben Murdoch - Masila

Looks about the best we can field.

Mojo

Bench

Potential RD 2 squad

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Mathew Feagai
3. Moses Suli
4. Zac Lomax
5. Mikaele Ravalawa
6. Jayden Sullivan
7. Ben Hunt ( C )
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Jack De Belin
11. Jaydn Su’a
12. Josh Kerr
13. Jack Bird
BENCH
14. Moses Mbye
15. Zane Musgrove
16. Aaron Woods
17. Ben Murdoch - Masila
Still passable. Why do I feel like the Monty Python Black Knight when I say that?

carltonsouth79

First Grade

Potential RD 2 squad

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Mathew Feagai
3. Moses Suli
4. Zac Lomax
5. Mikaele Ravalawa
6. Jayden Sullivan
7. Ben Hunt ( C )
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Jack De Belin
11. Jaydn Su’a
12. Josh Kerr
13. Jack Bird
BENCH
14. Moses Mbye
15. Zane Musgrove
16. Aaron Woods
17. Ben Murdoch - Masila
Pretty much as I thought but for me F Molo in on the bench, likely for Woods. I think it will come down to pre season performances for the edge to partner Sua. Burns likely in the mix too

Trifili13

Juniors

Potential RD 2 squad

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Mathew Feagai
3. Moses Suli
4. Zac Lomax
5. Mikaele Ravalawa
6. Jayden Sullivan
7. Ben Hunt ( C )
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Jack De Belin
11. Jaydn Su’a
12. Josh Kerr
13. Jack Bird
BENCH
14. Moses Mbye
15. Zane Musgrove
16. Aaron Woods
17. Ben Murdoch - Masila
Looking at that bench I thought I had gone onto the Tigers forum by mistake.

itsme

Juniors
If we are looking for a scapegoat to pin this sorry mess on, it is definitely not De Bellin. There were other clubs making offers and at the time, it would have probably been in his best interest to move to another club. Innocent until proven guilty.

The constant in this sorry saga are Peter Doust and Craig Young. Now that Young has moved on, it is Peter Doust. I say find a new owner and replace the Gordons and WIN Corp. The new owner to clean out the Board and replace it with members who a skilled and care about the future of the Club.

Then get rid of the term 'joint venture'. Illawarra Steelers have long gone. To me, this was only a term used to try and wipe the Club's long and proud history and never should have been.

St George Dragons should be the name and a restructure made to give Illawarra Steelers a very important role in the relationship. I would start by:
1. The new owner is to invest in the development of a Junior Leagues club being built for Illawarra Steelers.
2. Illawarra Steelers to be handed the job of Junior Development and Pathways Management for the St George Dragons.
3. Illawarra Steelers to be owned by St George Football Club.
4. All of the Junior League Clubs to be owned by Illawarra Stealers.
5. Illawarra Steelers to field their senior team in the NSWRL Competition whatever it is named at the time.
6. St George home games are to be played at Kogarah.
7. Illawarra home games are to be played in Woolongong.
8. A plan for the re-development of Kogarah and Woolongong stadiums to be drawn up and funding secured by the new St George Board.

This would be a good start in a positive effort to lift our Club to its rightful position in the League.
Still sounds like a negotiated merger of sorts to me.

possm

Coach

Potential RD 2 squad

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Mathew Feagai
3. Moses Suli
4. Zac Lomax
5. Mikaele Ravalawa
6. Jayden Sullivan
7. Ben Hunt ( C )
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Jack De Belin
11. Jaydn Su’a
12. Josh Kerr
13. Jack Bird
BENCH
14. Moses Mbye
15. Zane Musgrove
16. Aaron Woods
17. Ben Murdoch - Masila
Not a bad 17 however with the current available squad, I'd go for:

1. Sloan
2. Matt Feagai
3. Max Feagai
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Bird
7. Sullivan
8. F Molo
9. Hunt
10. Lawrie
11. Su'A
45. Suli
13. De Belin

14. Mbye
15. Kerr
16. BMM
17. M Molo

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The new salary increase should allow the Bulldogs to now offer Munster, Nathan Cleary, Chrichton and Payne Hass a contract and still have more money to spare to fill in their final 2 spots after they land those 4. Plus the left over from Sonny Bill Williams they had put aside when he left.

dragon thomo

Juniors
I agree Slippery, Hunt to hooker. Thats depends if Amone gets off his charge. Sullivan 7 Ammone 6 Hunt 9
Also if we had another centre it would be interesting to see how Suli would go as a left back rower, as i do believe he adds value to our side.

possm

Coach
Management has made so many poor decisions. Is it now too late for the Dragons in 2023?

1. Hook should have been shown the door and if Hunt insisted on not playing hooker, he too should have been let go to his choice of club.
2. The club should have hired Hasler before the start of pre-season Training.
3. Instead of recruiting all these below-average players, again hoping we will find a diamond in the rough, the Dragons should have recruited two or three marquee forwards and backfilled depth with our promising juniors or if necessary, recruited some promising juniors.
4. I'd say our positions of weakness are:

a. Prop - recruit two top-grade props
b. Left edge - move Suli to this position and Max Feagai to center
c. Hooker - move Ben Hunt to 9
d. Five-eighth - move Bird to 6
e. Fullback - identify a backup for Sloan

In my opinion, we had the money to do the above, but let politics and self-interest determine our potential for season 2023. The Dragons were more interested in:

1. Keeping Griffin as head coach so that the appointment of Dean Young for season 2024 and beyond becomes a done deal. Just imagine how difficult it would be if Hasler came in for season 2023 and was a huge success.
2. 95 percent of the salary cap has to be spent each year or unspent funds need to be returned to the NRL. The salary cap cannot be transferred to the next season. So, to me, it looks as if some contracts have been upgraded or front-ended to make life easier cap-wise for Dean Young in 2024.

• Wow
Reactions: Qdf

Iron Mike

Juniors
Management has made so many poor decisions. Is it now too late for the Dragons in 2023?

1. Hook should have been shown the door and if Hunt insisted on not playing hooker, he too should have been let go to his choice of club.
2. The club should have hired Hasler before the start of pre-season Training.
3. Instead of recruiting all these below-average players, again hoping we will find a diamond in the rough, the Dragons should have recruited two or three marquee forwards and backfilled depth with our promising juniors or if necessary, recruited some promising juniors.
4. I'd say our positions of weakness are:

a. Prop - recruit two top-grade props
b. Left edge - move Suli to this position and Max Feagai to center
c. Hooker - move Ben Hunt to 9
d. Five-eighth - move Bird to 6
e. Fullback - identify a backup for Sloan

In my opinion, we had the money to do the above, but let politics and self-interest determine our potential for season 2023. The Dragons were more interested in:

1. Keeping Griffin as head coach so that the appointment of Dean Young for season 2024 and beyond becomes a done deal. Just imagine how difficult it would be if Hasler came in for season 2023 and was a huge success.
2. 95 percent of the salary cap has to be spent each year or unspent funds need to be returned to the NRL. The salary cap cannot be transferred to the next season. So, to me, it looks as if some contracts have been upgraded or front-ended to make life easier cap-wise for Dean Young in 2024.
Possm
A lot of what you say makes sense, however with Griffen still at head coach the likelihood of Hunt moving to 9 is very low.
After speaking to Hook during the year I got the impression he wants to play Sloan on the wing, which is where he has played a lot of his junior football. Matt Feagai also played centres in the juniors and looks to be a player well and truely on the rise , so look forward to seeing how they pair together on the left edge.
As for Max Feagai I think he needs to stay injury free for an extended period and concentrate on his defence before he is seriously considered for first grade.
If Ramsay is unavailable, Hook showed us last year that he will probably use Mbye at fullback.
If this is the case Liddle will play 9 , leaving Hunt and Bud in halves and Bird at 13.
Look out for the young Storm Hooker Haele Finau as a bolter for the 14 jersey ahead of Mulheison.
In regards to Hasler v Dean Young , it does seem that the club has already made up its mind here. Dean as indicated that he wanted to finish his three year stint at the Cows at the end of 23 which also aligns with completion of the C.O.E in 24 .
Only time will tell if Dean will be a success , he has a reputation as a hard task master and is credited for whipping the cows into the current force they were in 22.
Hasler is also a tough task master and proven two time Premiership winning coach , but at an age of 62 May have lost some connection with the younger players.

I expect Dean will be announced as Head Coach for 24 by at least Round 13 ( half way point) with Ryan Carr to get the interim coach role for remainder of 23.

possm

Coach
Possm
A lot of what you say makes sense, however with Griffen still at head coach the likelihood of Hunt moving to 9 is very low.
After speaking to Hook during the year I got the impression he wants to play Sloan on the wing, which is where he has played a lot of his junior football. Matt Feagai also played centres in the juniors and looks to be a player well and truely on the rise , so look forward to seeing how they pair together on the left edge.
As for Max Feagai I think he needs to stay injury free for an extended period and concentrate on his defence before he is seriously considered for first grade.
If Ramsay is unavailable, Hook showed us last year that he will probably use Mbye at fullback.
If this is the case Liddle will play 9 , leaving Hunt and Bud in halves and Bird at 13.
Look out for the young Storm Hooker Haele Finau as a bolter for the 14 jersey ahead of Mulheison.
In regards to Hasler v Dean Young , it does seem that the club has already made up its mind here. Dean as indicated that he wanted to finish his three year stint at the Cows at the end of 23 which also aligns with completion of the C.O.E in 24 .
Only time will tell if Dean will be a success , he has a reputation as a hard task master and is credited for whipping the cows into the current force they were in 22.
Hasler is also a tough task master and proven two time Premiership winning coach , but at an age of 62 May have lost some connection with the younger players.

I expect Dean will be announced as Head Coach for 24 by at least Round 13 ( half way point) with Ryan Carr to get the interim coach role for remainder of 23.
So, another un-proven old boy to receive a political appointment to head coach. Smells like another Mary esk era coming our way.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
So, another un-proven old boy to receive a political appointment to head coach. Smells like another Mary esk era coming our way.
As far as I can tell, Steve Price was hired as coach because he was a good bloke, he was hanging around, and people liked him. Ditto Mary. At least Dean Young has gone somewhere else and had a job somewhere else.

Latest posts