What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

thebigredv

First Grade
Honestly, if I were a betting man I'd be putting plenty on the Southern Dragons to take the spoon in 2023.

Daily checking this post for something positive and exciting and all you get is disappointment.

The standard was set by the club when they gave JDB a pay rise for sitting out 3 seasons.

Since then it's been more police incidents, more scrapyard buys, more dud coaching and diabolical injuries/suspensions with very few wins in between.

But lets change our name by ignoring half the supporter base. That will solve it...

possm

Coach
Honestly, if I were a betting man I'd be putting plenty on the Southern Dragons to take the spoon in 2023.

Daily checking this post for something positive and exciting and all you get is disappointment.

The standard was set by the club when they gave JDB a pay rise for sitting out 3 seasons.

Since then it's been more police incidents, more scrapyard buys, more dud coaching and diabolical injuries/suspensions with very few wins in between.

But lets change our name by ignoring half the supporter base. That will solve it...
If we are looking for a scapegoat to pin this sorry mess on, it is definitely not De Bellin. There were other clubs making offers and at the time, it would have probably been in his best interest to move to another club. Innocent until proven guilty.

The constant in this sorry saga are Peter Doust and Craig Young. Now that Young has moved on, it is Peter Doust. I say find a new owner and replace the Gordons and WIN Corp. The new owner to clean out the Board and replace it with members who a skilled and care about the future of the Club.

Then get rid of the term 'joint venture'. Illawarra Steelers have long gone. To me, this was only a term used to try and wipe the Club's long and proud history and never should have been.

St George Dragons should be the name and a restructure made to give Illawarra Steelers a very important role in the relationship. I would start by:
1. The new owner is to invest in the development of a Junior Leagues club being built for Illawarra Steelers.
2. Illawarra Steelers to be handed the job of Junior Development and Pathways Management for the St George Dragons.
3. Illawarra Steelers to be owned by St George Football Club.
4. All of the Junior League Clubs to be owned by Illawarra Stealers.
5. Illawarra Steelers to field their senior team in the NSWRL Competition whatever it is named at the time.
6. St George home games are to be played at Kogarah.
7. Illawarra home games are to be played in Woolongong.
8. A plan for the re-development of Kogarah and Woolongong stadiums to be drawn up and funding secured by the new St George Board.

This would be a good start in a positive effort to lift our Club to its rightful position in the League.

offiah

Juniors
Sorry guys if this has been previously posted by others, but I never see the “like” option anymore when I log in. Any tips; appreciate any assistance in advance…
Have you tried to see if you can isolate the issue? Try using a different browser first and then a different computer/device and see if the problem goes away. Then you can see if it’s something to do with your account or something else.

Qdf

Juniors
Said many time its the same old dinosaurs running this club to the ground , until , they are all replaced , which won't happen anytime soon the club will continue to be second rate ......
Yes agree, these people supposedly running our club are so out of touch.
They have absolutely ruined our club over a very long time. Inclusive of the shonky Gordon ( WIN Corporation) deal ushered in by that unscrupulous Peter DOUST. The sooner DOUST is sacked the better for our clubs future. Also the Gordon's have been very consistent in the fact, they have added absolutely nothing to support our club. It is like they are sitting on fence waiting for the Stgeorge part of the JV
to go belly up. The Stgeorge Board made another major mistake in letting these Gordon's in as our partners ( for 6million).Particularly when they had another offer of 11.5m.
Noticing that Peter DOUST then retired from the position of CEO. Only to pop up again on the board.
Now if that's not payoff for the dirty backroom deal with the Gordon's I don't what is.

Illusion

Bench
Yes agree, these people supposedly running our club are so out of touch.
They have absolutely ruined our club over a very long time. Inclusive of the shonky Gordon ( WIN Corporation) deal ushered in by that unscrupulous Peter DOUST. The sooner DOUST is sacked the better for our clubs future. Also the Gordon's have been very consistent in the fact, they have added absolutely nothing to support our club. It is like they are sitting on fence waiting for the Stgeorge part of the JV
to go belly up. The Stgeorge Board made another major mistake in letting these Gordon's in as our partners ( for 6million).Particularly when they had another offer of 11.5m.
Noticing that Peter DOUST then retired from the position of CEO. Only to pop up again on the board.
Now if that's not payoff for the dirty backroom deal with the Gordon's I don't what is.
You can throw Young in there too .....

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Can Saints do a few weeks without a negative headline? I don't think so. I cannot believe Junior would do something like this. How bizzare. Looking at him all season he looks so humble and calm yet he snaps hard at some tradie? WTF. This happened in Nov yet we are hearing about it now. How was the news not all over this before?

Lucky Saints held onto Sullivan. If they lose both Ramsey and Amone that will be sad as I was really looking forward to those 2 kicking on to become even better in 2023.

Gareth67

First Grade
The club is an abomination , there are undoubtedly many hardworking individuals behind the scenes who have the best intentions of the club in mind .

However I can not understand how the WIN corporation has the necessary knowledge of the game itself to be of any true value when making decisions on football matters ?

For mine there should be only representatives of the St.George and Illawarra R.L.F.C’s on the board itself - no reps. from WIN whatsoever .

Perhaps I am out of touch with the actual setup as it actually is , however to my understanding there are no Illawarra officials on the board

If they wish to finance the Illawarra arm of the joint venture all well and good , but keep entirely out of matters pertaining to the running of the rugby league team itself .

Last edited:

Latest posts