What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

brissiedragon

Juniors
Wow Spencer maybe also heading to the kennel

That is a mutilation of the panthers

Or is it a salary cap truly working?
Its obvious what the top teams are doing re TPA's and "other" incentives to be able to retain and entice players to their clubs and its obvious we and the other lesser teams arent able to do what is required to play the same game to keep up with the top teams. Its also obvious Gould has transferred these skills to the Bulldogs as there is no way that they can make the signings that they have and are reported to be doing without Goulds financial skills. The salary cap has failed miserably and is simply a tick the box exercise for clubs. Its all about greed, selfishness and the total non-consideration of the good of the competition. The top teams couldnt give a rats arse about the bottom teams. Sadly, with the current management, we havent got a hope in hell of success.

jak

Bench
Its obvious what the top teams are doing re TPA's and "other" incentives to be able to retain and entice players to their clubs and its obvious we and the other lesser teams arent able to do what is required to play the same game to keep up with the top teams. Its also obvious Gould has transferred these skills to the Bulldogs as there is no way that they can make the signings that they have and are reported to be doing without Goulds financial skills. The salary cap has failed miserably and is simply a tick the box exercise for clubs. Its all about greed, selfishness and the total non-consideration of the good of the competition. The top teams couldnt give a rats arse about the bottom teams. Sadly, with the current management, we havent got a hope in hell of success.
100% agree mate, we no longer have a sport

Dragon David

First Grade
I've just read how David Klemmer was shitty that Newcastle took their time with him regarding his future with the Knights with a year to run on his contract and only being 29. He had no choice but to sign up with the Tigers for 3 years with a mutual 1 year option. He thought that his final years of playing in the NRL would be up Newcastle way and has started to build a new home as he and the family were settled in Newcastle. His 3 boys have made friends and are disappointed to have to leave them to come back and live with Klemmer's in-laws. The Knights must not have seen any further value with him.

Klemmer is one player that we should have gone for in my opinion. The Tigers have got him and he plus their other recruits will get them more wins than losses this year.

Parko1310

Juniors

Sullivan's injury obviously means he's not in full training which looks like, even if he does play trials, will cost us the fans, him and the club. Jack Bird tipped to start the year at 6 instead (which would be ridiculous if Sullivan's fit) and BMM on the edge.

BLM01

First Grade

Sullivan's injury obviously means he's not in full training which looks like, even if he does play trials, will cost us the fans, him and the club. Jack Bird tipped to start the year at 6 instead (which would be ridiculous if Sullivan's fit) and BMM on the edge.
I dont understand this negative statement "even if he does play trials, will cost us the fans, him and the club". Why?. He has only just had the injury and all ready running. That is good news is it not?
As usual it is possible the Strain injury is not as bad as media reporting

Parko1310

Juniors
I dont understand this negative statement "even if he does play trials, will cost us the fans, him and the club". Why?. He has only just had the injury and all ready running. That is good news is it not?
As usual it is possible the Strain injury is not as bad as media reporting
I’m saying the injury will cost us because the reported consideration is Bird will play 6. That costs us (the fans), Sullivan and the club (in the long run) as everyone bar griffin (if it does eventuate Bird plays 6 in round 2) would rather see Sullivan play 6.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Isn't it more how injury prone Bud is and after the last set back (one of many now) they need to focus on significant preventative measures to maximise his chance of getting thru a season?

Ie play him early from the recent rehab at ur peril?

Long game is get him there bit by bit?

BLM01

First Grade
Isn't it more how injury prone Bud is and after the last set back (one of many now) they need to focus on significant preventative measures to maximise his chance of getting thru a season?

No he needs game time for us to benefit from him and also for himself at 1st grade level
But more importantly I trust those in the know in and around him and the medicos that they are doing the right thing not us trying to guess what is right.
Besides some young players are injury prone and their career never takes off. If unfortunately he is to fall into that category at the end of the day then so be it, lets know sooner than later and we move on.

justadragon

Bench
All I know is if Bird starts at 6 in the NRL, we will be no chance, do everything possible to have Sullivan ready for NRL I dont care about trial games. If something drastic happens in an NRL game then Mbye should be the 6, or we couldnt do any worse than maybe Sloane there. Either way its an awful situation to be in at the start of the season, the only saving grace is maybe we dont have these issues at the back end of the comp.

Illusion

Bench
That situation comes along only every now and then.

They are now getting raped and pillaged and will slip down the ladder whilst the "buy me a premiership" teams have the ascendency over the next few years.

Meanwhile other clubs with nurseries will come through in a few years time only to suffer the same fate.

That's why the Brown & Bennett years were somewhat a failure for mine as we should have bagged a couple of pennants on the back of that stellar period of juniors and judicious signings.
And also when we lost to the Dogs in the grand final by a point and won the other two by a point if I remember right , three teams in the Grand Final , I thought we will be in the thick of it for the next few years ......

The Word

Juniors

Could be Auntie. Lots of young players have hammy problems as they are asked to put their bodies under a lot of pressure from an early age when their bodies may or may not be able to withstand it - particularly the quick ones. Same happens in soccer. Different bodies react differently and often physios will have a specific plan for a young player to minimise the risk of a reoccurrence. Not sure if Bud falls into this category, but I'm sure they will only play him if it's safe to do so.

denis preston

First Grade
A
Could be Auntie. Lots of young players have hammy problems as they are asked to put their bodies under a lot of pressure from an early age when their bodies may or may not be able to withstand it - particularly the quick ones. Same happens in soccer. Different bodies react differently and often physios will have a specific plan for a young player to minimise the risk of a reoccurrence. Not sure if Bud falls into this category, but I'm sure they will only play him if it's safe to do so.
apparently healing faster than expected. Will be ready for the St. Helens game.