What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
I see Jack Bird gave him a few words of encouragement he did react might have been castigating himself over dropping bomb. But didn't sulk a positive in young people.
I noticed that too. It looked as though he second guessed himself over either leaping for it or staying on the ground. Just a bit of inexperience - not the end of the world.

Good leadership from Jack though.

blacksafake

First Grade
I noticed that too. It looked as though he second guessed himself over either leaping for it or staying on the ground. Just a bit of inexperience - not the end of the world.

Good leadership from Jack though.
I think he at times is too enthusiastic, especially when jumping for bombs. Once he gets that under control he’ll be ok. Even Tupou who’s one of the best in the air tends to drop some.

blacksafake

First Grade
I’ve seen Ponga have plenty of shockers where he’s made a heap of errors but the Knights fans aren’t death riding him. I barely seen one person comment on what was a pretty spectacular finish in the corner or some of the footwork he put on. People in here’s eyes are calibrated for negative aspects, aspects I believe are easily fixed, just like Brett Morris fixed his, Rava fixed his and the list goes on. I’m not saying Ramsey is the answer but can we at least give him a couple of seasons before we bag the shit out of him.
Agree 👍

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I think he at times is too enthusiastic, especially when jumping for bombs. Once he gets that under control he’ll be ok. Even Tupou who’s one of the best in the air tends to drop some.
One thing, I never see him let it bounce or hesitate too much he rips straight in even in heavy traffic to try to take them. Some of the balls he drops, Dufty would probably let bounce. Letting a ball bounce is a drop to me. Doesn’t go on the stat sheet but it means you were not confident of taking it. Technique can be improved but work ethic and courage not so much.

boardlumps62

Juniors
One thing, I never see him let it bounce or hesitate too much he rips straight in even in heavy traffic to try to take them. Some of the balls he drops, Dufty would probably let bounce. Letting a ball bounce is a drop to me. Doesn’t go on the stat sheet but it means you were not confident of taking it. Technique can be improved but work ethic and courage not so much.
Yes remember Duff refusing to attack a bomb few games back that probably that didn't help his cause.

BLM01

First Grade
All this talk about deficiencies but how bloody good is ravalawa!!! The guy never drops the ball anymore I honestly don’t see many wingers better than him in the comp
That’s stretching it a bit far but he has been good. He could arguably just miss or make Top 10 IMO
I have noticed in the past few weeks after his suspensions etc he’s not quite running the ball as hard from the back field as he was early on

slippery5

Juniors
As is going for the intercept, incase he gets run over..No one has ever seen him take the ball runner when he is the last line of defence, these are the reasons why Hook & that other coach wish to go in a different direction.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The confusing thing in all this is they say Dufty is bad in defense and not in their plans for 2022 yet they continue to pick him. Why not put Ramsey on from now if he is their long term option? It is bizarre.

I am thinking there is some slight chance that he may stay on as the coaching staff are not selecting anyone else which they can easily do and they are hoping Dufty proves them wrong. They must be holding onto some small hope that he proves them wrong to change their decision.

Saints play the Dogs this week so I am guessing the commentators will be mentioning Dufty being unwanted around 10 times during the call. They may as well say Saints are a fu#$ed club and letting him go.

LINESPEED

Juniors
The confusing thing in all this is they say Dufty is bad in defense and not in their plans for 2022 yet they continue to pick him. Why not put Ramsey on from now if he is their long term option? It is bizarre.

I am thinking there is some slight chance that he may stay on as the coaching staff are not selecting anyone else which they can easily do and they are hoping Dufty proves them wrong. They must be holding onto some small hope that he proves them wrong to change their decision.

Saints play the Dogs this week so I am guessing the commentators will be mentioning Dufty being unwanted around 10 times during the call. They may as well say Saints are a fu#$ed club and letting him go.

Slippery IMO the Duff issue is not dissimilar to Quade Cooper’s toxic comment re Ewen McKenzie & culture.

Of course Gus said there was no culture remember
... and the buck stops there with our less-than-illustrious fuc/king Board

Quade too was sent into exile & ‘marked’ after speaking the truth

(Ah the Truth
That elusive adjunct to corruption)

- Anyway, regardless of talent, he’d bruised too many official egos in stating the obvious

And with Genghis Young & son
in control at the end of 2020,
we had two massive egos, who, as longterm backers of McFlog, & with plenty of skin in the game, took it very personally as well

simmeringly so it seems

... and the vengeance of the Powerful wronged is being wreaked on poor Duff ATM

So yes this can’t logically be “football related”

- it’s personal, & the edict has come from above.

If Webb sacked the Chairman this would all go away

...AKA the ‘Cleanout’ that never happened.

Hook’s got his own flaws, but yes he’s footy savvy enough to keep picking his points man

... and he should be standing up to the Khan for the players’, Club’s & fans’ sake.

Players are entitled to egos as well

FFS ‘men’ behaving badly

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Slippery IMO the Duff issue is not dissimilar to Quade Cooper’s toxic comment re Ewen McKenzie & culture.

Of course Gus said there was no culture remember
... and the buck stops there with our less-than-illustrious fuc/king Board

Quade too was sent into exile & ‘marked’ after speaking the truth

(Ah the Truth
That elusive adjunct to corruption)

- Anyway, regardless of talent, he’d bruised too many official egos in stating the obvious

And with Genghis Young & son
in control at the end of 2020,
we had two massive egos, who, as longterm backers of McFlog, & with plenty of skin in the game, took it very personally as well

simmeringly so it seems

... and the vengeance of the Powerful wronged is being wreaked on poor Duff ATM

So yes this can’t logically be “football related”

- it’s personal, & the edict has come from above.

If Webb sacked the Chairman this would all go away

...AKA the ‘Cleanout’ that never happened.

Hook’s got his own flaws, but yes he’s footy savvy enough to keep picking his points man

... and he should be standing up to the Khan for the players’, Club’s & fans’ sake.

Players are entitled to egos as well

FFS ‘men’ behaving badly
Are you sure the CEO can sack the chairman of the board???
Duff is not a good comparison to bad boy Quade..far from it.
Yes we had poor culture but on field that is starting to change
Behind the scenes can only assume that is starting to change.
Yes the BOD are to blame for the mess we were and probably still are in but as far as football on field Duff or no Duff we are heading in a upward direction but it will take time and patience..patience we just about exhausted before the coaching staff got the flick last year
All coaches have flaws but least our coach as got the kahoonas to make change and try things as his football dept sdee it not just to appease the agenda driven commentators / media or short sighted impatient outraged fans
Dont see Brisbane rushing to sign Duff and offer a contract although the media begged them too. has Canberra so called interest formed into a contract yet. No rush to beat of the opposition there either

mickeylane

Bench
Only one team in for the fullback everyone here wants us to desperately re-sign.. that tells you something of the caliber of the player ... broncos officially out of running for Dufty and they need a FB! I still think both Milford and Mbye are coming to cover 1 and 6 ..

Gareth67

First Grade
I can’t see Milford doing any better at fullback thanDuffy has , I think he would also lack confidence in that position . Although Ramsey still has a long way to go before his can match Duffy’s attacking ability he seems to be far more confident in taking the high ball .

Yes he has dropped a few , but he does not let them bounce and that is something he has going for him , that plus he still only young and therefore he can still learn and plus his undoubted confidence .

I would prefer him rather than Milford who for me has just too many deficiencies in his game .

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
After reading the Chammas article in Friday's SMH I am coming to live with the Dufty decision after being totally opposed to it. He has been such an attacking weapon these last 2 seasons and this year I believe he has got better in taking bombs and has made some good tackles. However the bloopers ingoal have been very disappointing as has his lack of urgency in defending the goal line. And he still remains likely to allow a bomb to bounce which is usually unforgivable.

In terms of why play him at fullback for the rest of the season he is the best option at this stage. If we believe Griffin that he will be replaced from within the obvious candidates are Ramsey and Sloan both of whom have only played a small number of games in senior footy, whether NRL or NSW Cup. They have the chance over the next twelve rounds to develop their skills further to be better prepared for next season after another full preseason of weights and skills development.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Com'onnnn ( how to do a Leyton Hewitt in text) don't tell me there is a power struggle going on in the background with Craig Young involving his son.
I don't doubt it understand how power goes to people's head.

BLM01

First Grade
Only one team in for the fullback everyone here wants us to desperately re-sign.. that tells you something of the caliber of the player ... broncos officially out of running for Dufty and they need a FB! I still think both Milford and Mbye are coming to cover 1 and 6 ..
And you were going OK until your last sentence.

Latest posts