What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
Mbye's move from the Doggies to the Tigers was one of the worst career moves I've seen in the NRL, his form just went out the window under a new coach. At the Doggies he was like Dufty with speed, great backing up, and a great cut out pass with the bonus of being a good organizer at the back, also a decent kicking game. At West they made him captain, took away his kicking license and his goal kicking and somehow most of his talent. He was never the same. If anyone needs a new club and a new challenge it's Moses. I don't know if he can regain his form but at 27 it's a possibility. He's a fullback first and foremost I reckon and I'd rather see Sloan in that position for us. If he comes to us to replace Norman that could work, gawd knows the long suffering Benny Hunt could do with a decent partner out there. Mbye is a great organizer and talker on field with plenty of experience so could be just what we need. I worry about our young blokes though, Amone and Sullivan really are guns, along with Sloan they carved up the lower grades and won everything, they deserve their shot at the big time.
Yes, Mbye was the goods at the Bulldogs - can't remember why he wanted to leave to join the Tigers? I guess it was the money that lured him away from the Dogs?

He can cover quite a lot of positions and if he can recapture a lot of his "Doggies" form he might be a good catch for us.

denis preston

First Grade
Sure Mbye is versatile which is good for us but he is not an impact player. Where do we intend to play Amone next year?

Sua and Molo are on the up in their careers. Every other signing in the last year has been of a player with the best play/ body behind them. This will be another.
Exactly, sure brought in as filler for hooker but ends up playing every game in the halves and becomes a roadblock for Sullivan & Amone. Always go to the fans site before listening to any journo , as the fans really know their players performances & ability better.

mickeylane

Bench
More like 2 1/4
I don’t mind him either good utility can play anywhere in the backs snd 9
I believe he has football left in him and is our new Kurt Mann and normally good defender
Wasted at the Tigers for the money he got
His best position- I think it’s a half or 9
Will be the starting 5/8 and filling in at FB, Centre when needed w the young guys there as back up..

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
young guys not ready yet and will be eased in over the next 12 mnths....unless Mbye moves to No. 1 but not the way sloan is progressing
We mighten be having this conversation this time next week, let's just see how Bud performs.

Sloan in two first grade games has already shown he's our future fullback, so it's not completely out of the question that Bud can do something similar. Hell all he's gotta do is show a bit of heart and skill and he'll have Norman's number. Judging from his only game last year he got it in spades.

If Mbye does indeed sign, it will be as a utility and a good one at that

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
I think the hate comes from the $$$ they're paying him. A bit like Norman with us.
In comparison to Norman, I can remember watching a lengthy interview with Mbye when he was at the Bulldogs. He impressed me with being a clean cut, well spoken and, dare I say it, an intelligent young man. Just the sort of decent guy who would encourage juniors and not end up at a party during a Covid lock down. Remember we are trying to change the club's culture or lack of it.

BLM01

First Grade
I can’t believe we all (including myself) being content regarding an Mbye signing
This is what it has all come to
This is not a criticism of the Dragons it’s a criticism of the NRL and the lack of quality players across the board
Until clubs and the NRL make reserve grade relevant again and reintroduce an Under 21s comp or similar it’s only gonna get worse and worse as we develop less and less quality talent to spread across the clubs who can make it to this level

I can’t believe we all (including myself) being content regarding an Mbye signing
This is not a criticism of the Dragons it’s a criticism of the NRL and the lack of quality players across the board
Until clubs and the NRL make reserve grade relevant again and reintroduce an Under 21s comp or similar it’s only gonna get worse and worse as we develop less and less quality talent to spread across the clubs who can make it to this level
He is trash

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes, indeed you are right BLM01. That's the crux of the NRL situation with the player quality not sufficient to cater for all clubs' first grade squads. This worsening situation is not likely to get any better for a considerable time because of the restrictions that will be in place even through next year until there is a cure invented to stop people from contracting COVID. The vaccinations will continue even though people have already had double doses, everyone will have to be revaccinated just like the flu I am envisaging. So, the ability for the reserve grade/under 21 teams to come into being on a weekly basis could be a big problem and we will not get the chance to see the other non first grade players do their stuff, but I might be totally wrong.

TruSaint

Referee
In comparison to Norman, I can remember watching a lengthy interview with Mbye when he was at the Bulldogs. He impressed me with being a clean cut, well spoken and, dare I say it, an intelligent young man. Just the sort of decent guy who would encourage juniors and not end up at a party during a Covid lock down. Remember we are trying to change the club's culture or lack of it.

Yeah, Im with you on this.
I havent been sold on our latest signings, but this ( if it happens ) makes sense.

Latest posts