What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

thebigredv

First Grade
Just read that Tesi Niu is leaving the Broncos

Would anyone consider him a potential target

His got some real talent

I like him. Tenacious. Busy. That's going off three or four games so not best position to say.

Not convinced an outside back/full back is what we need unless they were marquee and Sloan is our fullback which I am more than comfortable with from the little I've seen.

Still, you gotta have depth right?

Mjab

Juniors
I like him. Tenacious. Busy. That's going off three or four games so not best position to say.

Not convinced an outside back/full back is what we need unless they were marquee and Sloan is our fullback which I am more than comfortable with from the little I've seen.

Still, you gotta have depth right?
I’m sure he’s keen to be selected as a depth signing at the Dragons !

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
This just goes to show that we cannot attract any "exemplary" players to our club even though as BLM01 said, we offered more for the 4th year than the Sharks for Finucane.

Rumours of negotiations with big named players linked to us to me will always be wishful thinking rather than a reality. Because really, who would want to join our rabble after the way we have conducted ourselves off the field with most of our "top" players (who are only making up the numbers anyway) and the indiscretion by a certain player late in 2018 and our lack of "true" coaching men over the past 10 years plus our current BOD set up, the joint venture itself and being in 2 geographical locations.

Cronulla from what I can see is definitely on the up. They have won a premiership by beating the Storm no less and they are building into a better business like enterprise.

We are just sailing along with what little breeze there is in our sails to languish in the bottom half of the competition infinitum.
Yep- my mail was that Bellamy was in the ear of Finucane about the relative merits of the bids for his services- Fitzgibbon, the defensive genius behind Robinson's successful Roosters reign and Bellamy are on the same page about defensive strategies so no doubt Fitz got a leg up from where it mattered.
Or- possibly the Dragons got carried away with Moneyball and wanted the Storm to pay half Finucane's freight- (just being facetious).

thebigredv

First Grade
Yep- my mail was that Bellamy was in the ear of Finucane about the relative merits of the bids for his services- Fitzgibbon, the defensive genius behind Robinson's successful Roosters reign and Bellamy are on the same page about defensive strategies so no doubt Fitz got a leg up from where it mattered.
Or- possibly the Dragons got carried away with Moneyball and wanted the Storm to pay half Finucane's freight- (just being facetious).
Whose to say BBQgate doesn't also impact on players decisions in instances like this? It's not only about money for some. The infamous 13 have done untold damage to our club and we will be paying for it now and in the future.

BIG RIG

Juniors
A talented player would only be wasted here and ruin his career from I can see
is he choosing to leave or told he won’t be re- signed ?

I know he can play FB it I’m happy try Sloan anyway
what else can he play
Media reports are that Broncos don’t have sufficient cap space to re-sign him

RedVee

First Grade
Disappointed to miss out on Finucane but pleased that they had a real crack.

However, to have Vaughn’s money in hand and still miss out just underlines the attractiveness of our club.

getsmarty

Immortal

Almost correct....we didn't put in a lowball offer...

getsmarty

Immortal

However, to have Vaughn’s money in hand and still miss out just underlines the attractiveness of our club.
Nope...more to do with the fitzgibbon connection...that was the clincher.

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors

As I keep saying the damage of the last decade is going to take a few years to clean up AND that is assuming we make all the right decisions on all aspects of the football operation over the next 2-3 years.

Unfortunately the same ghastly idiots making those very decisions (Gordon, Doust, Young etc) are the same imbeciles who have been making the key decisions over the last 10 years. These are the same goons who said to us in 2018 when extending McGregor's contracts that "we undertook a comprehensive review of all coaches in the game and came to the conclusion that our Paul is best candidate by far. We consider him a career coach". And they said that with a straight face. Upon that decision and supporting statement they all should have sought an immediate and urgent psychiatric evaluation.

You try to keep the faith, you really try and then the reality sinks in:

i. Andrew Gordon is still Chairman
ii. Peter Doust is still a Director
iii. Craig Young is still a Director.

It really is bleak.

getsmarty

Immortal
As I keep saying the damage of the last decade is going to take a few years to clean up AND that is assuming we make all the right decisions on all aspects of the football operation over the next 2-3 years.

Unfortunately the same ghastly idiots making those very decisions (Gordon, Doust, Young etc) are the same imbeciles who have been making the key decisions over the last 10 years. These are the same goons who said to us in 2018 when extending McGregor's contracts that "we undertook a comprehensive review of all coaches in the game and came to the conclusion that our Paul is best candidate by far. We consider him a career coach". And they said that with a straight face. Upon that decision and supporting statement they all should have sought an immediate and urgent psychiatric evaluation.

It really is bleak.

Understand re the Board...otherwise we are turning things around.

This year we have had a record number of suspensions....we were skinny for depth to start with ....

Molo and sua are quality signings...more to come....

Webb has been an excellent acquisition...Griffin and co need time to turn the ship around....

Ghostrider22

Juniors

It really is bleak.
The whole place stinks doesn’t it

BBTB

Juniors
Understand re the Board...otherwise we are turning things around.

This year we have had a record number of suspensions....we were skinny for depth to start with ....

Molo and sua are quality signings...more to come....

Webb has been an excellent acquisition...Griffin and co need time to turn the ship around....
Until we are able to change the governance and actually vote these three(Gordon, Doust ☠️, Young) out of our club. Nothing will change.

St Tangles

Bench

Don't forget they have Dugan / SJ / Woods money available all on par with the Vaughan money

Crush

Coach
Don't forget they have Dugan / SJ / Woods money available all on par with the Vaughan money
And players will go to Sharks for unders because they know what they will be capable of under strong management with the roster they are putting together.
The absolute opposite of Dragons.
Far out MCInnes must be so happy he did his ACL and didn’t have to tarnish his reputation with us this year, he goes to Sharks with his head held high, he got out just in time, same for Tyson.

Mjab

Juniors

It really is bleak.
totally correct
If the place was run properly and like a company every single one would be removed

You just need to ask them
what good decision have you made or participated in that truly benefited the club
Dousts last was signing Bennett in 2008
Thats a long time ago
Im still struggling what decisions the others have ever made!

U need smart successful people capable of making smart decisions on the board
Not the monkeys we have

BBTB

Juniors
totally correct
If the place was run properly and like a company every single one would be removed

You just need to ask them
what good decision have you made or participated in that truly benefited the club
Dousts last was signing Bennett in 2008
Thats a long time ago
Im still struggling what decisions the others have ever made!

U need smart successful people capable of making smart decisions on the board
Not the monkeys we have
True and correct.
These imbeciles
Have let our club
Deteriorate beyond recognition. They need to go.... It's got to be illegal.

Latest posts