What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Unsainty79

Juniors
Not sure about the Instagram rubbish, but his old man said on Facebook that he doesn’t want a release…. But some talk dragons are trying to offload him, no idea why, or if true. Talk of a Niu offer too.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Not sure about the Instagram rubbish, but his old man said on Facebook that he doesn’t want a release…. But some talk dragons are trying to offload him, no idea why, or if true. Talk of a Niu offer too.
If true it would be due to behavioural issues. But the financial tip in from us would be so massive to shift him I don’t see it happening under any circumstances.

Old Timer

Coach
Well if he wants to follow Vaughan out the door he won’t get anywhere near the money he’s currently not, not to mention the security of a long term deal. He should look at what’s happened, Dufty & Vaughan only signed on one year deals at a loser club & Norman has no deal at all!

Lomax needs to harden up & remember he’s a professional sportsperson
And if the rumours and innuendo turn out to be nothing more than rumours and innuendo does that mean Zac still needs to harden up and remember anything or does it mean that people should keep their tongues in their head and not jump to conclusions?

BLM01

First Grade
some people carry on worse these days than the media, mainstream or social who they thrive to cling to for information
It has to be lockdown or these days or our god given attained right to be outraged at anything so minuscule or anyone.
I suppose it is a rumours thread so keep those rumours coming.

My next one
Mary to replace Hook in 2023 as BOD realise their error of a hastily sacking after rejecting Bellamy’s application for a 10 year deal to coach then coaching director after failing the Clubs history Questionnaire

Last edited:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Brilliant post. Absolutely spot on.

The real clean out should be happening higher up the chain because we've been brewing crap like what's happened with Lomax for ages. The board must go. We need new ownership, a new direction.
Could Uncle Nick be persuaded to jump ship from the Roosters, buy out the Gordons and become a one eyed Dragons supporter?- nah- didn't think so.

Smirrors

Juniors
Regardless of the outcome, Lomax just publicizing his immaturity. Did he really need to hit the unfollow button and change his bio? Definitely feels like a cultural issue with players still not getting it.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Interesting that our top 30 squad has to be finalsed by Sunday. A lot of mystery around whether Mbye is on our radar, or anyone else for that matter.

However, before we start jumping to conclusions (aka the Lomax rumour), take a look at our current squad first.
We have 13 backs and 14 forwards (confirmed)

Backs:
Clune, Hunt, Williame, Ramsey, Norman, Bird, Sullivan, JP, Mat F, Max F, Dufty, Rava & Lomax.
Forwards:
Macca, Brittain, Burns, Lawrie, McInnes, Alvaro, JDB, Ford, Kerr, Maguire, Ellis, Poasa, Sims & Fui.
Total = 27

Now, what about Amone & Sloan who started the season as DS players. Have they, or will they, or should they been move to the top 30 now. If so, then we would have 29. So, what about Beale? Came on a T&T contract, has that already been turned into a full time contract player. If so, we now have our full compliment of players.

Now, back to the Mbye or/and anyone else rumour. If what I said above is true, then how do we squeeze Mbye in this year?

There were rumours that McInnes had already gone to the Sharks. However, unless we have cancelled his contract, he still counts on our list.
Maybe one or both of Amone or Sloan stay in the DS at least for the remainder of this year, or even Beale remaining on his T&T.
Any one of those would create a position.

The only other option would be Brittain, who has had his medical issues around concussions, so early retirement? Or moved to the DS (i do believe it's possible).

I await will anticipation, what will happen over the next 3 days.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Interesting that our top 30 squad has to be finalsed by Sunday. A lot of mystery around whether Mbye is on our radar, or anyone else for that matter.

However, before we start jumping to conclusions (aka the Lomax rumour), take a look at our current squad first.

Backs:
Clune, Hunt, Williame, Ramsey, Norman, Bird, Sullivan, JP, Mat F, Max F, Dufty, Rava & Lomax.
Forwards:
Macca, Brittain, Burns, Lawrie, McInnes, Alvaro, JDB, Ford, Kerr, Maguire, Ellis, Poasa, Sims & Fui.
Total = 27

Now, what about Amone & Sloan who started the season as DS players. Have they, or will they, or should they been move to the top 30 now. If so, then we would have 29. So, what about Beale? Came on a T&T contract, has that already been turned into a full time contract player. If so, we now have our full compliment of players.

Now, back to the Mbye or/and anyone else rumour. If what I said above is true, then how do we squeeze Mbye in this year?

There were rumours that McInnes had already gone to the Sharks. However, unless we have cancelled his contract, he still counts on our list.
Maybe one or both of Amone or Sloan stay in the DS at least for the remainder of this year, or even Beale remaining on his T&T.

The only other option would be Brittain, who has had his medical issues around concussions, so early retirement? Or moved to the DS (i do believe it's possible).

I think Amone and Sloan stay on development contracts for this year and then get upgraded to top 30 next year

Maddragon99

Juniors
And if the rumours and innuendo turn out to be nothing more than rumours and innuendo does that mean Zac still needs to harden up and remember anything or does it mean that people should keep their tongues in their head and not jump to conclusions?
My comment was posted in the context of the rumour of Zac wanting a release. Maybe this true or maybe it’s not. But in any case he’s let his teammates down by attending the BBQ & then having to leave the bubble. I think he’s got something to prove as a result & he needs to bring his best form when he returns. So yes in that context I think he does need to harden up.

Maddragon99

Juniors

Backs:
Forwards:
Total = 27

I’ve posted before I like the concept of bringing in Mbye I think he’ll become an Origin player again with us. The Tigers are a career blackhole & Mbye is a victim of this.

Makes sense to sign & extend both Sloan & Amone on 3yr deals this year to lock them up. There are a lot of players out of contract next year including Bird, Feagai’s & Sullivan so staggering contracts seems sensible.

Maddragon99

Juniors
To be fair the doomsayers will say Hook knew nothing about weekend at Vaughan’s so does that means Zac is going?
The BBQ happened under Griffin’s watch which clearly shows a lack of respect in the coach & the jersey. Remember the playing group was clearly told to keep out of trouble on the bye weekend.

I watched the 2010 grand final again recently to cheer myself up, remember Dean Young kissing his jersey after he scored? Is there a player in our current team that would do the same? I don’t think so.

Latest posts