What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I agree re Sims. I love Tariq. Tough as teak. I am worried that his good games are getting few and far between for us. He is the other side of 30 now and has played tough for many years. I am starting to see the speed of the game catch up with him. Maybe off the bench lets us nurse him through another season or two.

The other one who confuses me is Jack Bird. Granted he has hardly played for a few years ,and he sadly carries a chronic medical condition. I am just not sure where he fits.

i. Is he quick enough to be a centre? If you play him and Lomax you have two slow'ish centres.
ii. Is he really a # 6? I would see him in that role as being similar to Jack Wighton. Almost devoid of creativity.
iii. Is he big enough to play back-row?
iv. Does he have the motor to play at #1?
v. Or is he just the quintessential #17, capable of covering many positions adequately?
v. for me RD1

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I hate the Sharks more than any other team in the comp. I live in the shire. I went to school in the shire. I grew up the only one of my mates that didnt go for Sharks. My father is a Sharks fan as are my brothers. There is a fierce rivalry.
I am extremely frustrated, and actually embarrassed, that the Sharks are heading North whilst we are heading South.
My Sharks mates all cannot wait until they see the back of Woods and are very excited at the recent signings they are making.
I’m not a Sharks fan and don’t have a soft spot for them, I would love nothing more than them to win the wooden spoon.
But that ain’t happening. They are making the 8 again this year with a caretaker coach and injuries galore.
Next year they’ll be a top team and we’ll be yet again looking at trying to slip into the eight.
We suck. The board suck. Hook is useless. The players don’t give a shit.
We used to be the big brother and Sharks the little brother, how those days have changed. Embarrassing.
It’s sad, I miss the 90s.
I miss the early 60s- when we were top dog, Changa and Gas were untouchable and the Sharks weren't around!

Gareth67

First Grade
Just reading FoxSport , apparently the Eel’s fullback Gutherson is demanding his next contract be around the $1 mill. mark .

He is free to negotiate come November , I wonder if the Dragons would be able to afford that sort of money ?

He would certainly solve many of our problems .

TruSaint

Referee
Just reading FoxSport , apparently the Eel’s fullback Gutherson is demanding his next contract be around the $1 mill. mark .

He is free to negotiate come November , I wonder if the Dragons would be able to afford that sort of money ?

He would certainly solve many of our problems .

How much was Hynes available for ?

600k ?

That SHOULD have been our target. I like Gutho but 1 mil ...

Gareth67

First Grade
How much was Hynes available for ?

600k ?

That SHOULD have been our target. I like Gutho but 1 mil ...

Agree about Hynes , he would had been a wonderful addition to our team .

However if Gutherson ever found his way to the Dragons he would inject as much in attack - if not more than Hynes .

But the big bonus would be that Gutherson gets into his teammates ears and drives them on - that is what St.George Illawarra have been missing for yonks now .

His asking price I believe would be way above what we could afford , however what a pleasant change it would be to actually sign a most talented and capable player instead of players whom are at the twilight of their careers .

TruSaint

Referee
Agree about Hynes , he would had been a wonderful addition to our team .

However if Gutherson ever found his way to the Dragons he would inject as much in attack - if not more than Hynes .

But the big bonus would be that Gutherson gets into his teammates ears and drives them on - that is what St.George Illawarra have been missing for yonks now .

His asking price I believe would be way above what we could afford , however what a pleasant change it would be to actually sign a most talented and capable player instead of players whom are at the twilight of their careers .

I wouldn't say no to Gutho brother.
Just not at that price.

And I agree it would be refreshing to sign someone not at the back end of their careers. Thus my calls weeks ago, for Hynes.

I really think that kid is special.

Latest posts