What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Then why pay $500K when we have someone already here that may fit that role.. Rava. Betting he'd not make as many fundamental errors in the engine room. Can see him barreling over the top of blokes with his bulk and landing some big blows in defense.
Have you noticed that Rava hasn't been on the park much this year?

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
No doubt Kikau can be an excellent player, but that is also a huge amount of money that he is apparently asking for. The Dragons have been burned a couple of times by players on this sort of money. Still, our record is so poor that maybe we have to pay this sort of money to land a top line player. I am still on the fence as to whether Kikau is worth it.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Tariq Sims is also likely to stay next year with the only club he could potentially get a long term deal at this time being the Tigers
Tariq’s Manager: “I’ve got two options for you”

Tariq: “Hit me”

Manager: Option A, See our your contract and retire.

Tariq: “What’s option B?”

Manager: “4 year deal, $1m per year”

Tariq: “That’s awesome!! Where?”

Manager: “The tigers”

Tariq: “I’ll take option A”

TruSaint

Referee
Tariq’s Manager: “I’ve got two options for you”

Tariq: “Hit me”

Manager: Option A, See our your contract and retire.

Tariq: “What’s option B?”

Manager: “4 year deal, $1m per year”

Tariq: “That’s awesome!! Where?”

Manager: “The tigers”

Tariq: “I’ll take option A”

stephen-colbert-spit.gif

Gareth67

First Grade
$900,000 per season , way too much for that chap imo .
Is he a true game changer , can he kick goals ? For that sort of money I would expect the bloke to be equipped with an extra arm so as to rake the ball back when he packs into scrums !

Actually he is a good player playing in a very good team that just oozes class and confidence , but take him away from that environment and you will find a player that may very well find it difficult to create attacking opportunities on his own .

I believe that he is worth somewhere in the realm of $500k to $650k , anything over that and the club that purchases him - especially if it is a club whose team struggles on the field , may end up getting their fingers burnt .

Last edited:
No doubt Kikau can be an excellent player, but that is also a huge amount of money that he is apparently asking for. The Dragons have been burned a couple of times by players on this sort of money. Still, our record is so poor that maybe we have to pay this sort of money to land a top line player. I am still on the fence as to whether Kikau is worth it.

I'd pay that much for a star in a key position. Ie 1,6,9 etc.. Mindful of junior development etc. So definitely 9..

As good as Kikau can be at the panthers... we'd be paying out more money he's getting now for less impact he gives now. That Panthers side is enormous across the park and he can capitalise deluxe.... feeds off them. He can give them an extra gear... taking them from 5th to 6th...

I think he's worth that money in a top 6 team. But not so much for a side like ours which is well off the pace. Unless we get our go-forward rocking and our halves in order he'd be wasted for the most part.

As much as I'd love Kikau coming off the top turnbuckle for us... we've got more to fix that a bloke like him isn't suited to. And especially if it costs us 900-large..

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
A $million is a lot of bucks for a forward. That sort of money is for special players even giving Turbo that sort of money is a risk he is only a hamstring tear away from a long time on the side lines. Good players in key positions is the go like give me Manu but he might command a pay rise too.
The other million dollar forwards don't inspire confidence that Kikau will provide value for money if some team is silly enough to pay him a million a season- Taumalolo and Fifita have spent most of their recent matches on the bench due to a mixture of injury and attitude problems.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I'd pay that much for a star in a key position. Ie 1,6,9 etc.. Mindful of junior development etc. So definitely 9..

As good as Kikau can be at the panthers... we'd be paying out more money he's getting now for less impact he gives now. That Panthers side is enormous across the park and he can capitalise deluxe.... feeds off them. He can give them an extra gear... taking them from 5th to 6th...

I think he's worth that money in a top 6 team. But not so much for a side like ours which is well off the pace. Unless we get our go-forward rocking and our halves in order he'd be wasted for the most part.

As much as I'd love Kikau coming off the top turnbuckle for us... we've got more to fix that a bloke like him isn't suited to. And especially if it costs us 900-large..
Agree, 9 is the position I’d fork out for. Problem is we don’t really have the team yet to attract a good 9 on anything less than massive overs.

Mojo

Bench
The money that is talked about all-round is becoming absurd. Lawd knows how the salary cap system is intended to work but it seems clear to me that more money should be going into development of players rather than promoting ‘stars’ and ‘elite players’. It’s a team sport after all. It’s not about haircuts, colourful boots and media appeal. Just get-on with developing talent and forget about buying poster-boys.

boardlumps62

Juniors
The other million dollar forwards don't inspire confidence that Kikau will provide value for money if some team is silly enough to pay him a million a season- Taumalolo and Fifita have spent most of their recent matches on the bench due to a mixture of injury and attitude problems.
Yes Dragons should only offer what they can afford and only pay standard rate plus bonus for better than average forwards can't be a $million surely.

Trifili13

Juniors
I know this is a forum and good banter and people's suggestions and thoughts are always welcome, and I know some players have adopted to new positions or play multiple positions, but I think it's getting a bit silly. If we just look at the suggestions on our forum:
Sullivan who is a half to be converted to a hooker
Hunt who is a half converted to a hooker
Dufty a fullback into a 5/8
Rava a winger into a back rower
Sims a back rower into a prop
And I am sure there are more

And that's before the actual coaches playing some of the players all over the shop.

Here's a suggestion, how about we play them where they belong or if that does not work out we buy someone that fits that position like all the good teams do.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I know this is a forum and good banter and people's suggestions and thoughts are always welcome, and I know some players have adopted to new positions or play multiple positions, but I think it's getting a bit silly. If we just look at the suggestions on our forum:
Sullivan who is a half to be converted to a hooker
Hunt who is a half converted to a hooker
Dufty a fullback into a 5/8
Rava a winger into a back rower
Sims a back rower into a prop
And I am sure there are more

And that's before the actual coaches playing some of the players all over the shop.

Here's a suggestion, how about we play them where they belong or if that does not work out we buy someone that fits that position like all the good teams do.
What a radical thought, playing players in their proper positions. Next you will be suggesting that we let the coach actually coach! Where will this madness end? 🤣😂🤣😂

Latest posts