What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
Got my doubts about Burgess lasting a few games let alone a season. A report on news.com.au re his court appearance today has the following:

“The court was told this week that Burgess, who had been suffering debilitating pain from a hip injury, was driving to the pharmacist at the time of the incident.”

Oh my , someone is telling big fat porkies - either to the court or to the Dragons . I wonder which of the 2 is more gullible ? 🙄

Reactions: jak

Dragon David

First Grade
Aunty , all that you have suggested could very well come to pass , however this is where the coach himself must earn his money and ensure that these newbies - and our present players for that matter , are told exactly what is expected of them .

He must sit down with every new addition to our team and explain to each that they were not bought simply to fill the 30 spots at our club , nor were they given a contract to see them into retirement.

They play in the Dragon jersey , therefore they give their total commitment to each minute of each game that they play .

At least that is what I would be doing and saying if I was the man in charge . Griffin needs to weld this team of bits and pieces into a working group that is both dependable and capable of producing maximum effort right up to the final siren .

As a coach one could not ask for more .
Well said and true Gareth.

kit66

Bench
I still don’t think Sullivan is a first grade no 7 or at least good enough to take us to the semis…

He can play 7 or 6 and he's ready to go and I'm hoping he'll to lead us to the semis and beyond at some point in the future. Watch some of his past games if you can find them - the 2019 Koori Knockout final is on youtube as well I think and some hi-lights. The guy is a little master, he can lead a team and create opportunities, he's smart, enthusiastic, high energy and tough as nails. I think he's one of the best young talents I've seen in many years. Don't let his small stature fool you, the way the modern game is going little zappy blokes are going to be very handy not to mention he has a fine kicking game and can tackle as good as anyone.

This Year?

Immortal
He can play 7 or 6 and he's ready to go and I'm hoping he'll to lead us to the semis and beyond at some point in the future. Watch some of his past games if you can find them - the 2019 Koori Knockout final is on youtube as well I think and some hi-lights. The guy is a little master, he can lead a team and create opportunities, he's smart, enthusiastic, high energy and tough as nails. I think he's one of the best young talents I've seen in many years. Don't let his small stature fool you, the way the modern game is going little zappy blokes are going to be very handy not to mention he has a fine kicking game and can tackle as good as anyone.
Another thing that also impressed me when he played at Hooker. Wasn't overawed and just did his job. I was worried for him picking up an injury making so many tackles. His service was pretty decent, he always pushed up on the inside in support, put in a couple of deft kicks and was always looking to create something. I hope we get to see him nailing big moments.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Another thing that also impressed me when he played at Hooker. Wasn't overawed and just did his job. I was worried for him picking up an injury making so many tackles. His service was pretty decent, he always pushed up on the inside in support, put in a couple of deft kicks and was always looking to create something. I hope we get to see him nailing big moments.
Bet it impressed Griffin as well.

I actually crossed paths with young Bud last weekend. On top of being an outstanding player, he is a genuinely nice kid. These three outstanding prospects (Tyrell, Junior and Bud) are the future of our club, not only on the field but off. They are all level headed and playing the game because they love it. They are great ambassadors for the club and going forward they will be 3/4 of the spine we build our team on.

Dragon David

First Grade
I actually crossed paths with young Bud last weekend. On top of being an outstanding player, he is a genuinely nice kid. These three outstanding prospects (Tyrell, Junior and Bud) are the future of our club, not only on the field but off. They are all level headed and playing the game because they love it. They are great ambassadors for the club and going forward they will be 3/4 of the spine we build our team on.
All it will take is for our coaches to have and show full confidence in each one of these boys. To give them more confidence it is obvious that they need plenty of first grade games and get their combinations working with the #9. From that they will shine as per the victory song.

Dragon David

First Grade

Gareth67

First Grade
When I see articles as per the following, I just hope that during this off season our boys behave themselves so that the preseason proceeds without any hitches and every one of our players eager to start the season without any hiccups.

It’s a shame when young players whom are are earning a good living from the game seem to throw it all away when out for the night .

Is it a sign of the times we live in nowadays or perhaps having no common-sense ? 🤔

Dragon David

First Grade
It’s a shame when young players whom are are earning a good living from the game seem to throw it all away when out for the night .

Is it a sign of the times we live in nowadays or perhaps having no common-sense ? 🤔
I suppose it is a "boys will be boys" thing and when there is alcohol involved, they tend to forget how to behave in public and become hot headed thinking that they are somebody because they play in the NRL which gives them excuses to being stupid.

This Starling fellow is not a big guy but must think he is. He is a very good hooker and should keep his emotions on the field. He and Curtis Scott now have black marks against their names for repeated offences.

The Dragons boys have got to keep on the straight and narrow as we need them to build on a much better culture on and off the field.

Latest posts