What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

kit66

Bench
Interesting if so.
Pulled this from his profile from the Sharks:

Biography:
A local junior from the De La Salle Caringbah Club and Endeavour Sports High, what he lacks in size he makes up for with his courage and tenacity. A strong defender, had limited opportunity in 2020 with the shut down of the second tier competition but with a potential switch from the halves to hooker, 2021 could be the year he earns a promotion to the top grade.

What caught my eye was the "potential switch from halves to hooker" comment. Generally, he's a 5/8, and co-incidentally has the nickname Junior, same as Amone.

Surely he's signed for reserves only as we lack playmakers at that level -I don't includes Amone and Bud as hopefully they'll be in first grade most of the year.

denis preston

First Grade
We have supposedly signed Jack A Williams the half from Cronulla on a train and trial deal
Surely he's signed for reserves only as we lack playmakers at that level -I don't includes Amone and Bud as hopefully they'll be in first grade most of the year.
This guys only chance is to reinvent himself as a no 9 . What have we got to lose ?

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Anybody see the France England Test match?- Alex Walmsley was Beetson like with the range and skill of his offloads- plays in red and white for his club and his country- pity he's probably outside our price range.

Blood&Bandage

Juniors
I agree and hold a bit of hope Woods can do a job, particularly if he moved to the gong, which coming from Cronulla is doubtful. Gurgess is a gamble that could be an absolute masterstroke or worst case a depth player. If he is injured significantly I’d say he will be medically retired so probably not a huge risk salary cap wise. I will treat his inclusion as bonus. Molo to me is a mr consistent from what I’ve seen, like Lawrie and is a great signing. All the backrow players will definitely keep Sims on his toes and hopefully give us a good reserve grade squad which will help the players like Sullivan and co should he find himself there develop playing behind a better pack. All in all I think they were the best signings we could have made given the current state of our club and if we had that depth this year we probably play finals.
Good summary Forbes.

Dragon David

First Grade

I wonder if we will see this in the future? The draft system was deemed a restraint of trade in the High Court back in the early 1990's - the case involved Terry Hill . The NRL will be exploring a Rookie Draft system so we will see what will happen in a few years time I guess.

Latest posts