What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

denis preston

First Grade
Forgot about Ronnie Jones as Politis seemed to be there forever , but that chap had his wits about him .

Done a lot of the hard spade work to get the the tri-colors their first big name signings in many a year .

Dragged them of the bottom of the competition ladder and upwards and they have never looked back since , more so once the baton was passed on to Uncle Nick .

I am so damn envious of them
Yes, he brought in Beetson, Coote,Ballesty, Brass & Walters who all played for Australia. Dont know where they got their money from , their Leagues club must have been very profitable.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Interesting to read that the Storm have offered Brandon Smith to the Tigers for 2022 in a swap for Stefano Utoikamanu which the Tigers have smartly rejected

An idea that floated in my head is would anyone on here reckon it would be a decent swap if Tariq Sims went to Melbourne and Cheese played 1 year at Saints

makes sense as both players are moving on at the end of the year and cheese could play lock forward

only a very unrealistic thought but curious to see other forum members thoughts

Dragon David

First Grade
Interesting to read that the Storm have offered Brandon Smith to the Tigers for 2022 in a swap for Stefano Utoikamanu which the Tigers have smartly rejected

An idea that floated in my head is would anyone on here reckon it would be a decent swap if Tariq Sims went to Melbourne and Cheese played 1 year at Saints

makes sense as both players are moving on at the end of the year and cheese could play lock forward

I'm thinking that B Smith would not have his heart and soul in any other joint for one year. He'd only be making up the numbers as he would know that his final destination will be at the Roosters which, going from his love material in the podcast, is the only club he now wants to play for.

The Storm won't be giving him a good time down south next season I'm sure of it. Interesting to read about what Brett Kimmorley is saying about the Storm and that they aren't travelling all that well with players and so on.

RedVee

First Grade

Not for me. He has made his bed.

TruSaint

Referee

Respectfully, No way.

Dont get me wrong, he is a great player. He is also only about himself. A one year stint would be a disaster. Imagine, the playing group knowing " well he's off next year ".

thebigredv

First Grade
The signing of Molo was lauded as a positive and proactive one. Particularly in the forwards/hooking role I must say I am thus far really disappointed with our lack of activity/results in nabbing some decent players for 2023. November has come and gone.

I know the club like to keep things quiet but is there any talk of us signing anyone for the season after next? Anyone got a morsel to share?? We will require some reinforcements no matter how good the young guys go.

It seems other teams are just getting it done. Papali, Mahoney, Kikau would have been right up our alley. Nada.

I'm thinking that B Smith would not have his heart and soul in any other joint for one year. He'd only be making up the numbers as he would know that his final destination will be at the Roosters which, going from his love material in the podcast, is the only club he now wants to play for.

The Storm won't be giving him a good time down south next season I'm sure of it. Interesting to read about what Brett Kimmorley is saying about the Storm and that they aren't travelling all that well with players and so on.

possm

Coach
I'd say Sims will stay for season 2022 and end up with a contract at the Dolphins in 2023. Sims is a Bennett type of player especially at the point in his career.

Sims will have a blinder in 2022 in an effort to impress Bennett.

Dragon David

First Grade
I'd say Sims will stay for season 2022 and end up with a contract at the Dolphins in 2023. Sims is a Bennett type of player especially at the point in his career.

I hope you are right about Sims having a blinder in 2022 possm. That's all that matters.

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Dogs are 'all-in' on attack, but really lack depth in defense. Looking at their forwards, if they become dominated, having all the attacking flair matters not if they're not getting the ball. They're hooking stocks rely on JMK and a zero NRL game rookie who was signed from the Rabbits.

denis preston

First Grade

Sorry mate IMO he hasn't got a "blinder "left in him. Perhaps one or two games to get back into SOO but his body cannot sustain it for a full season. Glad to be shown wrong.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yep...be interesting to see if the change of environment results in more upside. Regardless wish him all the best except when they play us.
I'd say that as the Dragons know what Dufty is deficient at, we will be targeting him with high balls all game and taking the ball up at every opportunity at him to test him out. I'm hoping we play the Bulldogs at their ground because he loves scoring tries at Kogarah and WIN. He didn't score too many at other grounds when with us.

Latest posts