What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Puff

First Grade
Scum one in 55 years
Never cared about the scum. I care about our proud club, that was built around winning.

If anyone is content with how we are, then good one you. I for one support a club because of their values as well as their desire to entertain and win. This current club ticks none of those boxes. And it’s not they club I use to follow.

even if we came last every year I would be happy, as long as we were trying.

this club isn’t trying. That evident in the fact they won’t let their members judge their performance by giving them a vote.

Dragon David

First Grade
I don't think that the selection process of the Board of Directors at our club will ever change, unless some fault is found with some or all of them in a dodgy financial deal or whatever.

Like most of us, I feel the members should have a say in who should be running the place. But who am I to judge or change things?

BBTB

Juniors
I don't think that the selection process of the Board of Directors at our club will ever change, unless some fault is found with some or all of them in a dodgy financial deal or whatever.

Like most of us, I feel the members should have a say in who should be running the place. But who am I to judge or change things?
If you are a financial member,
of the STGI club, you have every right to have your say.
Get to vote at the election.

So are there any good rumors for this club. So far all the recent rumors.. other than say, Molo & Suli, have turned out to be duds and a waste of good money. Sua is not far behind that pair with his impact, but his defense needs lifting and so does his discipline.

Last edited:

Gourley's Socks

Juniors

Thankfully the perennially hard done by Roosters would be given a long overdue leg-up.

Aside from that, I'm not convinced the numbers are quite right but the Dragons are a long way down the list of junior debuts for a club with such a strong catchment area.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Under his plan, a player does not have to be a local junior to be defined as a rookie. For instance, Sam Walker and Joseph Suaalii would count as Roosters rookies because they made their first-grade debut for the Tricolours, despite spending time in other junior systems. It’s why clubs such as the Roosters and the Storm, with only a small catchment of local juniors, aren’t disadvantaged. Like the other sides, they would be incentivised to promote those already within their system rather than simply buying over the top of them.

So Teams like Storm and Roosters who spend literally zero dollars on developing players as opposed to clubs like Dragons, Parra Penrith etc who spend hundreds of thousands dollars running junior teams etc then have the likes of Rooster and Storm cherry pick the better ones by offering more money and then claim them as part of thiere Rookies and reap the benefits, why not just gauarantee The Roosters and Storm spots straight into the GF.
Sam Walker got all the benefits of coaching in Brisbane but Roosters would reap the rewards too funny.
Joseph Suaalii was ranked as one of the best juniors ever at Souths , Roosters stole him and they get rewarded.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Under his plan, a player does not have to be a local junior to be defined as a rookie. For instance, Sam Walker and Joseph Suaalii would count as Roosters rookies because they made their first-grade debut for the Tricolours, despite spending time in other junior systems. It’s why clubs such as the Roosters and the Storm, with only a small catchment of local juniors, aren’t disadvantaged "". Like the other sides, they would be incentivised to promote those already within their system rather than simply buying over the top of them.

So Teams like Storm and Roosters who spend literally zero dollars on developing players as opposed to clubs like Dragons, Parra Penrith etc who spend hundreds of thousands dollars running junior teams etc then have the likes of Rooster and Storm cherry pick the better ones by offering more money and then claim them as part of thiere Rookies and reap the benefits, why not just gauarantee The Roosters and Storm spots straight into the GF.
Sam Walker got all the benefits of coaching in Brisbane but Roosters would reap the rewards too funny.
Joseph Suaalii was ranked as one of the best juniors ever at Souths , Roosters stole him and they get rewarded.
A perfect summary of what the protected clubs are hoping to achieve. It is wrong in every way I can imagine! I almost cried when I read ". It’s why clubs such as the Roosters and the Storm, with only a small catchment of local juniors, aren’t disadvantaged". What a load of rubbish!

Dragon David

First Grade
A perfect summary of what the protected clubs are hoping to achieve. It is wrong in every way I can imagine! I almost cried when I read ". It’s why clubs such as the Roosters and the Storm, with only a small catchment of local juniors, aren’t disadvantaged". What a load of rubbish!
Ok that's it fellas. Let's just have the Roosters and Storm only in the competition and let them play every week. The bookies wont get much value when at the beginning of the comp everyone would bet on a Roosters/Storm grand final. Haha. I love it when I can just joke when this article is just shit if the NRL concurs with it.

jak

Bench
Ok that's it fellas. Let's just have the Roosters and Storm only in the competition and let them play every week. The bookies wont get much value when at the beginning of the comp everyone would bet on a Roosters/Storm grand final. Haha. I love it when I can just joke when this article is just shit if the NRL concurs with it.
we no your joking dave,but we also no your not joking, you can thank ron jones for a lot of this. ps sounding like your on the mend dave.

Dragon David

First Grade
we no your joking dave,but we also no your not joking, you can thank ron jones for a lot of this. ps sounding like your on the mend dave.
G'day to you jak. You know that I know that everyone knows that the Roosters are the goody goody good shoes of a club that the NRL thinks the world of. If there is any advantage with anything like the change in footy rules or change in allowing Suaalii to be registered under the age of 18 and whatever else, the Roosters will gain that advantage while clubs like ours fight to just exist.

If this new salary cap proposal is brought in and the Roosters and Storm capitalise on it, that will do me.

By the way jak I am indeed on the mend thank goodness and thank you for enquiring - I think that the antiviral drug that my doctor prescribed me - it's called molnupiravir - has helped a lot. I thought that with my lungs in pretty bad shape, the virus was going to have a field day but luckily things are good and I can focus on the posts of this forum.

Take care. DD

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Edit:
Sorry everyone having an angry day and posted in the wrong thread
Oh dear, it seems like "snouts in the trough" time for George and Pauline. Still, enough people must have voted for them to enable them to join the queue at the trough in the first place. I remember a quote from somewhere that said something like "people get the politicians they deserve". Sad for Oz.

Sorry, I replied before OT did his edit!

Old Timer

Coach
Oh dear, it seems like "snouts in the trough" time for George and Pauline. Still, enough people must have voted for them to enable them to join the queue at the trough in the first place. I remember a quote from somewhere that said something like "people get the politicians they deserve". Sad for Oz.

Sorry, I replied before OT did his edit!
Maybe we can start a rumour about a fat boy and a ranga lol

carltonsouth79

First Grade
Under his plan, a player does not have to be a local junior to be defined as a rookie. For instance, Sam Walker and Joseph Suaalii would count as Roosters rookies because they made their first-grade debut for the Tricolours, despite spending time in other junior systems. It’s why clubs such as the Roosters and the Storm, with only a small catchment of local juniors, aren’t disadvantaged. Like the other sides, they would be incentivised to promote those already within their system rather than simply buying over the top of them.

Totally agree. The “ purity” label is disingenuous. As you say, if adopted it would see clubs like the Rorters and Storm continue to cherry pick the best juniors from other clubs and then have even more financial incentive through a salary cap dispensation.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Roosters and Storm dominating the NRL over how many years now. Not a coincidence at all. Why don't all teams stop their junior team development and see what happens.

This type of rubbish can easily be fixed but the NRL just don't want to. By having no cap on juniors for clubs that actually start then from scratch is a good example.

TruSaint

Referee
Roosters and Storm dominating the NRL over how many years now. Not a coincidence at all. Why don't all teams stop their junior team development and see what happens.

This type of rubbish can easily be fixed but the NRL just don't want to. By having no cap on juniors for clubs that actually start then from scratch is a good example.

Ceasing junior team development will kill the game and our Club, but I get your point.

Last edited:

jak

Bench
G'day to you jak. You know that I know that everyone knows that the Roosters are the goody goody good shoes of a club that the NRL thinks the world of. If there is any advantage with anything like the change in footy rules or change in allowing Suaalii to be registered under the age of 18 and whatever else, the Roosters will gain that advantage while clubs like ours fight to just exist.

If this new salary cap proposal is brought in and the Roosters and Storm capitalise on it, that will do me.

By the way jak I am indeed on the mend thank goodness and thank you for enquiring - I think that the antiviral drug that my doctor prescribed me - it's called molnupiravir - has helped a lot. I thought that with my lungs in pretty bad shape, the virus was going to have a field day but luckily things are good and I can focus on the posts of this forum.

Take care. DD
as far as easts go mate you only have to remember the 13 import rule and who jumped up and down about how unfair it was on the poor club sorry i mean clubs who never spent money on there own juniors. good to read your getting back to your best. us young kids have to keep a eye on each other.

qld redvee

Juniors
But storm have all of victoria to work with and at least 1 qld cup team easts have entered a deal with central coast area
so why dont both teams work and invest in their respective areas ??? that way they themselves can develop talent with their money ..
If this proposal gets in then the team developing these kids should receive a transfer fee which "pays" for their development Failing that NRL pays for all juniour teams

Latest posts