What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Ghostrider22

Juniors
I think that this is so much a bulls..t rumour, it is not funny. I think Hunt has a 1 year option in his favour to take up which means his contract finishes at the end of 2024. Subject to who will be the next coach after 2023 (last year of Griffin's tenure), that coach might play Hunt in the 9 position and by that time, the likes of Muhlheisen, Sullivan, Sloan and Amone or any other youngster coming through will emerge full time that is if they haven't been lured elsewhere.

Bringing Munster to partner Hunt in 2024 to me definitely won't happen - no way. Although they patched up differences as per https://www.triplem.com.au/story/re...-after-punch-on-with-kangaroos-teammate-78471, I don't think they have a good relationship for partnering each other in the halves and what's more, what effect will it have on our juniors?

Before anything, the Dragons need to get the young guns playing together right now. Forget about this year and start planning for the next few years and get them to "grow" and experience full time first grade and toughen them up. No use waiting when we just don't really know how they will be - they could be crap but we have to see for some period first and if no good, then go for better guys and pay for it. No use hedging our bets - just do it - nothing to lose.
Dragon Dave

Do you think Shane will coach the Dragons?

possm

Coach
If Bird moves on (still has not signed), then the following line up could be on:
1. Sloan
6. Amone
7. Flannigan on 3 year deal.
9. Hunt
14. Sullivan

Coach Flannigan on 3 year deal

Dragon David

First Grade
Dragon Dave

Do you think Shane will coach the Dragons?
If Flanno wants to coach then I think it will be either him but if not, Cameron Ciraldo, Dean Young, Hornby or Ryles. When Flanno was an assistant to Mary, I think that he couldn't do too much as Mary would have had most of the say but as he has been part of the Dragons set-up in the past and is now involved as the clubs List Manager, he has some further "interest" and having a club like the Dragons to coach and ad to his CV would do him wonders. He is the type of coach that can utilise the players better than what Hook is doing and will have the necessary fire in his belly (like all good Dragons would have) to get us heading in the right direction. It is just so much a pity that Hook's tenure has been extended already for 2023 (mainly I think because he is cheap and the Club will not have to worry about coaching issues for next year).

In saying all of this though the question would be then why was Flanagan ignored for 2023 when Hook's contract was originally up at the end of 2022? Is Flanagan then not wanting to coach because he is "legally" free to do so now that his "suspension" is over. Have the BODs got Hook still on their agenda to be the coach beyond 2023. Whatever it is, They better not arse it up this time.

mightydragon

Juniors
If Flanno wants to coach then I think it will be either him but if not, Cameron Ciraldo, Dean Young, Hornby or Ryles. When Flanno was an assistant to Mary, I think that he couldn't do too much as Mary would have had most of the say but as he has been part of the Dragons set-up in the past and is now involved as the clubs List Manager, he has some further "interest" and having a club like the Dragons to coach and ad to his CV would do him wonders. He is the type of coach that can utilise the players better than what Hook is doing and will have the necessary fire in his belly (like all good Dragons would have) to get us heading in the right direction. It is just so much a pity that Hook's tenure has been extended already for 2023 (mainly I think because he is cheap and the Club will not have to worry about coaching issues for next year).

In saying all of this though the question would be then why was Flanagan ignored for 2023 when Hook's contract was originally up at the end of 2022? Is Flanagan then not wanting to coach because he is "legally" free to do so now that his "suspension" is over. Have the BODs got Hook still on their agenda to be the coach beyond 2023. Whatever it is, They better not arse it up this time.
He has two spots to fill before August 1. Let's see who he can land.

Dragon David

First Grade
It would be great if we could land Luke Keary if reports are correct that he has had a falling out with Robbo - a bit from Foxsports News "the bombshell rumours of the Roosters trying to offload Luke Keary, Angus Crichton and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves to make room for the Queensland five-eighth shook up the Munster sweepstakes". I think Keary was all set to join the Dragons in 2017 but at the last minute signed up with the Roosters ( a future father in law's influence I've been told).

I think Keary will stay at the Roosters and Munster will end up at the Dolphins.

SGMax

Juniors
It would be great if we could land Luke Keary if reports are correct that he has had a falling out with Robbo - a bit from Foxsports News "the bombshell rumours of the Roosters trying to offload Luke Keary, Angus Crichton and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves to make room for the Queensland five-eighth shook up the Munster sweepstakes". I think Keary was all set to join the Dragons in 2017 but at the last minute signed up with the Roosters ( a future father in law's influence I've been told).

I think Keary will stay at the Roosters and Munster will end up at the Dolphins.

I think Roosters will:
* keep all three,
* get rid of a token bench player
* sign Munster
* still have cap space left.

dragon thomo

Juniors
I would have both Creighton and Hargraves.
I believe Hargrves has been the best Front Rower for the past 5yrs or so.
Also i think he would still have something to offer on a two year deal.