What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

randomdragon

Juniors
We need to change the way we think.

It's nice idea to have old players but what difference would Barrett make under a coach like Griffin.

There's no salary cap for coaches and success brings money.

Here's what we do:

Go all out for Trent Robinson as head coach so that we can pinch him for the 2024 season if not sooner. Only then will a winning feeling return to this abysmal excuse of a team.
Robinson just resigned with roosters until 2027

AyiosYiorgos

Coach

It's nice idea to have old players but what difference would Barrett make under a coach like Griffin.

Here's what we do:

Go all out for Trent Robinson as head coach so that we can pinch him for the 2024 season if not sooner. Only then will a winning feeling return to this abysmal excuse of a team.
I think(Im pretty sure) there is a Salary Cap for coaches comes under the admin dept etc

BLM01

First Grade
Baden gone from the Dogs and maybe Hetherington next. Could Hetherington do a job for us ?Baden gone from the Dogs and maybe Hetherington next. Could Hetherington do a job for us ?
What’s the definition of madness ?
A team consisting of Heatheringtom, Rava, McGuire and Fuimaono - the suspension kings.. between them last year over 30 weeks in suspensions.. no thanks
This walking out of a club like a drop of a hat and potentially line up up against your old club like it happens shows how much of a farce clubs and player mangers are..and the NRL just happy to watch it unfold.
Nikorima was another one last week. I dont care if a club is happy to let them walk it is a slap in the face to sponsors, supporters and especially kids in a time when clubs are struggling to retain em.
Yes sign of the times but as I said before all players should be made to see out the year at the club they start with on Nov 1 at the least. Break the remaining years of a deal if you must but stop this switching mid season stuff.
I suppose Naden will be kissing the Tigers emblem on Satrurday and hugging the supporters if they beat the Dogs. Fed dinkum

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Baz would be good to get back to the club now that he is gone from the Dogs. Not as head coach but one to look after skills and juniors as per what he did at Penrith. He would surely be much better than what is there now as the attack is atrocious.
Barrett did not look after juniors and development.

possm

Coach
I'm worried about the future success of the Dragons. Despite hiring Griffin along with his preferred coaching staff, we are no better off. We are now relying on young guns that aren't ready to step into first grade mainly because we recruited 'experienced players' who are no longer effective first-graders.

I think the Saints should make a change now! Like in previous seasons, our chances are very slim.

For the remainder of the season, why not have Flanigan as head coach and Barrett as his assistant. Who knows, we may pick up a few quality players.

BBTB

Juniors

Here's what we do:

Robinson would be no good
here. STGI are a mob of tight arses. He wouldn't be able to buy a team like Uncle Nick buys him.

justadragon

Bench
I think(Im pretty sure) there is a Salary Cap for coaches comes under the admin dept etc
Can this be verified because I doubt very much that coaches like robinson and bellamy are on what hook is getting, and if we continue to have low budget coaches we end up with a low budget performance as we are seeing. Surely we must have the capacity to lure top line coaches with whatever the other clubs are offering if there is a cap in the admin dept, or is that being swallowed up by the pigs at the trough as well.

justadragon

Bench
This walking out of a club like a drop of a hat and potentially line up up against your old club like it happens shows how much of a farce clubs and player mangers are..and the NRL just happy to watch it unfold.
Nikorima was another one last week. I dont care if a club is happy to let them walk it is a slap in the face to sponsors, supporters and especially kids in a time when clubs are struggling to retain em.
Yes sign of the times but as I said before all players should be made to see out the year at the club they start with on Nov 1 at the least. Break the remaining years of a deal if you must but stop this switching mid season stuff.
I suppose Naden will be kissing the Tigers emblem on Satrurday and hugging the supporters if they beat the Dogs. Fed dinkum
Yep agree totally BLM01, my understanding is that the clause is in the contract which both parties are able to negotiate, if both parties agree then there is no stopping them, bit like when Bennett went from club to club Boyd had to go as well. But yes its not a good look anytime.

BBTB

Juniors
Can this be verified because I doubt very much that coaches like robinson and bellamy are on what hook is getting, and if we continue to have low budget coaches we end up with a low budget performance as we are seeing. Surely we must have the capacity to lure top line coaches with whatever the other clubs are offering if there is a cap in the admin dept, or is that being swallowed up by the pigs at the trough as well.
Yes when Bennett came here it was under strict conditions. 1.he didn't talk to anyone from the Board. Definitely not P.Doust.
2. He run the show (team)
3. He only conveyed messages through Craig Young.
4. Doust couldn't come near the footy team. Or the Board members.
Bennett asked for a 5y deal but alas was only given 3yrs.
Another DOUST disaster.
Yet there he is again on the board , with his snout back in the money trough.

justadragon

Bench
Yes when Bennett came here it was under strict conditions. 1.he didn't talk to anyone from the Board. Definitely not P.Doust.
2. He run the show (team)
3. He only conveyed messages through Craig Young.
4. Doust couldn't come near the footy team. Or the Board members.
Bennett asked for a 5y deal but alas was only given 3yrs.
Another DOUST disaster.
Yet there he is again on the board , with his snout back in the money trough.
Thanks for that, and all the more reason that we need someone who can call the shots and tell the board where to stick it, anything else is just a waste time , space, and money.

Dragon David

First Grade
Were screwed then.

Honestly I can barely watch these pretenders anymore and the man in charge mess up the only bright sparks we have left.

They've broken me as a fan.
Gotta stick with them bigredv. Like you, we have been putting up with this "pretenders" club and have been waiting for consistently better results for so many years and the commentary on this Forum has been like a never ending tape with so much outpouring of despair. These past 10 years have been hard for us in as far as the Dragons are concerned.

We lost the best opportunity to change things for the better when we had a guy by the name of Paul Smith, lover of sport and the Dragons and owner of the Sydney Kings and Total Sports and Entertainment, wanting part ownership of the joint venture. He put in a $12M bid to buy into our club but was snubbed by the club and he claimed he could have turned us into the “New York Yankees of Australian sport.

We know who we got instead and we have continued to flounder while Paul Smith's Sydney Kings wins the 2022 NBL Premiership.

Now that I have written this post, I feel broken as a fan of this once mighty club as well as you bigredv and I think guys like Paul Smith have lost interest in us as well.

BBTB

Juniors
Gotta stick with them bigredv. Like you, we have been putting up with this "pretenders" club and have been waiting for consistently better results for so many years and the commentary on this Forum has been like a never ending tape with so much outpouring of despair. These past 10 years have been hard for us in as far as the Dragons are concerned.

We lost the best opportunity to change things for the better when we had a guy by the name of Paul Smith, lover of sport and the Dragons and owner of the Sydney Kings and Total Sports and Entertainment, wanting part ownership of the joint venture. He put in a $12M bid to buy into our club but was snubbed by the club and he claimed he could have turned us into the “New York Yankees of Australian sport.

We know who we got instead and we have continued to flounder while Paul Smith's Sydney Kings wins the 2022 NBL Premiership.

Now that I have written this post, I feel broken as a fan of this once mighty club as well as you bigredv and I think guys like Paul Smith have lost interest in us as well.
12m bid, but Doust gives it to those fu.cking Gordon's for 6m.
How does that work?
Why did DOUST sell us out to the extent of 6m.
Then retired to miss the backlash from a deal that should have seen DOUST end his days in a jail cell.
Now he sneaks his way back onto the board.
What the fu..ckn hell is really
going on at this STGI club.

Dragon David

First Grade
12m bid, but Doust gives it to those fu.cking Gordon's for 6m.
How does that work?
Why did DOUST sell us out to the extent of 6m.
Then retired to miss the backlash from a deal that should have seen DOUST end his days in a jail cell.
Now he sneaks his way back onto the board.
What the fu..ckn hell is really
going on at this STGI club.
Bring in the ACCC to investigate I say!!

Harry Bath

Juniors

Agree The Board was actually in breach of its fiduciary duties by not putting the competing bids to its members

Dragon David

First Grade
Agree The Board was actually in breach of its fiduciary duties by not putting the competing bids to its members
But would the members had've been able to vote or make their recommendations. Some posts previously on the Forum suggest that we wouldn't have had the chance anyway. I am not too sure of this though.

Latest posts