What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

thebigredv

First Grade
Luckily we don't play them again this year. They won't end up with the spoon I don't think. They haven't got too many "hard" games remaining. Potter i think will improve them for sure especially after their great win last night.

I see that game yesterday as saying a lot more about the Eels. The Eels remind me of of a bygone Dragons team when we used to have a few stars but we didn't have that ultimate consistency and elite coach that could take the team that little bit further from good to supreme.

Bulldogs recruited brilliantly in the off season and will get an even better squad next year. They will come out of this very well.

Meanwhile when was the last time we won a game by 30? We'll still have Woods, McCullough and Mbye rolling around next year and will be losing fans by the thousands.

lombard

Juniors
I see that game yesterday as saying a lot more about the Eels. The Eels remind me of of a bygone Dragons team when we used to have a few stars but we didn't have that ultimate consistency and elite coach that could take the team that little bit further from good to supreme.

Bulldogs recruited brilliantly in the off season and will get an even better squad next year. They will come out of this very well.

Meanwhile when was the last time we won a game by 30? We'll still have Woods, McCullough and Mbye rolling around next year and will be losing fans by the thousands.
That’s over $1m of the salary cap tied up in those 3 players.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Cannot remember Saints winning by 30 in a while and cannot see it happening this year under Hook. Especially when are down by 12 and bring on the slowest hooker on the planet to get you back in. Wow, how sad is it to be a fan of this club and has been for many years now. At least Mary had us in the 8 early in the year and gave us some hope for some of the years he coached the Dragons. They have managed to go backwards big time after sacking one of their worst coaches with an even worse won.

Dragon David

First Grade

Especially winning by 30 against the Eels let alone the bottom teams which we haven't done this year. Even Kyle Flanagan is looking like he has more confidence now.

I think something definitely is in the wind about their next head coach. Whoever it is will have a good lot of players to work with next year - even if they were only getting Kikau, they would be more formidable but they also are getting Reed Mahoney.

Why would Ciraldo knock back the Bulldogs and coach the Tigers if he is thinking of it. I'm still thinking it will be Fittler though.

The Eels - what else can you say about them. This was a game that you would have thought they would easily win, but no, to the credit of the Bulldogs, their night wasn't one to remember.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Luckily we don't play them again this year. They won't end up with the spoon I don't think. They haven't got too many "hard" games remaining. Potter i think will improve them for sure especially after their great win last night.
I thought Potter had improved them even in the game against us. At least they started to attack with some purpose.

Are we on the nose with Potter? He did his apprenticeship with our lower grades.

Gomarchin

Juniors
Cannot remember Saints winning by 30 in a while and cannot see it happening this year under Hook. Especially when are down by 12 and bring on the slowest hooker on the planet to get you back in. Wow, how sad is it to be a fan of this club and has been for many years now. At least Mary had us in the 8 early in the year and gave us some hope for some of the years he coached the Dragons. They have managed to go backwards big time after sacking one of their worst coaches with an even worse won.
I was thinking the exact same thing. We get rid of Mary and bring in Hook - who has taken us backwards.

We thought it would take a good year to fix the mess Mary created but what mess will Hook leave when he eventually gets sacked??

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Not a rumour involving us but Buzz the dickhead Rothfield is reporting that the Brad Fittler has signed to coach the Bulldogs from next year - press conference set for tomorrow

Andrew Johns is rumoured to take over the Blues gig
Where is he reporting this?

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
A year ago we had 28point win been 2 years since a 30

Dragon David

First Grade
I was thinking the exact same thing. We get rid of Mary and bring in Hook - who has taken us backwards.

We thought it would take a good year to fix the mess Mary created but what mess will Hook leave when he eventually gets sacked??
Our attack overall under Hook has been poor. I can't recall too many games that our attack was great - the win against the Broncos in June 2021 was very good (52-24). I would be extremely surprised if we do this to the Broncos this year. It will most probably be a reversal in round 17.

randomdragon

Juniors

you're joking aren't you? Hook has definitely not created a mess. the only players signed to long deals by hook have been great, and the plodders have been given 1, max 2 years deals. stop with the bullshit

Gomarchin

Juniors
you're joking aren't you? Hook has definitely not created a mess. the only players signed to long deals by hook have been great, and the plodders have been given 1, max 2 years deals. stop with the bullshit
So you're happy with the way we play and who we've recruited in the last 2 years?

We're poorly coached and if it wasn't for B Hunt, we'd be running last.

Lindsay Moss

Juniors

Think it was always going to take more time than that but i am now finding it hard to understand why he keeps putting the same team on every week. I would love see bud get a shot at half and whether hunt likes it or not he should be our hooker it would just be better for the team and although Lawrie tries hard the game has changed and he is just a penalty machine i think kerr should be given a chance.

Unsainty79

Juniors
Nathan Brown is being shopped around by the Eels. Apparently to the Tigers but maybe worth an enquiry from us too?
Not sure what's happened to him, gone from cusp of Origin to not wanted by a side that is losing half of their forward pack next year. Given he's signed until end of 2023, he would want a deal until at least the end of 24. That's a big punt on an out-of-form 29 year old.

Unsainty79

Juniors
Not sure what's happened to him, gone from cusp of Origin to not wanted by a side that is losing half of their forward pack next year. Given he's signed until end of 2023, he would want a deal until at least the end of 24. That's a big punt on an out-of-form 29 year old.
Correction - he actually played origin in 2020

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Absolutely but compared to having Woods on the bench, it's an easy choice for mine.

SAP58

Juniors
I was wondering if anyone knows what has happened to Forbes Creek Dragons? He hasn't posted for yonks.
I was only thinking that yesterday, he was/is a great contributor but he did threaten to leave the forum once before after being given a serve or two as can happen on this forum.
I hope he comes back soon.