What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Parko1310

Juniors
Who read the Hunt interview. All me, me, me not what is best for the club. The egotist. And we have him for three more years. This is questioning my remaining a supporter of a club I have been devoted to for over half a century.
That's unfair. Was he supposed to say "i'm not necessarily happy about re-signing but everyone else will benefit". That sounds more egotistical than what he actually said. He said he's excited by the talent coming through and wants to be there to see that happen. But hey, any chance to rip into our captain, only state rep and only Australian rep who took a pay cut and less than what he would've gotten at Titans and Dolphins to stay....

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I would hazard a guess that @randomdragon s rumour relates to a player off contract at the end of 2023 and potentially the workings in the background are us trying to negotiate an early release or potential player swap. Pure speculation on my part but just my thoughts.

Also some of the degrading posts about a guy posting a rumour is ridiculous, that's what this thread is for. If we jump down people's throats because a rumour takes a number of weeks or months to come to fruition, eventually no one will have the gall to post any rumours here. I'd much prefer some inside word or whispers than reading constant whinging and negativity but that's just me.

Mojo

Bench
I would hazard a guess that @randomdragon s rumour relates to a player off contract at the end of 2023 and potentially the workings in the background are us trying to negotiate an early release or potential player swap. Pure speculation on my part but just my thoughts.

Also some of the degrading posts about a guy posting a rumour is ridiculous, that's what this thread is for. If we jump down people's throats because a rumour takes a number of weeks or months to come to fruition, eventually no one will have the gall to post any rumours here. I'd much prefer some inside word or whispers than reading constant whinging and negativity but that's just me.
Can I still whinge about the fact that rumours aren't facts? I find it really irritating.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Can I still whinge about the fact that rumours aren't facts? I find it really irritating.
Any major signing will fall into one of 2 categories;

1) A current rep standard player who will demand overs to sign with us

2) A former rep standard player looking for a payday to end their NRL career

Given the current state of affairs you have to wonder why a good clubman & rep player like Sims was let go for 2023?

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Random was adamant that Reece Robson will be back at dragons for 2024, potentially next year.
Not sure if that is the big signing?

Maddragon99

Juniors
Random was adamant that Reece Robson will be back at dragons for 2024, potentially next year.
Not sure if that is the big signing?
I actually hope that isn’t true, I’m still hoping that the current Aust International number 9 will be our dummy half in ‘24 & ‘25 given that he’s already signed with us

Latest posts