What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
Auto immune health problems are very nasty things.

Here’s hoping that the treatment regime gets him a full recovery and a normal life with or without footy.

Nice to see something positive about Hook and his attitude and I can hazard a guess that for all his funny ways of doing things he does have his heart in the right place in relation to his players welfare..
Yep..ask Jack Bird and his life battles

BLM01

First Grade
We can only wish Cody makes a successful recovery to this serious illness. Football should be the last thing on his and his family’s minds at present.
Good on Hook as well for his care and compassion to his players. I’m sure it is most appreciated by Cody & family.
May the Saints look after this young man 🙏
Whilst it was a good? or bad? whichever way you look it news story, the part about the coach's actions would happen or be expected at any NRL club.
Least Cody's mother called him out which is a honourable thing in times of enormous worry for Cody's family but I cant help think the same media that have bagged Hook all spring took it as an opportunity or was asked by our club to provide some balance for poor old Griffo.

My daughter contracted Crohns disease when she was 8 yrs old (we think). This is very similar to what Cody has and my daughter was on exactly the same drug as him.Unfortunately she couldnt tolerate the drug and was put on to another less effective drug. These drugs do work wonders and once the swelling and ulcers are under control, I think you'll find him back quicker than you think, if the media stories are correct. My daughters condition was detected too late so she had a Ileostomy straight away, so lets just hope theyve caught his early and get it under control. Either way life for him will be hard, but its not the end of the world. Lets all just hope for the best

Mojo

Bench
My daughter contracted Crohns disease when she was 8 yrs old (we think). This is very similar to what Cody has and my daughter was on exactly the same drug as him.Unfortunately she couldnt tolerate the drug and was put on to another less effective drug. These drugs do work wonders and once the swelling and ulcers are under control, I think you'll find him back quicker than you think, if the media stories are correct. My daughters condition was detected too late so she had a Ileostomy straight away, so lets just hope theyve caught his early and get it under control. Either way life for him will be hard, but its not the end of the world. Lets all just hope for the best
Best wishes man. The way kids cope with illness is always humbling and amazing and parents of kids who are suffering are heroic.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
No, I’m not sure. I’m expressing hope. Re Flanagan: integrity is the main ingredient in sustainable success. Hence, I‘d give Cody a better long term prognosis than Shane.
Sorry @Mojo , I was having a sly dig that Flanagan had been supplying the "wonder drug" you mentioned to his Cronulla players, but couldn't supply the drug to Cody because he had moved on to Manly. A poor attempt at humour I guess.

blacksafake

First Grade
Yep- unfortunately, auto immune disorders don't respect age. My wife was 19 when she was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and many children are much younger. Jack was very young when he contracted Rhumatoid Arthritis. You can be unlucky in life's genetic
My youngest daughter was 8 when diagnosed with Type 1.
We only found out because she went into a coma for over 7 hours.
She’s now 18 & doing ok but there has been many struggles, especially during puberty.

I’m now undergoing tests for either Crohn’s or IRB.

Dragon David

First Grade
To all the sufferers. Not only with the Dragons but ourselves, keep fighting and take care.

Many of us have had medical dramas with family, friends and ourselves and as we are getting older some other form of illness besets us which is a damn shame. But we must keep as active as possible and maintain a healthy mind and spirit guys.

All the best fellas.

jak

Bench
To all the sufferers. Not only with the Dragons but ourselves, keep fighting and take care.

Many of us have had medical dramas with family, friends and ourselves and as we are getting older some other form of illness besets us which is a damn shame. But we must keep as active as possible and maintain a healthy mind and spirit guys.

All the best fellas.
well said dave

Slippery Morris

First Grade

All the best fellas.
Great post. Well said Dragon Dave and all the best to the sufferers. Hopefully Saints will ease some of that pain with a solid 2023 to get your minds off your daily struggles.

Dragon David

First Grade
Great post. Well said Dragon Dave and all the best to the sufferers. Hopefully Saints will ease some of that pain with a solid 2023 to get your minds off your daily struggles.
Thanks Slippery, Jak and Blacksafake and others. I'm so glad that we can use this Forum to express our opinions on nearly everything that is on our minds. Communicating between us all helps my days that's for sure.

Don't be surprised that we will be a much better drilled team next year. Whether or not this will result in us winning more games than we did in 2022 is a wait and see. I'm sure that the kids will be doing their utmost in every game.

I'm hoping that the guys will be bonding together a lot more on and off the field. The younger ones will be used a fair bit especially the up and coming forwards. We maybe just need one stronger/bigger/hard running enforcer prop to be signed up.

I'm seeing us with plenty of success next year.

Latest posts