What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

qld redvee

Juniors
just gotta get our 3rd party act together as well as stop paying players like Debellin 150k more than we should.
Denis
thats one of the main problems paying overs for players you mention JDB ,, bird lomax suli have probably also been overpaid ,, MBYE he could be on too much , then we get caught and have to extend woods for another year.. all this bites into the cap

Parko1310

Juniors
BMM joined the Warriors as a second rower if I'm not mistaken. Whilst I think he's better suited to prop, the lack of any decent second rowers on the market coupled with the fact that we have no first grade standard second rower other than Su'a makes me think BMM could end up in the second row. Definitely a better prop, but we may be getting the best we can on the market in the second row. I'd be shocked if that's our last signing before the season kicks off so maybe a Tapau for example to bolster the front row and then we're looking at something along the lines of:

8. De Belin
9. Liddle
10. F Molo
11. BMM
12. Su'a
13. Bird
14. Sullivan/Mbye
15. Tapau (just as example, could be another prop brought in)
16. Lawrie
17. Musgrove

BMM's fitness would concern me if this were to be the case, so maybe we're eying off another second rower or we'll have to play Burns/Fui off the bench as I personally don't like the idea of, for example, shifting Bird from lock to second row mid game, with de Belin moving to 13. In short, f**k we need a second rower. Another decent prop would be nice too.

HenryTatana

Juniors
Are any of the forwards we have signed better than what we got rid of… Tariq Sins??

if the answer is no then we are just going around in circles with no plan into the future
Hook not only goes to the clearance bin but is always on the lookout for 2 for the price of 1.

possm

Coach
The equation Sims + Ford = David Fifita, seemed to be the way forward for the Dragons. What happened?

Gareth67

First Grade
The equation Sims + Ford = David Fifita, seemed to be the way forward for the Dragons. What happened?
You missed the Board meeting pos when the rest of the Dragon bigwigs made the decision not to make Fifita an offer . 🙄

kit66

Bench
BMM joined the Warriors as a second rower if I'm not mistaken. Whilst I think he's better suited to prop, the lack of any decent second rowers on the market coupled with the fact that we have no first grade standard second rower other than Su'a makes me think BMM could end up in the second row. Definitely a better prop, but we may be getting the best we can on the market in the second row. I'd be shocked if that's our last signing before the season kicks off so maybe a Tapau for example to bolster the front row and then we're looking at something along the lines of:

8. De Belin
9. Liddle
10. F Molo
11. BMM
12. Su'a
13. Bird
14. Sullivan/Mbye
15. Tapau (just as example, could be another prop brought in)
16. Lawrie
17. Musgrove

BMM's fitness would concern me if this were to be the case, so maybe we're eying off another second rower or we'll have to play Burns/Fui off the bench as I personally don't like the idea of, for example, shifting Bird from lock to second row mid game, with de Belin moving to 13. In short, f**k we need a second rower. Another decent prop would be nice too.

In all his SL highlights above BMM has the 13 on his back. He played starting prop or bench prop mostly for the Warriors this year. Not sure if he played any 2nd row, although he's still on the Warriors NRL.com player page as a 2nd Row.
I like Bird but he's a real liability in the forwards, the guy misses far too many tackles, 4,5 and 6 a game, one game he missed 10 tackles, that's unacceptable and his first up contact isn't great either. 2nd row maybe but not Lock.

• Wow
Reactions: Qdf

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Having a backrow of Bird, JDB and Su'a is the way to go. Would be lethal. Why should JDB play at prop because of a dope who has not blooded any junior props instead focuses on ill disciplined has-beens from other clubs? If JDB was to play for any of the top clubs he would not be a prop that is for sure but somewhere in the backrow.

Old Timer

Coach
Having a backrow of Bird, JDB and Su'a is the way to go. Would be lethal. Why should JDB play at prop because of a dope who has not blooded any junior props instead focuses on ill disciplined has-beens from other clubs? If JDB was to play for any of the top clubs he would not be a prop that is for sure but somewhere in the backrow.
Where would you play Hunt?

Parko1310

Juniors
In all his SL highlights above BMM has the 13 on his back. He played starting prop or bench prop mostly for the Warriors this year. Not sure if he played any 2nd row, although he's still on the Warriors NRL.com player page as a 2nd Row.
I like Bird but he's a real liability in the forwards, the guy misses far too many tackles, 4,5 and 6 a game, one game he missed 10 tackles, that's unacceptable and his first up contact isn't great either. 2nd row maybe but not Lock.
I’d argue Bird misses most of those tackles because of arm grabs he makes because he’s rushed up past the ball. His defensive decision making is unbelievably bad, and it’s exposed constantly on the edge. Once he gets a proper hold of them he doesn’t tend to fall off too often. I’m thinking putting him in the middle where he doesn’t have to make defensive decisions is better for us in attack and defence.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Where would you play Hunt?
Which one Jayden Hunt or Ben? Jayden should have had heaps more of a run in the forwards and we would know more what is his best spot.
As for Ben, he should be the No.9 as he is can easily be the best No.9 in the comp I feel. I cannot see him taking Cleary, Munster or DCE's halves spots at rep level, yet can be the clear cut 1st choice pick for No,9 at rep level as he has proven to be a huge asset in that position. He should look to help Jayden Sullivan become the best No.7 by providing the best service he can get out of all the hookers at Saint's disposal. He can easily be like Cam Smith was to Cooper Cronk, Jahrome Hughes and whoever before them. With Hunt at 9, Jayden will absolutely kill it and having Hunt, Sullivan and Amone on the field at the same time is surely the best chance for Saints to have a killer attack. The opposition will surely be on their toes not knowing who will strike out of the 3.

BIG RIG

Juniors
The off-season from hell continues as Junior Amone is arrested for an altercation with a tradie and chasing him with a hammer