What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
Wrestling , fighting or just plain hitting one another over their big heads with a pool cue , still bringing the game into disrepute !

Should be barred from playing for at least a few weeks . Talking about our kids looking up to their heroes , the poor little devils will have to be down in the gutter to do so . 😳

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Just read that Dragons will miss out on Spencer Lenui to the Dogs because they were sluggish in their attempts to sign him. Dogs made aware of Saints stalling and quickly went in and got the deal done. What a joke the Saints recruitment has become.

I was really hoping they would get him. How sad is that. Another Panther to the Dogs.

It was on an NRL Facebook page and I cannot remember which one.

justadragon

Bench
Just read that Dragons will miss out on Spencer Lenui to the Dogs because they were sluggish in their attempts to sign him. Dogs made aware of Saints stalling and quickly went in and got the deal done. What a joke the Saints recruitment has become.

I was really hoping they would get him. How sad is that. Another Panther to the Dogs.

Difference is the Dogs are run by members who demand action and success, we are run by morons who demand the best catering at board meetings

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

Yes- and the perception we are now a second-rate, regional team will mean that we have to pay more than eg the Roosters to attract the elite players that we desperately need. I would like the Dragons to target Jeremiah Nanai for 2024 and beyond but, with the 22% pay increase, we may have to offer close to $2million/season for a minimum 5 years to get him to come down to the Gong. That sort of deal has the potential to cause divisions in a club.

Dragon David

First Grade

Boy I would love to see how the Dogs manage their cap when the contracts on most of the guys just signed by them come to the effective years end and what they would need to pay them for new contracts. Anyway, that will be their problem but in the meantime (2023 and 2024) they had better perform or they will be a laughing stock. Some players like to take the money but just do enough on the field and not overwhelming.

The Dragons recruitment is very stifled and suffer from procrastination and have no idea how to seal a deal on players of any note and calibre.

The Dogs have a guy like Gus who will not tolerate crap given out by media people - one example is that young kid Khaled Rajab who Gus said loves the club and basically not going anywhere. At least Gus comes out and lampoons the media when they have a go at the club while our Dragons spokespeople say nothing until months later.

lombard

Juniors

Why are we bothering with another backup hooker? Don’t we already have 3?
Some decent edges and some props would be ace
We need more hookers for the end of season function so players turn up this year. 😀

Dragon David

First Grade
Would be a good pick-up but unlikely and most probably remain at the Cowboys.

Ben Haran, the Dragons' football manager, confirmed he'd spoken to Nanai's agent, Sam Ayoub, already.

“I'm of the understanding he's likely to stay at the Cowboys,” Haran told The Daily Telegraph.

“However if that changes we'd be interested.

“At this stage we haven't spoken to the player but we've spoken to Sam (Ayoub).”

denis preston

First Grade
Would be a good pick-up but unlikely and most probably remain at the Cowboys.

Ben Haran, the Dragons' football manager, confirmed he'd spoken to Nanai's agent, Sam Ayoub, already.

“I'm of the understanding he's likely to stay at the Cowboys,” Haran told The Daily Telegraph.

“However if that changes we'd be interested.

“At this stage we haven't spoken to the player but we've spoken to Sam (Ayoub).”
Haran already giving excuses on another failed signing.

Parko1310

Juniors
"If that changes we'd be interested". f**k me, how about being proactive and doing whatever you can to sell the future of the club and the vision you have. If you sit and wait, does Haran honestly think there's a chance Nanai will one day wake up and think to himself "maybe I'll check out the Dragons and see what they've got to offer". Seriously, I honestly didn't know too much about Haran so reserved judgement on whether he was incompetent or not in this space, but that is bewildering.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Yes- and the perception we are now a second-rate, regional team will mean that we have to pay more than eg the Roosters to attract the elite players that we desperately need. I would like the Dragons to target Jeremiah Nanai for 2024 and beyond but, with the 22% pay increase, we may have to offer close to $2million/season for a minimum 5 years to get him to come down to the Gong. That sort of deal has the potential to cause divisions in a club.

Seriously? I used to live in Canterbury many years ago but have you driven through there recently? Every second shop along Canterbury road is vacant and derelict. Comparisons to the South coast is laughable.

Kolum Kid

Juniors
"If that changes we'd be interested". f**k me, how about being proactive and doing whatever you can to sell the future of the club and the vision you have. If you sit and wait, does Haran honestly think there's a chance Nanai will one day wake up and think to himself "maybe I'll check out the Dragons and see what they've got to offer". Seriously, I honestly didn't know too much about Haran so reserved judgement on whether he was incompetent or not in this space, but that is bewildering.
I must admit l've been wondering about Haran myself. For such an important position in the club management he sure keeps a low profile when what we need is someone out there cultavating relationships with players and their managers

Latest posts