What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
We have invested in Kerr for the last 5 or so years, just as he is coming into some form and maturing as a Prop, we let him go, yes if this was 2022 i would have said see ya later no biggie, some will say he doesnt have enough aggression but this year he has shown that there is improvement in him, would have been worth another contract, at about 196cm and 110+kg we could have used him better last year.
Anyway lets see who we replace him with, i think thats 4 spots available for next year not including some other that we havent signed up as yet..

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Kerr leaving was more than likely when the Dolphins entered the Como

Makes sense why we went hard for W fafita same height weight approx but I would argue ahead at same age and harder and stronger

5 yes younger and if he shows more development next couple weeks he may replace Kerr on the bench

twinkletoes

Juniors
So we’ve let Kerr go when he is starting to make an impact. I’d like to know who is making the roster decisions which will impact next season when most likely but not certainly we’ll have a new coach. The same applies to a large number of players who will off contract after this season…who’s making the strategic calls that will impact next year and beyond…. Is it still Hook and Haran??

TheRev

Coach
It's our standard gig.. carry young forwards for years, blood them, get them game time.. then lose them as they reach their peak age.

Kerr is a bit different in that he also ran like a stream train all through 2022 also, but the coach flat out doesn't like him.. didn't talk to him.. and didn't pick him.. so you can understand why Kerr would want out.

Musgrove may be the next guy in that boat.. ur either 'right in' or ur 'right out' with Hook.

Harry Bath

Juniors
It's our standard gig.. carry young forwards for years, blood them, get them game time.. then lose them as they reach their peak age.

Kerr is a bit different in that he also ran like a stream train all through 2022 also, but the coach flat out doesn't like him.. didn't talk to him.. and didn't pick him.. so you can understand why Kerr would want out.

Musgrove may be the next guy in that boat.. ur either 'right in' or ur 'right out' with Hook.
I hope to God Kerr does not become another Brent Kite, he went to Manly after Brown shifted him to Front Row, took his bad hands out of play he then became a regular State of Origin and Australian prop

since77

Juniors
So we’ve let Kerr go when he is starting to make an impact. I’d like to know who is making the roster decisions which will impact next season when most likely but not certainly we’ll have a new coach. The same applies to a large number of players who will off contract after this season…who’s making the strategic calls that will impact next year and beyond…. Is it still Hook and Haran??
What do you mean “we’ve let him go”? If you are Kerr are you choosing to languish here under Griffin and as yet unknown coach in ‘24 or go back to his home turf and play under one of the best coaches in the NRL and be part of a decent forward pack? No brainer for Kerr.
We didn’t let him go, he jumped off a sinking ship and he was smart to do so.

Dragon David

First Grade
What do you mean “we’ve let him go”? If you are Kerr are you choosing to languish here under Griffin and as yet unknown coach in ‘24 or go back to his home turf and play under one of the best coaches in the NRL and be part of a decent forward pack? No brainer for Kerr.
We didn’t let him go, he jumped off a sinking ship and he was smart to do so.
I said in the Josh Kerr Departs thread this -
"I think that Josh will do well under Bennett. Lucky man in my opinion."

and I say it again " I think that Josh Kerr will do well under Bennett. Lucky man in my opinion".

I'm sure that there would be several of the other guys in our squad willing to jump off our sinking ship and be coached by Bennett and Woolf.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
I hope to God Kerr does not become another Brent Kite, he went to Manly after Brown shifted him to Front Row, took his bad hands out of play he then became a regular State of Origin and Australian prop
My first thought on reading about Josh Kerr was personal disappointment because he's the only player I have had several conversations with and at all times I found him willing to give me his time, being friendly, humble and very likeable. He represents his people well and I think he has been a good role model for indigenous players at the club. My 2nd thought was like Harry Bath - he could do a Brent Kite on us.

As early as the Covid lockdown in 2020 Josh was looking at a time when the not yet named Dolphins would enter the comp. But I had the impression by last year that his length of time at the Dragons was driving him to succeed here. However then he was exiled from the NRL team with the only instruction to learn to play longer minutes. I watched him a number of times playing big minutes in the KOE Cup, working hard with some great offloads. Posters on here used to say his hands were very ordinary. I could never agree - the problem was mostly when trying to offload. Before he was demoted last year he was clearly told not to offload with the result that handling was no longer an issue and he appeared to run harder. This season he seems to have refined a skill he always had to be able to offload at NRL level with its stronger defence.

Yes, I would say going home and being coached by Bennett are big factors for Josh, but he probably was influenced by the long spell out of the team last season, with Aaron Woods being preferred. I wish him well at the Dolphins but consider him a real loss.

Latest posts