What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Here's the article ^

If Lomax is annoyed or upset then it's an example of how his attitude has become quite poor over the last few seasons and is largely characteristic of the lack of accountability at the club, from top to bottom.

However, I understand his frustration. Moved from his preferred right side to the left where he's not as natural in playing, and then axed when it suddenly doesn't work out instead of moved back. That being said, Max Feagai will probably get the position which he certainly deserves after the Dogs game.

SMH are reporting it too -

qld redvee

Juniors
On Fox league twitter under James Hooper there is a headline "Dragons star left fuming as Griffin swings the axe in shock selection shakeup" with a photo of Lomax above....I can't access the actual post
Twinkle, swings the axe sounds like 3 or 4 players dropped so if its only zac then once again media doing the beat up on the club. As I've already posted dropping Zac isn't going to do anything

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Lomax missed a goal just like Burton did wow. He also set up a try picking up a loose ball from the Dogs as nothing else was happening. He raced most of the way and threw a peach of a pass for Feagai to score. He did not get a pass from his halves, it was a dropped ball from the Dogs but hey, drop Lomax and keep Amone and Hunt as they are proving to be so threatening in attack against a 2nd string bottom 4 side. Then again why drop Amone, he may chase you if you do. Dogs literally bombed 2 sitters so should have been way in front so the missed goal would not have made a difference.

I really hope Hook and Hunt stay in Qld after the game and don't come back. I am sure their will be plenty of offers to pack their gear and send it to them.

Parko1310

Juniors
Can't believe people seriously think moving Lomax back to the right is the answer. He was shit last year too. Where was he playing? The right. He has been given every opportunity, he's just not that good. Should've been dropped last year. The arrogance on show from him is deplorable if its true he's blown up. This is a "first grade footballer" who can't pass properly, is largely uncoordinated and is a supposed goal kicker kicking at 60%. Constantly slows our play down by f**king around in the play the ball, gives away crucial penalties. Suggestions that Hunt now has no one to kick for are laughable. Lomax has scored one try since 2020 collecting a high ball, which was against the titans a couple weeks ago. Other than that, he hangs out a hand as if that's going to do anything and knocks it on every time. His defence is so out of touch it's not even close to first grade standard. People will lay into hook at any given opportunity, and I agree he's got to go. But this is 100% the correct decision. Lomax needs a serious reality check, his ego is out of control.

qld redvee

Juniors
Can't believe people seriously think moving Lomax back to the right is the answer. He was shit last year too. Where was he playing? The right. He has been given every opportunity, he's just not that good. Should've been dropped last year. The arrogance on show from him is deplorable if its true he's blown up. This is a "first grade footballer" who can't pass properly, is largely uncoordinated and is a supposed goal kicker kicking at 60%. Constantly slows our play down by f**king around in the play the ball, gives away crucial penalties. Suggestions that Hunt now has no one to kick for are laughable. Lomax has scored one try since 2020 collecting a high ball, which was against the titans a couple weeks ago. Other than that, he hangs out a hand as if that's going to do anything and knocks it on every time. His defence is so out of touch it's not even close to first grade standard. People will lay into hook at any given opportunity, and I agree he's got to go. But this is 100% the correct decision. Lomax needs a serious reality check, his ego is out of control.
Parko.. in reality hook needs to drop more than lomax.. and the squad in general need to be better defenders

Parko1310

Juniors
Parko.. in reality hook needs to drop more than lomax.. and the squad in general need to be better defenders
Agreed, but he has been a real blight on our team for a long time now. It's up to him now. Does he want to look at himself in the mirror, get over his ego and realise he's not been good enough for a long time? Or does he want to point fingers at everyone else, have a sook and not get any better? He has been very very poor, and I've stated I believe he's currently the worst centre in the league. He's got to improve, otherwise see ya later and thanks for freeing up some cap space.

Victoire

Juniors
Telegraph reporting Liddle has been axed also! Sullivan is in and Toby Couchman's 18th man.
I'm now convinced Hook watches a different game to me.
7k7lb8.jpg

Victoire

Juniors
If that's true, this is why hook's gotta go. Makes a good decision with Lomax, and can't help himself but to make shit decisions along with it. The fact that liddle is dropped is criminal. Anything to preserve Moses Mbye right?
Dropping your only hooker, replacing him with a halfback, who will come off the bench to sub the hooker who is also a half. This is the Griffinverse

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Setting up Sullivan as his insurance policy. If they lose to the Tigers Sullivan will surely get the blame and be dropped again. If they win it will be happy days.

Wasn't it only just recently Liddle was talked about as being 80 minute player and got extended for good form?