What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Yes I knew that and see that as a sign of Toovey burying his hatchet with Manly and I suspect other than Des many Manly old boys will also return to the fold.

If Flanno does come to us then I can see Toovey moving up and being replaced by Crusher Cleal or some other exiled former great of the club.
Agree, think its a really unsettled place and has been for a while. Things changing…

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Here is the article I am clinging to....Thanks for finding it BDS

Shane Flanagan and Des Hasler are the only two men that the Dragons board are open to considering, a source at the Dragons has confirmed.

Shane Flanagan is currently an assistant coach to Anthony Siebold and the Manly Sea Eagles and Siebold have already provided their blessing for Flanagan to move on should he be offered a head coaching role at another club.

Des Hasler is currently without a coaching role and will revel in the opportunity to lead the Dragons back to success.

Jason Ryles and Ben Hornby were other coaches previously considered for the role, however, it appears neither of the Dragons’ legends will continue to be in contention.

Ryles has indicated to the Dragons that he will honour his contract at the Sydney Roosters and he will then be in the box seat to take over from Craig Bellamy at the Melbourne Storm.

There have also been indications that the unresolved coaching situation at the Dragons has hindered recruitment for 2024 and beyond. As a result of this, the Dragons expect to finalise the appointment in the coming weeks.

Dragon David

First Grade
Really want Hasler but will take Flanagan if selected. People have got to understand the enormous difference between AC and main coach. ACs. Have about 10% of the coach’s power so I will excuse flanagans last role here under knucklehead ( or is is knucklehead 1 with Hook being 2 ? )
That's what I say if I count!

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I've been a supporter of Flanno for HC in the past and would still prefer him to Hasler on the grounds of temperament, but if this report is accurate, I'm disappointed that Ben Hornby won't be a part of the coaching team. Souths are the best attacking team in the comp and Hornby the brains behind all that.

Latest posts