What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Mojo

Bench
I know not a rumour, but watching the last second try against the Roosters for the 100th time, I noticed that when Sloan put up the kick, Ben Hunt put his hands on his head. This is what he instinctively does when disappointed. He would off been ecstatic a few seconds later however.
Exactly. Almost a carbon copy of the kick Sullivan tried and got caned for. In the final seconds a conservative play want going to win was it?
Very unreasonable to disapprove (assuming it's true) unless there was an equally winnable alternative (which there wasn't)

Crush

Coach
Exactly. Almost a carbon copy of the kick Sullivan tried and got caned for. In the final seconds a conservative play want going to win was it?
Very unreasonable to disapprove (assuming it's true) unless there was an equally winnable alternative (which there wasn't)
Ben Hunt said in an interview after the game he was thinking “kick it kick it” as soon as Sloan got the ball, he said there was clear space out wide.

redv13

Bench
I know not a rumour, but watching the last second try against the Roosters for the 100th time, I noticed that when Sloan put up the kick, Ben Hunt put his hands on his head. This is what he instinctively does when disappointed. He would off been ecstatic a few seconds later however.
I disagree mate. I reckon it was more “ shit I hope the bounce is good ”. And all this bullshit about Hunt and Lomax is just bullshit. When Hunt scored the 1st one there to celebrate was Lomax so hopefully that puts that rubbish rumour to bed too

Mojo

Bench
Ben Hunt said in an interview after the game he was thinking “kick it kick it” as soon as Sloan got the ball, he said there was clear space out wide.
Good! Not true. I thought so. I'm pleased.
I still reckon the criticism of Sullivan's kick a couple of weeks earlier was unfair. If it succeeded he would have been anointed a new genius of the game. We weren't going to score through the hands.

Last edited:

slippery5

Juniors
Funny, I've got 360 on pause because I'm going to rewind the "Boot of the week" as I noticed someone on the edge put there hands on there head.

offiah

Juniors
Think I’d rather this giant centre from the Broncos. Did we even know he was available? Wait do we even have anyone in recruitment?

Kolum Kid

Juniors
The reality is Bens last play kick wouldn't have won it, however Sloans did. With one minute to Ben is still thinking conservatively whereas the kids throw caution to the wind. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.